Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

And now all the people come out, looking up sportscene, finding the edited version and starting a movement of "he didn't even say it". The age of misinformation. 

Having a scan through the posts on Max Lowe's instagram someone has already said that it wasnt said 'unless it was edited out', so that person isnt denying it just saying it doest say that on the one they hear, but thats why Radio Derby are in the wrong reposting an edited version. At least had they taken it off it would have left no doubt the reason why.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Whether such comments are racially motivated or not, you simply can't be making these kinds of distinctions and expecting folk to think it's fine to do so. If this really needs explaining to Ramage then he has no business being in a broadcasting role.

I agree, and while Ramage gets on my nerves with his analysis I wonder when I read the 1st para of that statement whether what he said before it might throw light on his comment:

'...so I'd probably say that about all the young black lads, all the young...'

I wonder if he'd been talking about Bogle and decided to broaden the comment to include, both fullbacks, then all young players - that at least is what it sounds like?

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Either someone has given Max the wrong information or the BBC are covering it up. I didn't hear 'black lads' in this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p083kwjs around 19 minutes.

Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

The link was posted much earlier, in a different thread. I listened, and heard it.

Yep it was definitely said. Thats why Radio Derby have scored a massive own goal re-posting an edited version. Should have left it off leaving no confusion around why.

19 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Should Craig Ramage have said what he did? Definitely not.Do I think Craig Ramage is racist? Definitely not.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Having listened to radio Derby a lot (as an exile) I'm inclined to agree Craig ramage is an idiot rather than a racist.

Doesn't make it alright, but perhaps he can learn a bit from this (whatever the fall out May be).

An idiot who makes racist comments is still a racist. I agree he's a complete idiot but ignorance/idiocity is no excuse for it. 

He couldn't even argue it's about context, 'young lads' 'young fullbacks' 'youngsters' all would have sufficed. 

2 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

I deffo heard it. If they've edited it out then that's just made it far worse for Radio Derby.

Radio Derby simply have to come out with a statement very quickly. There seems to be too many people that have said they have heard it for it not to have happened. 

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

An idiot who makes racist comments is still a racist. I agree he's a complete idiot but ignorance/idiocity is no excuse for it. 

He couldn't even argue it's about context, 'young lads' 'young fullbacks' 'youngsters' all would have sufficed. 

You're right. 100%.

I think perhaps I was trying to say I believe it's probably more from ignorance than malice, however racism is racism and I apologise. I should've thought a bit before posting.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Radio Derby simply have to come out with a statement very quickly. There seems to be too many people that have said they have heard it for it not to have happened. 

Just now, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

If it's been edited out and no apology made, then this is seriously poor from Radio Derby and questions need to be raised.

As this is gathering momentum, people are now listening to it, have now read a few posts on twitter where people are saying they can't hear what is being talked about.

It is very poor by Radio Derby.

Archived