Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Whilst potentially forming part of the same mindset, the difference in what was actually said is pretty different. 

Yeah I know. Basically as much as I don’t like Ramage as a pundit I’m actually wondering if he mean’t to say back players, only because he’d been ranting about Lowe and Bogle.

However, he rabbits on that fast without thinking who knows, inexcusable either way. He only had to pause, breathe and be a bit more eloquent; trouble is he just rambles on.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zag zig said:

Yeah I know. Basically as much as I don’t like Ramage as a pundit I’m actually wondering if he mean’t to say back players, only because he’d been ranting about Lowe and Bogle.

However, he rabbits on that fast without thinking who knows, inexcusable either way. He only had to pause, breathe and be a bit more eloquent; trouble is he just rambles on.

nope - what he said was what he said. 

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The irony being that DCFC cannot really say what they believe should happen to Ramage punishment wise given they don’t believe that drink driving, causing a road traffic accident and leaving the scene of a RTA warrants a dismissal!

That's a very interesting point. 

Do people calling for him to be sacked believe it is a worse offence than what eg Tom Lawrence - who has been praised for turning things around - did? 

I never listen to RD, so don't care that much but if he says the right things now I think he deserves a second chance. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The club have distanced themselves from the comments but have had the common sense unlike some posters on here not to advocate what the outcome should be and leave that to the BBC to deal with as part of their internal processes 

We aren’t a professional body. We are just a group of people offering thoughts and opinions, like anyone would with a group of pals down the pub or sat at the match. Seems a little redundant being on a forum without offering opinion and reasoning behind your opinions. To my knowledge, no one in this thread has abused anyone or not backed themselves up. 

22 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Eh?

Ramage has singled out players of colour whilst criticising a disappointing display. What on earth would Michael Johnson have to apologise for?

And why the mention of Jason Roberts? Because he refuses to normalise casual racism by turning the other cheek & staying quiet?

No he hasnt singled them out for the disappointing display. 

11 minutes ago, DRBee said:

You need to listen to more of the interview - he was criticising them but dressing it up as encouragement for the future. Then add the selection of a single group by colour ......

Yep listened to the interview.

But trying to make out he singled out black players is not true.

Just now, Srg said:

We aren’t a professional body. We are just a group of people offering thoughts and opinions, like anyone would with a group of pals down the pub or sat at the match. Seems a little redundant being on a forum without offering opinion and reasoning behind your opinions. To my knowledge, no one in this thread has abused anyone or not backed themselves up. 

I genuinely didn't incinuate that anyone on here had abused anyone. 

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Whether such comments are racially motivated or not, you simply can't be making these kinds of distinctions and expecting folk to think it's fine to do so. If this really needs explaining to Ramage then he has no business being in a broadcasting role.

Frankly, if a full and unreserved apology is not made very quickly, then I really feel he should be out of a job. The fact he has failed to apologise already hardly stands him in good stead.

Good points. I hope he's just been silly and chose his word's poorly. People can often say something that was not intended and it can detract from so called fans that are giving players abuse, no if's or buts. Let's not become a mob, let's not be rash and ruin people's lives. Lowe and Bogle have the opportunity to show him that they are in fact mature and rational. 

Well done Max 

I am always bemused by the need to discuss someone’s colour or gender or anything when relating to something as basic as how did he/she play .. it’s really is bizarre. I see athletes, tall short, fat, thin, black, white. All the same. Why would he distinguish on colour ? 

weirdly I didn’t feel the same anger when Ron Atkinson messed up. He was talking about one player that he knew, he might as well have said big eared or fat .. to him, I always felt it was just the same, it wasn’t prejudice it was just insensitive and ill educated .

This one however is a different thing .. it’s making a grouping and a judgement of a group based on skin colour, it’s as primitive as it’s wrong. It isn’t just an insult to an individual it’s that ugly classification thing that in my book racist. No excuse ! 

Whoever said it needs to eat some serious humble pie, apologise sincerely but above all ... learn !

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I genuinely didn't incinuate that anyone on here had abused anyone. 

Not saying you did, I’m just making the point that offering opinions, solutions, outcomes etc is essentially what we are here for - within reason and without libel, of course. 

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Could be on to something there. He didnt even flinch or pause after he said it, and even hard core racists i imagine would know what they could get away with live on radio. 

Add Malone in the infamous video plus Keoghs behaviour he may well be lumping that in with Bogle and Lowe's apparent attitude and bam the most obvious thing to him that links them apart from their positions is their skin colour, which is one letter away from the word he meant to say. He does use wrong words a lot.

Bit of a reach but possible. 

6 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

nope - what he said was what he said. 

Yeah I know what he said, I just wonder if he tries to defend it by saying he spoke the wrong word. Again, I repeat inexcusable. All a question of what R.D do about it.

3 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Could be on to something there. He didnt even flinch or pause after he said it, and even hard core racists i imagine would know what they could get away with live on radio. 

Add Malone in the infamous video plus Keoghs behaviour he may well be lumping that in with Bogle and Lowe's apparent attitude and bam the most obvious thing to him that links them apart from their positions is their skin colour, which is one letter away from the word he meant to say. He does use wrong words a lot.

Bit of a reach but possible. 

I think trying to say the word back was what he meant to say is like saying someone hacked into your Instagram account.

5 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

No way. “Young back players”? I can’t recall him describing defenders as “back players” ever so seems unlikely. 

look he should not have said it, whether he has wider views of people of colour or just meant Bogle and Lowe and was using it as a description. It’s not acceptable and has repercussions. I think he needs to be taken out of the situation for everyone’s sake. There has to be a stance taken that the language and insinuation are not acceptable. He also needs to be removed for himself so there isn’t a hounding on social media etc. 

there should be a wider bit in terms of educating Ramage and establishing what he meant. People need educating about this if they hold such views.

Archived