EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Followed all your pre season and onwards posts regards lack of transfers and am glad your not either as we would be far deeper in it than your moaning about us being already ,,, clue , sometimes it’s just right to put your hands up and say fair cop 

If I’d have been privy to our financial details, I’d have made very different posts, I assure you. As for your clues, I don’t need them. My view is a valid one.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's not been great, and as others have mentioned, we're not a club with a huge amount of goodwill from other fans lately.

We'll survive, and frankly our situation is nothing compared to what Charlton fans had to go through.

Getting better, but we’re still going through it lol 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To highlight the importance of knowing if the stadium sale was acceptable...

The set of accounts in question were filed in April 2019, for the year ending 30 June 2018. 
We sold Hughes before this date, but Ince and Christie afterwards. If we knew the stadium sale wouldn’t have been acceptable, maybe we would have sold those two a week earlier to be closer to the limit. Maybe we would have held out for slightly more for Hughes as well?

edit: I seem to recall the sale of Ince actually being included in the 17/18 accounts, despite actually being sold a few days late

Where have you got that information from?

I'm pretty sure the Ince sale was in same year as Hughes.

Edit: Must start reading whole post before diving in feet first ?

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Nope, Dowells played enough games at this level to tell he isn’t good enough. The recruitment team should have been able to tell he wants suited before we signed him in the first place. It was a terrible transfer indicative of our poor recruitment.

Great ,,,,, and players that have played enough cost a fortune in Fee and wages ,,, sorry mate  but turning this into a pretend  on players does NOT cover the fact that you have spent the best part of this season and before screaming that we have not bought enough then jump on and scream about overspending now this rears it’s head ,,,,,,,,,,,, your not credible

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

5 mill fine, 10 point deduction and transfer ban for 2 windows should do it.

Birmingham’s punishment was equivalent to 1 point for every £1m overspent. That means our maximum punishment is 8 points, no fine and no transfer ban. Given the £8m figure doesn’t exclude any academy or infrastructure spend, it’s likely to be less than 8. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The post wasnt aimed directly at you but I'm sure if I looked hard enough I would find a post where you said you could do a better job. Thanks for the warning, I will keep a check on my attitude from now on.

I believe you.

You know what, I’ve had enough of your constant snide remarks towards me. You’ve clearly got some sort of problem with me, and I’m not gonna sit here while you make sarcastic responses to my posts. It’s making this forum not a particulary nice place to be. It’s a shame because ei enjoy have debates with people who have different views to me who are willing to have a proper discussion. But I’m not gonna sit here and be laughed at. So congratulations, you’re the first bloke on my ignore list ever!

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Where have I ever said I could do a better job?? My point isn’t that I’m some sort of recruitment genius, so I don’t get why who I would sign is remotely relevant. My point is that our recruitment is poor compared to other teams at this level, therefore, we should be doing a lot better. You may disagree, but it doesn’t make my opinion invalid. You’re not better than the rest of us on here you know, so I’d watch your attitude.

Compared to HOW MANY other clubs at this level , because as far as I can see there maybe a couple that get it consistently right , the rest flounder or get in money bother 

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

If you don’t think that players being involved in a drink drive incident, posting themselves on social media being sick in the toilets and the club captain crippling himself after his team mate wrapped his car round a lampost on a weeknight before an important game following a poor run of form is indicative of a poor club culture and poor set up you’re in complete denial. 

Go and look back in the news articles relating to Derby county over the last 18 months and tell me how many of those are positive stories. . . our name is mud and nationally we are a laughing stock, we are one of the most hated teams in the league. 

if you think this is well run I’d hate to think what you feel is the opposite! 

Ah yes, news articles are always the best way to tell how a club is run and never sensationalised at all. 

The drink drive incident speaks only for the players involved. End of. 

Just now, Archied said:

Compared to HOW MANY other clubs at this level , because as far as I can see there maybe a couple that get it consistently right , the rest flounder or get in money bother 

Do you genuinely, genuinely believe our recruitment team have done a good job? Because if you do, then I worry for you.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

People blame Mel for the signings because he’s left the same incompetent recruitment team in charge for so long, despite failure after failure in the window. People blame him for the signings because we seem to have a poorly organised scouting system, evidenced by the fact we don’t even scout abroad. That’s just mental for a team at our level. And Mel has the power to change that. No one is questioning that he’s backed his managers. As I say, no one can say his heart is in the right place. The problem is that it’s all been for nothing, because we’re so poorly run we’ve ended up in this mess despite all the money. 

