v Luton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Poor, very poor.

Hamer and Lowe really stooopid.

Defending poor but no creativity, no goal threat.

Waghorn and Lawrence just not up to it.

This will bring the Cocu outers back out in force but this is a very poor quality squad - hard to say that because of there being so many youngsters but...

The sad thing is I think Hamer had a good game. But, you can't blame him for Lowe's reaction on the ref. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Did Cocu pick up a back-pass?

Did Cocu kick a ball into his own net when he could have cleared it?

Come on, ffs.

At what stage are we allowed to blame the manager for things? For literally every goal ever scored in football you could say, "did the manager tell his players not to mark him so he could score?" 

We've been poo all season. The team has no discipline, collapses away from home almost every week and I know our team is the weakest it's been in a good few years, but we still should be performing a hell of a lot better than Cocu has us playing. 

4 minutes ago, Justa said:

Of course not - he has nothing to do with training these players, choosing the team,  deciding tactics, motivating players etc does he ?

Do you really think Cocu sets training for the players for the players to go out and play like that. If the players can't be self motivated enough to put a good shift in to command a spot in the replay coming up with a possible fixture against Man Utd they shouldn't be playing football

1 minute ago, singaporeram said:

Game screaming out for Marriott. Not always a fan of his but the amount of possession we had on the edge of the box was screaming for someone to make the sort of 5 yard runs that he's excellent at.

Lowe daft at the end but everyone's heads (fans + players) gone by that point.

Cocu's picked three strikers on the bench then frightened to bring them on. Shinnie was the sort of battling presence we could have dealt with once the game turned into a struggle. What has he got against subs. 

He as nothing against subs par-say the problem is he as no clue when and how to use them thats concerning 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

The theory behind Waghorn is some physicality and link-up whilst having some in-behind play as well. We go three up top because we need two goals and have no other offensive players on the bench save for a teenager… 

People really do over-react don’t they? Forget reasoning, just get angry 

agreed

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Doesn't matter. He pushed the refs arm away. You just can't do that and therefore can't blame the ref or accuse him of being a wuss. 

Sorry, heat of the moment and all that but Lowe's reaction was indefensible. 

I can and i did. He's acted rash himself. Put yourself in his shoes, it's pathetic. He's not harmed him, he's not in immediate danger. Should take control of the situation and then tell the player not to do that. Let's stop making football so pathetic. Otherwise I'm going to have to stick to the Ice Hockey. 

Just now, Andicis said:

You win your game, and instead of just enjoying that you come on here to gloat? You're massively tragic mate.

I dunno, losing at Luton who are bottom of the league and haven't won a game in what, 10?

That's probably a little more tragic 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

At what stage are we allowed to blame the manager for things? For literally every goal ever scored in football you could say, "did the manager tell his players not to mark him so he could score?" 

We've been poo all season. The team has no discipline, collapses away from home almost every week and I know our team is the weakest it's been in a good few years, but we still should be performing a hell of a lot better than Cocu has us playing. 

Of course you can, 100% the manager holds responsibility for a huge part of this.

But, in this particular game, we lost this game because of seriously stupid errors. Individual stupid errors. Similar game to Forest away or West Brom at home. 

We've lost games because of tactical decisions this season, but this wasn't one.

14 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

"I like how Lowe touch the ref, it show he fight for team mates and I like this. We are together and let no one hurt the club."

6 minutes ago, Sir Ramalot said:

Let’s hear a great broken English defence of the performance from PC.... I for one cannot wait.... standard issue...

No wonder we've never attracted a foreign manager before now and can never seem to find players from abroad.

Have a word you pair.

Cocu can certainly do things better but he is also the one that is kopping the flak for what is a collective failure. You can't look at some of the basic errors (like Bogle being unable to properly kick a ball that isnt moving very fast and scoring an own goal) and blame Cocu directly.

The plan was working, it might not be the best plan but it was working. We were winning the game and Luton looked flat and out of it. What happened next was total madness.

The players should take all the blame for that shower. Miles on top at the start of the 2nd half, go 1 up and then the stupid idiotic mentality of the players kick in. They are thick. Simple. We got lucky 2-3 times before they scored.

Game summed up by the sending off. For me, Lowe was shoved but it was a back pass. Under no pressure Hamer picks up. Then Lowe pushes the refs arms. Idiotic in the extreme. Cocu, if he has it in him, should tear them all a new one. Garbage. 

Archived