Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think trying to say the word back was what he meant to say is like saying someone hacked into your Instagram account.

Possibly. But both you and i dont know. 

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

Interested to know what facts you expect to be found which make the comments ok. 

What came before the phrases that are quoted, what his intent was? 

12 minutes ago, Sean said:

For those who said he has misspoken, why would he bring up their race in a slip of the tongue?

If they had wooden legs would it be too obvious to mention? 

The thing thats really irked me with this isn't just the fact that he's mentioned their race, which on its own is unacceptable but the fact that he said "all the young black lads." 

A slip of the tongue might "both the young black lads" (if referencing Lowe & Bogle, again would still be unacceptable); but to say "all" takes it beyond that, for me. Really implies he sees an attitude problem among all young black players.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Why mention their colour then?

Think he was referring to Bogle and Lowe in particular at that point.

There was no need for him to mention their colour as I have already said.

In the interview as a whole though he was not singling out black players and blaming them for our poor performance.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No he hasnt singled them out for the disappointing display. 

Yes he has. He is talking about their 'commitment' in the context of the match & in the immediate aftermath of the match.

Fine incidentally if he had a specific issue with the 2 players & they happened to be black/mixed raced but then he specifies their skin colour.

23 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Yeah I know. Basically as much as I don’t like Ramage as a pundit I’m actually wondering if he mean’t to say back players, only because he’d been ranting about Lowe and Bogle.

However, he rabbits on that fast without thinking who knows, inexcusable either way. He only had to pause, breathe and be a bit more eloquent; trouble is he just rambles on.

Yeah that well known football expression, “back players”...!

Is there a straw shortage?

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Slightly off topic comment but if Ramage is that bad a summariser as some would make out on here then why has been employed at Radio Derby for so long 

Plenty of holes out there that don’t deserve to be in the jobs they’re in. 

13 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Yes he has. He is talking about their 'commitment' in the context of the match & in the immediate aftermath of the match.

Fine incidentally if he had a specific issue with the 2 players & they happened to be black/mixed raced but then he specifies their skin colour.

Ok your opinion.

My opinion is he was singling out younger players and then went on to make the comment about young black players who I took to mean Bogle and Lowe.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Slightly off topic comment but if Ramage is that bad a summariser as some would make out on here then why has been employed at Radio Derby for so long 

Maybe because he creates controversy and divides opinion - not a bad combination to attract listeners (and more relevantly), paying advertisers.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

It’s just opinions. I don’t think he’s very good at his job. Neither of them actually seem to know what they’re talking about, have no information behind what they’re saying from the last teams we’ve played, form table or anything. Constant guess work. He himself just trots out the same cliches each week “win your battles” etc. It’s not so much an insight as just a guy moaning who used to play. But some like that and want to hear it. Don’t want him sacked because I don’t like him, some do and I can choose to listen or not. Same way I choose not to watch Good Morning Britain due to Piers, lot of other people watch and like him but I don’t think he’s good at his job, just shouts and rants and is then someone who “speaks his mind” etc

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Radio Derby must see something in him then to explain his longevity

Yeah, probably. But as I said, there’s plenty of examples out there of people being kept in roles despite their incompetence. Doesn’t surprise me someone at Radio Derby sees something in him many of us don’t. 

Archived