Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Haven't the BBC done the right thing in re editing the podcast without the offensive comments?

I think it’s the way they’ve done it, that’s the problem. With no acknowledgement of the issue and why it’s been done. It’s like they’ve done it on the sly and hoped no one noticed.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Haven't the BBC done the right thing in re editing the podcast without the offensive comments?

Probably, but it's an at best misguided act to then reupload it without acknowledging that they had edited it.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

It shouldn't have been posted in the first place, but once the error was realised they should have simply removed it. What they have done, with total lack of comment, is make it look like they are covering it up.

Michael Johnson isn't without 'sin' where using words 'incorrectly' is concerned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25646051

"Michael Johnson has stepped down from the Football Association's Inclusion Advisory Board following criticism over comments he made in 2012 describing homosexuality as "detestable".

There's lots of stone-throwing going on without a hearing first it seems.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Has there been any sort of apology yet? If there’s not by now, it’s pretty poor form. And any shred of sympathy for Ramage & RD are fading away.

I agree, there should have been some comment by now. Its beyond poor.

This all just confirms, if such confirmation is needed, that Ramage is an unprofessional prat.  I make no apologies for the fact that if this means he will no longer be gracing the airwaves of Derby then I shall not be losing a wink of sleep.  

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Michael Johnson isn't without 'sin' where using words 'incorrectly' is concerned.

"Michael Johnson has stepped down from the Football Association's Inclusion Advisory Board following criticism over comments he made in 2012 describing homosexuality as "detestable".

Ah, good old 'what about-ism'.  Having made mistakes in the past, he is no longer able to comment on those made by others.  As if.

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Ah, good old 'what about-ism'.  Having made mistakes in the past, he is no longer able to comment on those made by others.  As if.

I think the comment was made to highlight the potential hypocrisy of the situation.

I use the words potential advisorably

37 minutes ago, Srg said:

It’s more the fact they did a stealth edit and have said literally nothing. Comes across as a cover up. 

To be fair it's a Sunday and I would imagine they will probably take legal advice before commenting. 

A bit like the EFL charge story, maybe its worth waiting a day or two to hear the official stance rather than being judge and jury!

6 minutes ago, LazloW said:

He cited religion for his own views, perhaps he remembers something about 'lest he who is without sin'? 

Entitled to his opinion but perhaps he can remember what saying something inadvisable leads to and not be so quick to add fuel to the fire. 

Not like Max needs any further words, said everything he needed to with a touch of class. 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This isn’t about Michael Johnson though is it?

11 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Maybe he could have caveated his criticism by pointing out that he has made ill thought out comments and hoping that Ramage is given the chance to apologise and get on with his career?

1 minute ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

This isn’t about Michael Johnson though is it?

No, well it wasnt until he jumped on the bandwagon.

If he feels it fine to analyse peoples comments then sure it is fair for people to analyse his.

What Max Lowe wrote was all that needed saying.

Archived