v Luton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad thing is. I’m not pissed at the players or the management. I’m pissed at our mentality. It was so fragile it was unreal. Have never seen a team concede 2 goals instantly after they’ve scored. Matt Clarke was shocking today. Give cocu time tho but we are crying out and I mean crying out for a winger. Just gotta stick this out unfortunately guys. Let all the crap leave and then we can finally build a stable team 

also duck the ref. Every time a Luton player went down it was a foul and it was against us almost as if efl refs are paid to try make us lose every week. Feel like I’m having a go at the red every week at this point 

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

This will bring the Cocu outers back out in force but this is a very poor quality squad - hard to say that because of there being so many youngsters but...

How many of our last 5 or so managers would the majority of our fans have allowed to stay for such poor performances? That sums it up for me. He's living on borrowed time. 

2 minutes ago, desirelines said:

What does taking responsibility look like then? Resigning? A procession of self-flagellation through the streets of Belper? 

Are you seriously happy with the way he sets the team up?? Defensive against ducking bottom of the league! No shots against a div 2 team! But it’s not the managers fault?

Maybe our manager didn't spend enough time analysing the bottom team in the division and making sure that we countered their threat.

Hopefully he has spent enough time analysing the bottom ranked team in the FA cup to be sure that we match their threat too.

In the meantime, expect Stoke to put us to the sword.

V a team that hasn't won for ages Waghorn up front - Martin and Marriott on the bench... yeah, got it.

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

No wonder we've never attracted a foreign manager before now and can never seem to find players from abroad.

Have a word you pair.

Ahh yes, making a slight joke on a forum has caused foreign managers and players to turn down lucrative moves to Derby County. I apologise. 

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

At what stage are we allowed to blame the manager for things? For literally every goal ever scored in football you could say, "did the manager tell his players not to mark him so he could score?" 

We've been poo all season. The team has no discipline, collapses away from home almost every week and I know our team is the weakest it's been in a good few years, but we still should be performing a hell of a lot better than Cocu has us playing. 

Hallelujah!!

Someone who speaks sense !!

7 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Do you really think Cocu sets training for the players for the players to go out and play like that. If the players can't be self motivated enough to put a good shift in to command a spot in the replay coming up with a possible fixture against Man Utd they shouldn't be playing football

No and that’s daft - but he clearly isn’t getting his message through !

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

At what stage are we allowed to blame the manager for things? For literally every goal ever scored in football you could say, "did the manager tell his players not to mark him so he could score?" 

We've been poo all season. The team has no discipline, collapses away from home almost every week and I know our team is the weakest it's been in a good few years, but we still should be performing a hell of a lot better than Cocu has us playing. 

Agree totally 

we invite pressure 

we don’t press, we don’t pass it well, we don’t attack in numbers, we don’t commit players into the box 

that sports fans is down to the manager ... simple as 

Archived