v Luton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

11 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

We have one of the best squads in the league. Don't do the obvious thing and think we have such a poor squad because they aren't doing well. I'm not about to give a long list of players, their stats in previous seasons, experience in this league, the fees paid, accolades and more as justification. 

It's easy to say no Tomori, Mount or Wilson. But they were all gambles. It's not as if our manager has been prevented from signing anyone. 

Can I have some of what ur on please

”one of the best squads in the league”

our squad is piss poor ... imo opinion cocus dour tactics aren’t helping that, but it isn’t one of the best squads in the league buddy m, not even close 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

Name 6 teams that have better squads not squad parity and give justification... Nope, you can't do it. 

Name 6 teams that have better squads (on paper, I assume) than us? That's really easy. I bet there's at least a dozen.

On 27/01/2020 at 10:13, Alpha said:

I've got a feeling we might score and then score again. I think it could be a 2-0 thriller with a handful of shots. Strap in! 

I knew it would be a thriller. 5 goals and Cocu's Derby scoring twice!!! 

Getting to the stage now where when it comes to pick goal of the season we will have seven or eight goals to choose from. 

Is it true on the highlights package they show the goals scored in training sessions?

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Can I have some of what ur on please

”one of the best squads in the league”

our squad is piss poor ... imo opinion cocus dour tactics aren’t helping that, but it isn’t one of the best squads in the league buddy m, not even close 

Name all the squads that are better than ours then...

As a Half fan, and an admitted Happy clapper - I am starting to get worried.

When are we going to change our tactics for away games, coz they aint working.,

and what happened to motivation, which seems to be missing at the moment

I remember back to the 4 nil thrashing by Leeds at the start of the last season, and we actually

played well, you could see what we were trying to do - Leeds were just Fantastic thou, not sure

how to describe this?

Lots of below par performances tonight, but much more concerned about the negative style of  football being played.  For large parts of the game we looked comfortable without creating anything. Waggers looked off the pace and we showed no real threat up front .Thought we had just done enough to steal the points against a poor side at 1.0 but any quality previously shown was abandoned once scoring . 3 points well dropped tonight and Cocu needs to reconsider his tactics and formations if he is ever going to take us forward .Throwing Marriott and Martin on with such little game time stunk of desperation rather than creativity or genius ,and dispite some average performances would question the preparation ,formation and and selection foremost.

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Leeds, West Brom, Forest, Fulham, Bristol City, Cardiff, Swansea...... and at a push Brentford, Stoke (Yep I know) and Sheff Weds.

Give me a reason why you think Derby’s is better? 

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

The top six are all Better than ours for starters 

we have a left back selection of the erratic max lowe or scott wtf Malone 

our strongest cb pairing involves a right back, out gk is average to below average, we don’t have anything near a 20 a goal a season striker 

we have Tom Lawrence as our “creative” source 

yer we’re right up there arnt we  

lmao 

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Somehow, we are still closer to the playoffs than the relegation zone...

3rd best team in the league at home. If that keeps up; we wont be mathematically out of the hunt for a while yet.

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

No,you explain your justification and reckoning how we have one of the best squads in the league

When you take into account squad depth, experience ability to keep clean sheets, score goals and create chances there are but a few clubs with better squads. Many sides above us rely on one or two players to take them from a mid table side to a side that challenges for the play offs. The likes of Sheff Wednesday, Brentford, Hull. All the clubs who have better squads, are clustered right at the top of the table. Our fans have formed an echo chamber. Fans of other clubs laugh at talk of we have a poor squad. No, were just really poo, they say. 

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

Not just Cocu though is it mate 

Worse record away from home since Jewell, one of the biggest net spends. He should be doing a lot better. Morris knows this. Rooney must have thought this as he wouldn’t have joined a club battling to stay up (points deduction). 

Archived