Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

In fairness to Radio Derby, they couldn't leave the unedited version up. The police will be looking into what Ramage said. It's on the border between legal and illegal. His defence is that he mis-spoke, so will almost certainly face no charge. But if Radio Derby left the clip up whilst knowing its offensive nature, they would be committing a criminal offence. They should publish a legally non-committal explanation though.

They should take it down completely ,the edit just makes it much worse.IMO.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And here we go.

Jason Robert's comments incoming in 3-2-1...

He wasnt blaming things on our young players of colour.

I hope Michael Johnson issues an apology for making things up and fanning the flames....

Eh?

Ramage has singled out players of colour whilst criticising a disappointing display. What on earth would Michael Johnson have to apologise for?

And why the mention of Jason Roberts? Because he refuses to normalise casual racism by turning the other cheek & staying quiet?

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

The link was posted much earlier, in a different thread. I listened, and heard it.

So did I Rev and I also posted my thoughts on Craig calling out our two full backs.

Anyone recall Ron Atkinson, he was a far better pundit than Ramage but 10 seconds cost his career.

We now live in an era where social media allows us to throw a complete blanket of blame/fault within minutes. This can be done hidden behind a username without looking another individual in the eyes.

Sadly Ramage’s comments have tarnished all individuals who are black by the same paintbrush. This is wrong. I agree that in my opinion he has misspoken but it’ll take years now for him to repair his reputation.

BBC Derby and Ramage both now have to act quickly and properly. For me this should be a suspension at minimum.

One last point, years and years ago Graham Richards was fired after referring to Brian Deane falling down like the twin towers. Not a racist comment but a very disrespectful comment. You could say this is worse.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And here we go.

Jason Robert's comments incoming in 3-2-1...

He wasnt blaming things on our young players of colour.

I hope Michael Johnson issues an apology for making things up and fanning the flames....

You need to listen to more of the interview - he was criticising them but dressing it up as encouragement for the future. Then add the selection of a single group by colour ......

14 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

So did I Rev and I also posted my thoughts on Craig calling out our two full backs.

Anyone recall Ron Atkinson, he was a far better pundit than Ramage but 10 seconds cost his career.

Whilst potentially forming part of the same mindset, the difference in what was actually said is pretty big. 

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The irony being that DCFC cannot really say what they believe should happen to Ramage punishment wise given they don’t believe that drink driving, causing a road traffic accident and leaving the scene of a RTA warrants a dismissal!

33 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Ah, good old 'what about-ism'.  Having made mistakes in the past, he is no longer able to comment on those made by others.  As if.

Not at all, but you think he might have a better understanding of how easy it is to say 'the wrong thing' without necessarily meaning harm.

Archived