The managers have been a few years ago? You think Rowett was well suited to succeed Mcclaren? You think Cocu is well suited to replace Lampard, on a 4 year deal?! I don’t think he’s learned at all. Lampard to Cocu is like Mcclaren back to Clough in football philosophies. There’s no consistency, and it’s killing us. That’s down to Mel. We haven’t been found guilty of breaching FFP, but how the hell are we in the mess of needing to sell our stadium in the first place? Who’s keeping an eye on the finances? 

I don’t thrive off negativity, I’d rather be talking about positive things. Just sadly there’s very little this season that’s been poistive, other than the youngsters who I’ve praised extensively in other threads. I mean look at where Mels money has got us. 17th in the table or wherever we are, with our most valuable players including Tom Lawrence and the always injured Jack Marriott. I’m sorry, but Mel has taken us backwards, it’s as simple as that. He, and the board, have not run this club very well, or with the money we’ve put in we’d be promoted by now.

When Mel gets involved, people claim he's interfering, when he doesn't he's leaving incompetent people in charge for ages. It's a lose lose scenario for him. I'm sure Mel didn't hire the recruitment team by interview by searching for people who were rubbish. It's not him to blame. He's just the easy target.

I said for a few years the managerial choices weren't right. Rowett was picked up 3 years ago, probably wasn't the right choice no. Lampard was fine, Cocu is fine to replace Lampard. Cocu's style of play isn't at all similar to Clough, that's a poor analogy. Who's keeping an eye on the finances? Well whoever made the call to sell the stadium, clearly. We weren't in breach at the time and the EFL said it was fine. 

You do though, don't you. You very rarely make positive posts, even when we do play well. Mel is getting stick for spending loads of money developing our club, and he's taken us backwards? Our academy is the best it's ever been, and so is the same with our facilities. You think he's failed, but every single owner in the league is trying to get their club promoted. We've come closer than most clubs for years, played some phenomenal football in the second half of the decade since he arrived. 

I think you're loving all this, and you're capitalising it as a stick to beat Mel with. 

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

Great ,,,,, and players that have played enough cost a fortune in Fee and wages ,,, sorry mate  but turning this into a pretend  on players does NOT cover the fact that you have spent the best part of this season and before screaming that we have not bought enough then jump on and scream about overspending now this rears it’s head ,,,,,,,,,,,, your not credible

What you on about now?! I never said that we need players experienced at this level! There’s a massive difference between not do enough transfer business and overspending. Transfer business, as I’ve said many times, does not need to mean huge amounts of spending. And overspending encompasses more than just transfers. I don’t think it’s actually our transfer outlay that’s got us in this position. It’s other expenditures such as wages, agents fees etc etc. That’s more my point about the FFP situation, because I think that’s more the main cause of it and we should have had more control of our spending in that respect given those in the club will have had full access to the accounts, and would have been able to see where we were w.r.t FFP. The point about recruitment was a different criticism levied against MMs reign over the club.

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Do you genuinely, genuinely believe our recruitment team have done a good job? Because if you do, then I worry for you.

Always read your posts with interest before this topic , can’t take you seriously anymore so debate over enjoy a free run on guff , weren’t you complaining we had not replaced mount, Wilson and tomori adequately?  Yea it’s not about how much you spend?

on recruitment though we need no longer search for a keeper , we can just have you at games to move the goalposts instead 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Google ?

Hughes - 24 June
Ince - 4 July
Christie - 7 July

Dont ask me where I got my info from but I seem to remember piecing together some information from the accounts and calculating that we got a combined total of £24m for Hendrick, Hughes and Ince.

For me to have come up with that figure I am guessing they all must have been sold within the same accounting year.

Will try and look it up tomorrow and see how I worked it out!

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You know what, I’ve had enough of your constant snide remarks towards me. You’ve clearly got some sort of problem with me, and I’m not gonna sit here while you make sarcastic responses to my posts. It’s making this forum not a particulary nice place to be. It’s a shame because ei enjoy have debates with people who have different views to me who are willing to have a proper discussion. But I’m not gonna sit here and be laughed at. So congratulations, you’re the first bloke on my ignore list ever!

?

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

We've just gone 5 unbeaten, 4 in the league and picked up 8 points from a possible 12. I think we've done OK. 

Meh ... we’ve improved, results wise not much in performances

first half against boro was shocking and we should have been dead and buried if not for truly woeful finishing 

Not much room Error though no matter how we look at it 

Archived