v Luton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Our inability to defend corners cost us, yet again. Matt Clarke was all over the place tonight. His positioning was not good and he had a complete and utter lack of pace exposed. Some really basic stuff. Luton's first goal was a good finish to be fair, but the other two are absolutely inexcusable from a Derby perspective. Same old mistakes coming out, it pisses me off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

What? We had 60% possession.

And we didn't "drop back" after we scored; our defenders just suddenly lost all positional sense and seemingly the ability to kick the ball. How were we set up to defend?

Waghorn up front on his own.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Referee is a ducking embarrassment to the sport. Not only is it not a pass back, it's absolutely never a red card. He's a mini Mike Dean, wants to make everything about him, complete and utter ducking Bamford. And people don't want VAR, seriously? That game tonight was precisely why we need it. Appeal that red card all day long. 

For how bad the ref was i agree,however you cant touch or approach a ref like Lowe did,he will learn the hard way,we have much more concerns in our team than the sending off trust me

1 minute ago, JayRam1 said:

Surely he should take responsibility for the way we play don’t you think? Isn’t that what MANAGERS do?

Is the manager accountable for a corner cleared to the edge of the box perfectly for a first time strike? No more so than sticking a man on him and Holmes was in theory.

What is a manager to do when a ‘keeper’s clearance is managing to travel from 18-yard-box to 18-yard-box and split both centre-halves? All he could do was have us 20 yards deeper.

The red card was an absolute farce. What on Earth were any of the players thinking? Clear pass. 

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It's galling to lose to a weak team like Luton but it is part of a tough learning curve for a very young team. 

I thought we played some good football tonight but we still can't head the ball and we aren't tough enough physically or mentally away from home. 

We panicked and lost our discipline. 

If there's one criticism of Cocu it's that the subs came too late. 

“Again”

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Did Cocu pick up a back-pass?

Did Cocu kick a ball into his own net when he could have cleared it?

Come on, ffs.

No of course not but they were not the only deciding moments of the games.

Playing Wankhorn up front on his own and leaving the substitutions so late was his decision though and they were just as influential.

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Did Cocu pick up a back-pass?

Did Cocu kick a ball into his own net when he could have cleared it?

Come on, ffs.

What have you seen this season to make you feel that he and his team are making any sort of positive influence 

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

it was nowhere near our worst performance of the season

We lost to the bottom of the league. A team who haven't won in 9 games. It's embarrassing that this wasn't our worst performance of the season... I think that's a reflection of how bad we've been this season rather than that being a decent performance!!

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Referee is a ducking embarrassment to the sport. Not only is it not a pass back, it's absolutely never a red card. He's a mini Mike Dean, wants to make everything about him, complete and utter ducking Bamford. And people don't want VAR, seriously? That game tonight was precisely why we need it. Appeal that red card all day long. 

VAR is a farce too. Just getting more useless officials involved. The PL and EFL make more than enough money. Time to attract people to become officials who will be half decent instead of I'm sorry to say, weirdos. 

No pattern of play after months

No investment in team

No class, skill or pace anyway in the team

No defensive nouse or resilience

No grit determination or passion

As fans we have to except this despite paying hard earned cash every week!

Enough! stop excepting mediocrity! Mel, Cocu and team all to blame.

Just now, ramboy63 said:

For how bad the ref was i agree,however you cant touch or approach a ref like Lowe did,he will learn the hard way,we have much more concerns in our team than the sending off trust me

He tapped his shoulder, it's not like he laid him out. If the ref wasn't such a complete and utter pussy, and just let the game flow instead of frequently blowing his whistle to be the centre of attention it never would have happened. It wasn't a pass back, and Lowe did nothing wrong either. Championship officiating is ducking tragic.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Waghorn up front on his own.

I definitely don't agree with that. I really wish Martin and/or Marriott could find a way to get themselves in the lineup and then stay fit.

Ref was awfull and it seams the Rooney effect is making officials more daring in their decisions ie against us, Never should have been a free kick for a back pass imo, Lowe was angry, DID he touch the ref i'm not sure, Maybe gave him a couple of barrells of verbals but ref not to blame for a shocking 2nd half performance, When you bring a decent centre forward on it shows we have a force up front, It's a shame we can't defend corners or steady a ship once we've scored.

Worst team in the division beats one of the worst teams to score goals, The bottom team showed what a little bit of passion can do for you, Still think Luton will go down but they did put up a fight.

Derby, Well where do we go from here, Very lethargic 1st half, Get the goal, Luton have a couple of real good chances before they score, Get a 2nd from another corner, We drew level and then throw it away again....same old same old.

Archived