Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The police will be looking into what Ramage said. It's on the border between legal and illegal.

I doubt that, and would hope that the police spend their time and resource chasing after actual criminals.

Ramage is guilty of being a little bit thick and has inadvertently made a casually racist comment.

He'll likely lose a job he loves as a result, that will be enough of a punishment.

I cant help but think this is like a witch hunt yet again. After recent events is it wise to all go after him? He should not have said what he said, it was always going to have this reaction.

I personally think that it was his silly way of describing Lowe and Bogle and instead of saying by name, he did so by ethnicity which, while people do day to day with no backlash when describing someone, it wasnt the right thing to do. I may be wrong, but let him explain first. 

Let it be dealt with internally. 

14 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

In fairness to Radio Derby, they couldn't leave the unedited version up. The police will be looking into what Ramage said. It's on the border between legal and illegal. His defence is that he mis-spoke, so will almost certainly face no charge. But if Radio Derby left the clip up whilst knowing its offensive nature, they would be committing a criminal offence. They should publish a legally non-committal explanation though.

Was thinking the same.

Everyone disgusted by the comments and angry at BBC for taking the comments out?

Make your minds up!

59 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Obviously the comment was wrong, but there seems a lot of sticking the boot in.

Ramage wasn't many people's cup of tea already, but after recent events it's also important to remember to be kind.

Let's not have some horrible pile-on.

#BeKind

I don’t like the pair of them on commentary but yes, the witch hunt isn’t good. It’s happened, he’s done it, now leave it to get dealt with. If it doesn’t get dealt with how it should then is the time for more pressure. 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was thinking the same.

Everyone disgusted by the comments and angry at BBC for taking the comments out?

Make your minds up!

It’s more the fact they did a stealth edit and have said literally nothing. Comes across as a cover up. 

Radio Derby had to take it down / edit it, in fact I think they’re probably legally obliged to. 

however, by doing that they’ve done two things:

1) they’ve unequivocally recognised and admitted That what damage said was unacceptable, and therefore there has to be some further consequences.

2) by not making it clear that it’s an edited version, they’ve cast doubt on Max’s original statement. Did he mis hear it? Is he just an easily offended snow flake? All these questions are going round social media belittling his dignified stance. 

radio Derby could have nipped that in the bud with a simple statement. 

It was an idiotic thing for Ramage to say and he needs to publicly apologise for saying it but I can't help thinking that a lot of the comments on here are driven by those who have wanted him off RD for a long time. Would you be saying the same thing if Eric Steele had said it or one of the Rams TV pundits? 

If Ramage doesn't apologise for what he has said then it becomes a different matter but at least give him a chance to do so before you clamour for him to be chucked off RD.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was thinking the same.

Make your minds up!

Not really, just issue an apology... by not dealing with this situation, it has escalated with players and coaches now becoming involved. This could all have been avoided. 

4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

It was an idiotic thing for Ramage to say and he needs to publicly apologise for saying it but I can't help thinking that a lot of the comments on here are driven by those who have wanted him off RD for a long time. Would you be saying the same thing if Eric Steele had said it or one of the Rams TV pundits? 

If Ramage doesn't apologise for what he has said then it becomes a different matter but at least give him a chance to do so before you clamour for him to be chucked off RD.

So you’re not in favour of a public stoning then?

44 minutes ago, rsmini said:

After the match we got back to the car about 5:30 (it's a long walk) We then listened to the rest of Sportscene on Radio Derby and the gent in question was having a right go at Max Bird for some unknown reason. Chris Coles seemed confused by this as well. We totally disagreed with Mr Ramage as we knew Max Bird had an excellent game, like he always does. 

We know the game is all about opinions but we did think he had no reason to single out Max Bird

I’ve not listened to it but from how I’ve seen people paraphrase it I don’t think he’s particularly wrong. 

To say that Bird should play through the thirds more is both constructive and accurate. 

Depends how he said it though, I guess. 

Archived