v Luton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The sad thing is I think Hamer had a good game. But, you can't blame him for Lowe's reaction on the ref. 

I agree but you can blame him for picking up a back pass. It was clearly a back pass but why risk it in any case? He wasn't under that much pressure and could have cleared it without picking it up.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a question. In your honest opinion which Derby player would you back to score in a one on one situation. Waghorn?? Lol. Marriott?? Barnsley?. Martin??? Probably but he is never in the position. Rooney?? Probably again but he’s a midfielder now. Our attack is poor. One of the worst in the division no doubt about it 

17 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

We line up not to win

cocu makes no attempt to put a side out to win a game of football.

if we happen to grab a Goal it’s nearly a bonus 

I’m sorry but I’d love to here a pro cocus argument against that .... genuinely.

whatever the bigger picture, down the line at etc is one thing but tactically this guy is just lacking in the championship 

We line up with a defensive mindset to me. A lone striker that has a poor first touch. Regardless of who starts, you can argue Martin, I would, but one up front is so negative.

That said, Martin and Marriott were hardly inspiring and I’d been longing to see it. It’s all about how we move the ball, we are just too ruddy slow at times, with so little movement. I’m actually amazed our home record is so good because we are woefully lacking creativity.

As for defending set pieces, let’s not go there.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Of course you can, 100% the manager holds responsibility for a huge part of this.

But, in this particular game, we lost this game because of seriously stupid errors. Individual stupid errors. Similar game to Forest away or West Brom at home. 

We've lost games because of tactical decisions this season, but this wasn't one.

But it's another case of us scoring to take the lead/equalise and almost immediately dropping back and inviting pressure. It took them 4 minutes after our 1st goal to equalise and 1 minute after our 2nd to get the winner. Cocu can't and shouldn't be blamed for the rooster ups like Bogle's, but we seem to have this habit of just settling for what we have after scoring a goal and that I do blame on Cocu. We've won just twice this season by more than a single goal and they were both 2-0 wins at home to Luton and Boro (before their mini resurgence). 

Just now, Big Trav said:

This is a question. In your honest opinion which Derby player would you back to score in a one on one situation. Waghorn?? Lol. Marriott?? Barnsley?. Martin??? Probably but he is never in the position. Rooney?? Probably again but he’s a midfielder now. Our attack is poor. One of the worst in the division no doubt about it 

Trialist.... to win a peno

Could only listen to the game tonight and it seems clear to me we were crap , now what with all the trouble we seem to be in I’m afraid the only one who carries the blame for me is our owner after all he makes all the appointments .We seem to have gone from a frugal but stable club to a spend as much as we want unstable one.

And I did want Cocu to be a success but I just don’t think he gets the championship and I don’t think the players can adopt to his football style. 

11 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

He as nothing against subs par-say the problem is he as no clue when and how to use them thats concerning 

He made subs and almost immediately we equalised.

McClaren used to throw attackers on, go 4-2-4 and neglect defending and was praised to the hilt for it. Cocu does it, the defence duck up...

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

We line up with a defensive mindset to me. A lone striker that has a poor first touch. Regardless of who starts, you can argue Martin, I would, but one up front is so negative.

That said, Martin and Marriott were hardly inspiring and I’d been longing to see it. It’s all about how we move the ball, we are just too ruddy slow at times, with so little movement. I’m actually amazed our home record is so good because we are woefully lacking creativity.

As for defending set pieces, let’s not go there.

Agree totally 

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

That said, Martin and Marriott were hardly inspiring and I’d been longing to see it. It’s all about how we move the ball, we are just too ruddy slow at times, with so little movement. 

I dunno, how long did they get?

7 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

How many of our last 5 or so managers would the majority of our fans have allowed to stay for such poor performances? That sums it up for me. He's living on borrowed time. 

Last 5 or so managers had the likes of Hughes, Thorne, Bryson, Hendrick, Vydra, Ince, Bent, Wilson, and Mount at various times to create or score for them. Who in this current squad is anywhere near the ability of those?

18 minutes ago, FolkStar85 said:

No pattern of play after months

No investment in team

No class, skill or pace anyway in the team

No defensive nouse or resilience

No grit determination or passion

As fans we have to except this despite paying hard earned cash every week!

Enough! stop excepting mediocrity! Mel, Cocu and team all to blame.

Yes, come on Mel, Splash a load more cash. It's not as if we're been charged with spending too much already or anything. 

Can't argue with your other points though although Lowe showed a little too much passion tonight. 

Archived