EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

3 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Yes I have and have been disgusted a lot of the time, but  I think with Rooney in ,Bird and Knight having an impact last few weeks  and Shinnie back should be able to get quite abit more points in the second half of the season than In the first half, not play off form but top 10 form is my prediction for the second half of the season.

And I hope your right .. sincerely 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Big Trav said:

So let me get this right. We’ve been charged for excessive losses to ffp. Apart from the EFL signed off our stadium sale and had no problem with this therefore we haven’t made excessive losses it’s just the EFL seemingly making up the rules as we go on. It’s appalling to be honest. I’m not worried In the slightest. We’ll take it to the high courts and we’ll show them that we didn’t make excessive losses through ffp as the stadium sale covered our bacon. Nothing to be worried about 

Yes I hope so. The people running the EFL are incompetent and out of their depth commercially. Unfortunately, that doesn't necessarily mean they won't win. 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

When Mel gets involved, people claim he's interfering, when he doesn't he's leaving incompetent people in charge for ages. It's a lose lose scenario for him. I'm sure Mel didn't hire the recruitment team by interview by searching for people who were rubbish. It's not him to blame. He's just the easy target.

A said for a few years the managerial choices weren't right. Rowett was picked up 3 years ago, probably wasn't the right choice no. Lampard was fine, Cocu is fine to replace Lampard. Cocu's style of play isn't at all similar to Clough, that's a poor analogy. Who's keeping an eye on the finances? Well whoever made the call to sell the stadium, clearly. We weren't in breach at the time and the EFL said it was fine. 

You do though, don't you. You very rarely make positive posts, even when we do play well. Mel is getting stick for spending loads of money developing our club, and he's taken us backwards? Our academy is the best it's ever been, and so is the same with our facilities. You think he's failed, but every single owner in the league is trying to get their club promoted. We've come closer than most clubs for years, played some phenomenal football in the second half of the decade since he arrived. 

I think you're loving all this, and you're capitalising it as a stick to beat Mel with. 

I’m not saying Mel should get involved in recruitment. I’m saying he should replace the recruitment team that has proven itself not good enough. On the evidence we have, I doubt anyone would criticise that move as needless intervention. I’d certainly see it as a positive move towards improving us off the pitch.

You don’t think Cocu has negative tendencies like Clough? His style might not be the same, but his mentality seems to be similar, and totally at odds with Lampards attacking pressing philosophy. 

I do make positive posts when we’re playing well. Check my comments around the last two home games, I was praising pretty much all the players, particulary the youngsters, and even Cocu. And I still hold much more belief in Cocu than I did previously. We’ve just had a lot of stuff to be negative about, so people think that I’m trying to be negative. I’m really not, but I’d be lying to myself if I didn’t give my true opinion on things, and at the moment that is overwhelmingly negative. I’m sorry if that annoys people, but I’m on here to give my opinion and I will do so.

As I’ve said before, look at where we were when Mel joined and look at where we are now. Not just in terms of league position, but in terms of the squad we have after all that money has been spent. How can that be deemed a success? I’ve had my reservations about Mel for a while, for reasons I won’t discuss openly on here, but this isn’t me trying to spin this into a criticism of him. It’s his responsibility as owner to make sure we meet all regulations.

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

Always read your posts with interest before this topic , can’t take you seriously anymore so debate over enjoy a free run on guff , weren’t you complaining we had not replaced mount, Wilson and tomori adequately?  Yea it’s not about how much you spend?

on recruitment though we need no longer search for a keeper , we can just have you at games to move the goalposts instead 

What because I’ve had a different opinion to you? Great this forum isn’t it, soon as someone doesn’t agree with you then you’re automatically deemed to not be worth the time. 

5 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

EFL will have hell on high water if this is a genuine stance. Property valuations are whatever the owner says they are. Its not a black market trade. 

I dont know the EFL contracts with clubs but highly doubt they have juristiction on property valuation. Pretty damn sure they dont. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m not saying Mel should get involved in recruitment. I’m saying he should replace the recruitment team that has proven itself not good enough. On the evidence we have, I doubt anyone would criticise that move as needless intervention. I’d certainly see it as a positive move towards improving us off the pitch.

You don’t think Cocu has negative tendencies like Clough? His style might not be the same, but his mentality seems to be similar, and totally at odds with Lampards attacking pressing philosophy. 

I do make positive posts when we’re playing well. Check my comments around the last two home games, I was praising pretty much all the players, particulary the youngsters, and even Cocu. And I still hold much more belief in Cocu than I did previously. We’ve just had a lot of stuff to be negative about, so people think that I’m trying to be negative. I’m really not, but I’d be lying to myself if I didn’t give my true opinion on things, and at the moment that is overwhelmingly negative. I’m sorry if that annoys people, but I’m on here to give my opinion and I will do so.

