EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's a good job we have good moral clubs like Bristol City to guide the rest of us cheats. 

Sensitive, because there is nothing more irritating than preachy away fans on here. 

Not preaching, simply my opinion. The response to my post indicates you are not supported in your view by fellow Rams. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Completely agree with you. Supporters suffer whether from points deduction or the sale of better and often more entertaining players which in turn usually means loss of points. 

Our Chairman will not break the rules (also owns Bristol Rugby) and meticulously adheres to the financial rules with both clubs. Being in financial services it is rather important to his reputation to do so. However it means the football club sells its better players whenever an acceptable bid Is received because it is the ONLY way a Championship club can remain within the rules. He has the wealth to gamble on promotion even more so than Morris. It is no wonder Gibson up at t'boro has been complaining about a number of clubs. 

Yes, if only we had sold our best players over the last few years. What a shame we didn’t think of that. Making Hendrick, Hughes,  Ince and Vydra work in the club shop was a big mistake in hindsight. 

4 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Not preaching, simply my opinion. The response to my post indicates you are not supported in your view by fellow Rams. 

Which of course you had to share on the Derby forum, despite being a Bristol fan and it having little to nothing to do with your club.

8 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Completely agree with you. Supporters suffer whether from points deduction or the sale of better and often more entertaining players which in turn usually means loss of points. 

Our Chairman will not break the rules (also owns Bristol Rugby) and meticulously adheres to the financial rules with both clubs. Being in financial services it is rather important to his reputation to do so. However it means the football club sells its better players whenever an acceptable bid Is received because it is the ONLY way a Championship club can remain within the rules. He has the wealth to gamble on promotion even more so than Morris. It is no wonder Gibson up at t'boro has been complaining about a number of clubs. 

In fairness, we have sold our best players as well. Hendrick, Hughes, Ince and Vydra to name a few. It still wasn’t enough. FFP serves to mean that any team without parachute payments has twice the task of getting promoted which is ridiculous. If we’d been In the prem for even one year in the past decade, none of this would be a problem. Which is just mental. Steve Gibson is very much sitting in a glass house having already blown all his parachute payments on a load of poo.

4 hours ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Cheating, if proven / found guilty is cheating whichever way you look at it. I follow the rugby too and Saracens were heavily fined and big points deduction but probably not enough to relegate them considering the quality of their squad. 

Personally believe cheats should not only not prosper but should be severely punished. Birmingham should be relegated at the end of the season as should any others found guilty. Including Villa if they are relegated at the end of the season straight down to League 1. Bournemouth too if they come down. If that means more than three clubs are relegated from the Championship then so be it. 

Why should a club such as Bristol City sell their best players to stay within the Rules whilst others cheat? 

C'mon, Bristol City don't sell player's because they have to stay within the rules.  When giants of the football world like Derby come calling they know the player will sulk till he get's his move. Far easier to accept it and let them go . 

spacer.png

Can't read any more of this garbage. Derby fans turning on each other yet again and for what. Because some permed banker and the EFL have an axe to grind?

Duck Stevie PermaPerm Gibbo, duck the EFL and their trumped up, after-the-event charges and double-duck Leeds and their scarf twirling bankfest of gloating fans.

Let's remember who we are ffs. If any of us have forgotten, there's always this to remind us...

WE ARE Derby

I don’t like the fact that we went down this route to get around FFP.........however, if Mel has the leagues acceptance of the sale in writing at the time then he has the ace in the hole!

If it’s as we’ve been told then the EFL have made a big mistake charging us which doesn’t surprise me as they are a ducking shambles. Retrospective action against clubs sets a dangerous precedent!

Mel needs to get a top legal team in and fire a warning shot across the EFL’s bows.

If Mel doesn’t have that written conformation then he’s not only in the poo with the EFL, the fans will be pretty ducked off too!

Taking a lower valuation for the ground sale might limit the year 3 losses and solve that years ffp issue. But for the next two years we still have to address the underlying problem and either halve those losses or start selling players.
we also have the added problem that we thought we were tens of millions of ££££ better off, and our spending will have been planned (sic) accordingly. 
this isn’t going to go away very quickly. 
And you thought the last transfer window was tricky?
we probably need to sell a couple of players ASAP. 

Lets compare and contrast the two EFL Statements below, it's very interesting... (bolding is mine)

16 January 2020

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/january/efl-statement-Derby-county-charged-with-excess-losses/

Following a review of Derby County’s Profitability and Sustainability (P&S) submissions, the EFL has charged the Club for recording losses in excess of the permitted amounts provided for in EFL Regulations for the three-year period ending 30 June 2018.

The Club will now be referred to an independent Disciplinary Commission, which will hear representations from both the EFL and Derby County.

As these matters are now subject to proceedings, the EFL will be making no further comment at this time.

22 March 2019

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/march/efl-statement-birmingham-city/

An independent Disciplinary Commission, appointed under EFL Regulations, has today ruled that Birmingham City will be deducted nine points as a result of a breach of the League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules (Rules).

It follows a review of the financial submission from Birmingham City for the three-year period 2015/16 to 2017/18 where it was determined the Club had recorded losses in excess of the £39.0m upper loss threshold.

On 14 August 2018 the Club was charged with a breach of those Rules. At a hearing on 18 March 2019, the Club pleaded guilty to the charge, and after hearing representations from both parties, the panel has fully considered the matter and ruled a nine-point deduction is appropriate, which will take effect in the current season.

An EFL spokesman said: “The Profitability and Sustainability Rules, aligned with those in the Premier League, became effective in 2015/16. Season 2017/18 was the end of the first full reporting period with Birmingham City the only Club found to have breached those requirements, when it incurred adjusted losses of £48.787 million, £9.787 million in excess of the permitted losses.

“The Disciplinary Commission had the opportunity to consider all relevant factors in reaching its determination, including the Club’s mitigation.”

The parties have 14 days in which to appeal the decision, and in the circumstances no further comment will be made.

The Championship league table will be amended with immediate effect but it must be recognised that this remains subject to the outcome of any appeal.

A copy of the decision of the Disciplinary Commission can be read here.

How can BOTH of those statements be correct? They cover the same reporting period, Birmingham were the only club found to have breached, and yet almost TEN MONTHS later...

7 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I meant to if you were to build it today the approx costs. It is still open to interpretation.

I suppose it would be like buying a house. If you liked it you might pay a bit more for it especially if you thought you could make a few bob on it.

We built a three tier stadium, 65000 seats around a existing Rugby League ground most probably 15 years ago. Cost 350 million. I put that around 180 mill pnds.

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Can't read any more of this garbage. Derby fans turning on each other yet again and for what. Because some permed banker and the EFL have an axe to grind?

Duck Stevie PermaPerm Gibbo, duck the EFL and their trumped up, after-the-event charges and double-duck Leeds and their scarf twirling bankfest of gloating fans.

Let's remember who we are ffs. If any of us have forgotten, there's always this to remind us...

WE ARE Derby

Thanks for the best antidote to a truly dire evening.

(Even so, seeing Keogh's contribution just confirms how badly things have turned out this season to date)

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

What because I’ve had a different opinion to you? Great this forum isn’t it, soon as someone doesn’t agree with you then you’re automatically deemed to not be worth the time. 

Haven’t put you on my non existent ignore list 

Archived