Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine the club have issued a statement (I mean, how dare they) because the media has no doubt been inundating them with questions about their views on what has been said/supposed to have been said.  Issuing a statement probably saves the press officer a bit of time.  But clearly, club statements are something to get mildly wound up about, obviously.

I heard an interview with Tim Sherwood the other day. 

When he was asked about Villa avoiding relegation he made some pretty sweeping statements about foreign players not playing for the cause and having to rely on the British players to save them cos only they cared. 

Obviously its 'different' ...but no one batted an eye lid and the presenters seemed to concur with sentiments that I would suggest some of the foreign Villa players would think were out of order and not totally different in nature from the sentiments yesterday. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

What's the rush? They've taken down the offensive portions of the podcast, Ramage isn't due to broadcast again today. 

I would have thought a competent broadcaster would have at least addressed it rather than attempt to cover it up. 

Its, in my opinion,  poor they haven't at least issued some sort of statement. 

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

I would have thought a competent broadcaster would have at least addressed it rather than attempt to cover it up. 

You mean addressed it within the timescales of your personal expectations.

Still doesn't mean that they won't address it.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Might be better to get what they say right ,perhaps learnt from rampage saying stuff before thinking

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

When they edited the podcast they should've just said "Edited to remove certain remarks which may have caused offense" - Factual, neutral and honest. Deal with the rest later (i.e. properly on Monday) and would've taken literally trivial effort to include.

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Might be better to get what they say right ,perhaps learnt from rampage saying stuff before thinking

Surely could have put something out to acknowledge that its happened and that a further comment will be made when an investigation has occurred.

23 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Not just mine.

Do you think Max Lowe is justified in being offended by those comments?

Ok your and others opinion. Sure there are other with different opinions.

Yes think Lowe and Bogle are both both justified I  being offended by the comments.

Already said Lowes response was good. 

Not sure why people like Michael Johnson feel the need to wade into the matter. 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

When they edited the podcast they should've just said "Edited to remove certain remarks which may have caused offense" - Factual, neutral and honest. Deal with the rest later (i.e. properly on Monday) and would've taken literally trivial effort to include.

Yep that's all i think is necessary,  at least acknowledge the situation.  

I wasn’t going to enter this debate but will. Firstly I think what Craig said was totally unacceptable. He must and will  face sanction. I have no idea about his views on race but feel the preamble leading up to the black player quote, to me at least, suggests he thinks it’s a trait of black players in particular. Having said that, I make mistakes in life, as I’m sure most of us do. Please let him apologise ( hopefully he thinks he needs to) and face what punishment comes his way. But let’s not get carried away with our condemnation and calls for recriminations. Don’t hound him or especially his family mercilessly. It’s such a shame we no longer seem capable of accepting a persons failings and afford them the opportunity to improve and learn from their mistakes and ultimately grow Into better people 

12 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I'd have assumed that a responsible Broadcaster like the BBC were not naive enough to rush out a statement safe in the knowledge that it would be heavily scrutinized and pulled apart.

I would also have assumed that they have been in close contact with their legal team all day discussing the ramifications of any statement that they do make.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'd have assumed that a responsible Broadcaster like the BBC were not naive enough to rush out a statement safe in the knowledge that it would be heavily scrutinized and pulled apart.

I would also have assumed that they have been in close contact with their legal team all day discussing the ramifications of any statement that they do make.

Fair enough your opinions differ to mine. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I am not sure a local radio station has a legal team on speed dial unless they have access to the BBC Corporate lawyers, and even then it wouldn't be a quick call on a Sunday.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Do you think that they are crazy enough to go and rush out an ill informed statement knowing that it inevitably will get picked to pieces much like Ramages comments already have been on here. 

To be fair they seem to have put a ton of thought into it

Archived