As I’ve said before, look at where we were when Mel joined and look at where we are now. Not just in terms of league position, but in terms of the squad we have after all that money has been spent. How can that be deemed a success? I’ve had my reservations about Mel for a while, for reasons I won’t discuss openly on here, but this isn’t me trying to spin this into a criticism of him. It’s his responsibility as owner to make sure we meet all regulations.

He sacks all the recruitment team, brings in another one top to bottom. We have another window of bad signings, what then, we just sack them all too and keep doing it? 

I just find it an odd comparison. Why do they do similar? Cocu likes to control the game, Clough would try park the bus whenever we went 1-0 up. They're not similar managers. With Lampard, it was more the emphasis on technical football that was supposed to be comparable with Cocu. 

Look I'm all for dishing out stick when it's deserved. When we play crap, I'll post it, if a player plays crap, I'll comment on it. But this isn't one of those situations. We don't know the intricate details of who decides what, who's done what etc. I mainly picked up on your post in general frustration at the immediate need of a fair few on here to come after the club, despite us not knowing the details. I stand by that. Rushing in to condemn something when we know so little is silly.

Before Mel joined, was when we were going nowhere under Clough with poo attendances. Currently, we have much higher attendances and have seen better football in that time under Mel than we ever did under the Americans. We also have a much better academy. We're on TV much more often. Mel's ownership has actually given us times to believe. Before that, we never really had any. I will not blame Mel for putting money in to buy players. I will also say, we've not been proven to have been in breach of any regulations. If you're going to take the EFL word over our own, I'd be surprised. The EFL isn't notoriously good at these things.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

MM and Pearce said at a forum nearly a year ago that we were right on the limits of FFP and that was repeated on this forum. 

Are you suggesting you had no idea that we may be close to FFP limits?

If you are referring to the forum in Alvaston....he did say that, but neither of them made any reference to the fact that the stadium had been sold Despite lots of questioning about how to cope with ffp. The story of the stadium sale broke only a day or days later. 

Hard to avoid concluding that they were economical with the truth. So the question is why.

i can only assume because it was a matter that had not be signed off by the powers that be. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

He sacks all the recruitment team, brings in another one top to bottom. We have another window of bad signings, what then, we just sack them all too and keep doing it? 

I just find it an odd comparison. Why do they do similar? Cocu likes to control the game, Clough would try park the bus whenever we went 1-0 up. They're not similar managers. With Lampard, it was more the emphasis on technical football that was supposed to be comparable with Cocu. 

Look I'm all for dishing out stick when it's deserved. When we play crap, I'll post it, if a player plays crap, I'll comment on it. But this isn't one of those situations. We don't know the intricate details of who decides what, who's done what etc. I mainly picked up on your post in general frustration at the immediate need of a fair few on here to come after the club, despite us not knowing the details. I stand by that. Rushing in to condemn something when we know so little is silly.

Before Mel joined, was when we were going nowhere under Clough with poo attendances. Currently, we have much higher attendances and have seen better football in that time under Mel than we ever did under the Americans. We also have a much better academy. We're on TV much more often. Mel's ownership has actually given us times to believe. Before that, we never really had any. I will not blame Mel for putting money in to buy players. I will also say, we've not been proven to have been in breach of any regulations. If you're going to take the EFL word over our own, I'd be surprised. The EFL isn't notoriously good at these things.

If we get another crap recruitment team, then somethings wrong with our recruitment of recruitment teams. And so the chain continues I guess.

Theyre not similar in style as I say. They’re both overall negative managers, that’s my point. Whereas Mcclaren and Lampard were more positive. That’s a big shift for the players, that’s the point. Going from playing a pressing game to a ball retention game. Now I don’t mind the latter, but it’s not exactly continuity like we were expecting.

On the face of it we don’t know a lot. But we do know the EFL has charged us. Which is enough to be a little concerned for me. But even if the EFL is talking baalocks, which they may well be don’t get me wrong, then it’s still concerning to me how we’ve ended up even near this sort of situation. Especially considering I wouldn’t even say our transfer outlay has been that ludicrous considering the sales we’ve made as well. So the moneys obviously going elsewhere (wages? Bonuses?), where someone should have had greater control over it imo.

Oh I’m not saying that The Americans did an amazing job don’t get me wrong. I’ve seen Tony Pulis have more ambition. Mel has worn his heart on his sleeve and I commend him for that. But it’s my view that he isn’t very good at running a football club. Certainly not certain aspects of it anyway. He seems to be able to run a good academy. But it’s matters at first team level that worry me more.

Archived