Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Obviously the comment was wrong, but there seems a lot of sticking the boot in.

Ramage wasn't many people's cup of tea already, but after recent events it's also important to remember to be kind.

Let's not have some horrible pile-on.

#BeKind

I do agree, i said in my original post sacking isnt always the answer, but some sort of sanction, suspension and education is required.

What i don't agree with is what seems an attempt by Radio Derby to cover it up. While i fully expect there will be some sort of statement at some point, editing the original is bang out of order. Their actions have not been good so far,

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Obviously the comment was wrong, but there seems a lot of sticking the boot in.

Ramage wasn't many people's cup of tea already, but after recent events it's also important to remember to be kind.

Let's not have some horrible pile-on.

#BeKind

I wrote a reply earlier and decided not to post it but in response to the post above I agree,  yes lets be kind but that may not save him his job.

There is no defending the remark as it betrays racist thinking - why use the word 'black' at all? , Post match he was unfairly critical of all the young players including Max Bird. In the  Radio Derby facebook video post match he is very hard on both Max Lowe and Jayden Bogle.

Does Rammage take any notice of the FA /EFL actions about inclusion and does Radio Derby provide any training to their programme presenters?

After the match we got back to the car about 5:30 (it's a long walk) We then listened to the rest of Sportscene on Radio Derby and the gent in question was having a right go at Max Bird for some unknown reason. Chris Coles seemed confused by this as well. We totally disagreed with Mr Ramage as we knew Max Bird had an excellent game, like he always does. 

We know the game is all about opinions but we did think he had no reason to single out Max Bird

I thought Max Bird had a decent game. Never heard the comments, tend to only put the radio on to listen to Cocu and any of the players after,

I've no time for Ramage or his side-kick who totally ruin matchday coverage  but if he comes out, is genuinely contrite and makes a personal apology to the 2 lads then it's up to his employers as to whether there's any other action required, other than education.

However, as far as BBC Radio Derby is concerned you should hang your heads in shame for your reaction to the situation.

I'd love to know Colin Gibson and Owen Bradleys' views.

4 minutes ago, rsmini said:

After the match we got back to the car about 5:30 (it's a long walk) We then listened to the rest of Sportscene on Radio Derby and the gent in question was having a right go at Max Bird for some unknown reason. Chris Coles seemed confused by this as well. We totally disagreed with Mr Ramage as we knew Max Bird had an excellent game, like he always does. 

We know the game is all about opinions but we did think he had no reason to single out Max Bird

This is Ramage - it's all about him. He's gained this reputation for 'saying it as it is' and he seems to bask in it. A poor mans' Robbie Savage and believe you me, that's saying something.

In fairness to Radio Derby, they couldn't leave the unedited version up. The police will be looking into what Ramage said. It's on the border between legal and illegal. His defence is that he mis-spoke, so will almost certainly face no charge. But if Radio Derby left the clip up whilst knowing its offensive nature, they would be committing a criminal offence. They should publish a legally non-committal explanation though.

Absolutely disgusting. Both the comment and the cover up.

There’s no defending this. We need to come together as supporters and show Radio Derby (and the wider footballing community) that we won’t accept this kind of attitude and behaviour. 

We cant let recent news  cloud a situation that has no connection. But without doubt Ramage should be sanctioned both by Derby County and the BBC in the guise of Radio Derby.

If a fan wasy found to have made racial remarks surely the would be banned from the ground. With that in mind the club should not be seen to be using double standards.

As for Radio Derby they must have guidelines for dealing with the situation. We has fans can show our disapproval by registering our disgust by what ever means maybe the phone in will be interesting tomorrow

1 minute ago, TommyPowell said:

We cant let recent news  cloud a situation that has no connection. But without doubt Ramage should be sanctioned both by Derby County and the BBC in the guise of Radio Derby.

If a fan wasy found to have made racial remarks surely the would be banned from the ground. With that in mind the club should not be seen to be using double standards.

As for Radio Derby they must have guidelines for dealing with the situation. We has fans can show our disapproval by registering our disgust by what ever means maybe the phone in will be interesting tomorrow

I may be wrong but I am doubtful they will entertain it being discussed.

1 minute ago, TommyPowell said:

Was thinking the same - might listen for once.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

In fairness to Radio Derby, they couldn't leave the unedited version up. The police will be looking into what Ramage said. It's on the border between legal and illegal. His defence is that he mis-spoke, so will almost certainly face no charge. But if Radio Derby left the clip up whilst knowing its offensive nature, they would be committing a criminal offence. They should publish a legally non-committal explanation though.

I agree. Shouldn't have reposted an edited version though which was what 2 - 3 hours since now? Why did it take that long to remove it, and why no comment since.

As you say the comment doesn't even have to go into depth, something acknowledging the seriousness and that they don't condone it and that a thorough investigation will take place. No need to commit to anything but at least let people know you give a damn.

Archived