EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've slept on it and woke up feeling less concerned.

Mel invited Steve Gibson to come and view our accounts, he declined. Mel was willing to bare all to a fellow chairman, who would do that if their house wasnt in order.

Make no mistake, the EFL are trying to drag our name through the mud, purely because Mel has made them and their rules look like fools. Unfortunately we all cop for it. 

Hopefully we get away with it, but it's the waiting, the finger pointing from fans etc that we have to endure in the meantime.

I still reckon this is a political move - Rumours are Gibson still has an open case against the EFL about their decision to approve our ground sale - If they charge us with a breach and it goes to an independent panel then the EFL have a strong defence in their case against Gibson

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, steve bloomer said:

Derby are facing a potential 21-point deduction & collapse of proposed takeover after being charged by EFL for making excess losses under FFP regulations. Not good news to wake up to if you're a Derby fan!

Says who ?

thats a bit sensationalist

12 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Win all of our remaining games, take the 12 point deduction and still make the play offs ahead of Leeds and Forest. 

These are the times when the real supporters show their colours. 

Derby found not guilty and go on a run which takes us to the verge of top 6. We play and beat Leeds on the penultimate game of the season moving into the top 6 with Leeds dropping to 3rd. The season finishes with us 5th and Leeds 3rd. We beat Forest over two legs to reach the final where we play and beat Leeds once more.

I'll be happy with that.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You suggested Ryan Ledson as the type of signing we should be after. He spent a couple seasons at Oxford before Preston bought him. Evans spent a couple years at Reading before we bought him.

Maybe slightly harsh on Evans in fairness, he was only 24 when we bought him. He’s more like the sort of signing I’m on about given we only paid circa 100k if I recall for him upfront, I don’t rate him mind but still. One signing doesn’t set a trend though, and you certainly can’t bring players like Butterfield into the discussion given how much we paid for them and how long ago they left the top clubs. I get the feeling Evans was very much a signing made by Lampard given he’d worked with him previously, rather than someone scouted out.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Derby found not guilty and go on a run which takes us to the verge of top 6. We play and beat Leeds on the penultimate game of the season moving into the top 6 with Leeds dropping to 3rd. The season finishes with us 5th and Leeds 5th. We beat Forest over two legs to reach the final where we play and beat Leeds once more.

I'll be happy with that.

I'm with ya. Only thing is, we can't both finish 5th. 

4 minutes ago, desirelines said:

So, if we get a massive points deduction, the investment falls through, and Derby go down into League 1. What does Mel do next? Walk? Stay on and get us out of the mess he’s got us into? 

Lots of ifs buts and maybes theres isn’t there 

knickers in a twist and all that lol 

16 minutes ago, steve bloomer said:

Derby are facing a potential 21-point deduction & collapse of proposed takeover after being charged by EFL for making excess losses under FFP regulations. Not good news to wake up to if you're a Derby fan!

TWENTY ONE POINTS?!?!?!?!?  

Stop reading the daily mail, and come back to reality.  There's no way we'd get that big a penalty.  Various reports estimate between £4-8m loss, Birmingham lost £10m and got 9 points.

steve bloomer
8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Says who ?

thats a bit sensationalist

On BBC Sport, mentions about this and that Derby County are facing a possible points deduction after The EFL has charged the Championship club with a breach of spending rules.

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

We are never going to get a 21 point deduction, that story is absolutely rubbish 

Actually, I think the worst case would be 23 points. 11 for FFP and 12 for administration.

Fortunately, from what I've heard the latter is unlikely. Mel has reached a point where he doesn't want to put in much more cash but will keep us ticking along until he can find investment or sell the club. We might have to get used to no longer being a big hitter in this league though. The big uncertainty is if we get relegated, so we need every point.

11 hours ago, Sexydadbod said:

It doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things but it upset me looking at the sky sports comments how non Derby fans are glad this has happened to us, I’m not just talking about Leeds or forest fans either, even those who have completely no affiliation or rivalry with us are celebrating this and glad it’s happened to us.

I know a lot of you probably don’t care about this but it’s a bit upsetting to see the reaction to our club the last few years and how people are starting to really dislike us.
In 2014 after the play off final, many non Derby fans said to me they were gutted for Derby because they wanted us to win as we played football in the right way without spending much money. I gathered it was a similar reaction on the internet back then. We were like everyone’s second favourite team like Sheffield United now are because they’ve been a breath of fresh air in the premier league without spending much.

It doesn’t really matter but it’s a much better feeling when we are respected and liked by everyone else , makes me proud to say I’m a Derby fan. All the events over the last few years has made me feel a bit ashamed.

Completely disagree with this. I like how Millwall embrace the fact that nobody likes them. Football is tribal.

5 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

TWENTY ONE POINTS?!?!?!?!?  

Stop reading the daily mail, and come back to reality.  There's no way we'd get that big a penalty.  Various reports estimate between £4-8m, Birmingham lost £10 and got 9 points.

If they got deducted 9 points for only £10, then we have no chance of staying up with being a million times worse off!

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

If you're following that logic, then *every* player is an ex-academy player. They don't just appear out of nowhere as fully-formed football players.

You mean they're not birthed out of the ground like the Uruk-hai?

Archived