EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

I might be thick and this might be a stupid question but if the EFL signed off the accounts saying everything was ok and we get done then  couldnt we sue the EFL?

Yes but it’s probably legal terminology and by the time the appeal goes through we could have been docked points and by then it’s too late. 

We need to get behind the club though. 

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’m Derby and can tell you I have no interest whatsoever in being anybody’s second team 

It’s much better to be liked, respected and have a good reputation though. Makes it easier to attract players, I think it was said that Rooney wouldn’t have come but for Lampard helping Derby’s reputation in a good way. All these off the field issues over the last few years have been laughable to be honest, Lampard helped to restore some of the good will but it’s still not like it used to be , the drink drive saga was the worst of it. I do feel for Cocu though, in his last few jobs- in Turkey and here , it’s developed chaos. 

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We spent 7m on Bielik last summer. You don’t think we could have better invested that money to replace the players we lost? We didn’t seem to have a particularly tight budget to be able to afford that.

Nope ,, you’ve not done a good enough swerve there mate ,, clue ,when a hole stop digging?

3 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

I might be thick and this might be a stupid question but if the EFL signed off the accounts saying everything was ok and we get done then  couldnt we sue the EFL?

If the independent commission rules in our favour I think we get a 12 points addition. Those points taken from Leeds, naturally.

15 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

It’s to be expected by Leeds and Forest fans so that doesn’t really bother me, it’s the reaction from fans of other clubs that makes me frustrated, we used to be everyone’s ‘2nd team’ in the championship when we were playing great football under McClaren, now people can’t stand us or are laughing at us, whether that be for ffp reasons and us trying to ‘buy’ promotion, snowgate, drink driving gate, spying with drones, sacking managers for fun, the selling of the stadium, Sam Rush saga, the Derby way comments and many other reasons which I can’t be arsed to type out. I know some couldn’t care about that and rather have this I’d rather everyone hates us mentality, but I preferred it more when we were people’s second team 

Yep don’t know how I’m gonna cope now those Chelsea boys don’t want to tickle my tum

Valuations of assets/land/properties change over time so how can their valuation 18 months after ours be comparable anyway?

If this was a house sale you wouldnt be able to go back 18months later & ask for some money back because the house is worth less

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I don’t know, I’m not a professional scout. All I’m saying is there’s evidence from other clubs business that they’re out there. I’ve said before my strategy would be to look at the big club academy cast offs. Players who haven’t quite made it at the top but could still make it at this level, and at their age wouldn’t demand huge wages. Preston have done well with players like Ben Pearson and Ryan Ledson that we’re of this ilk. It’s a much better strategy than whatever our current approach is imo. FWIW Bielik looked like a positive step in that direction, but his fee was quite large tbf.

Thing is anyone can say that there are good cheap players out there and then next year saying we should have gone for such and such.

There are 44 teams in the top 2 leagues and you've not given many examples of teams that have done well with the approach that you are suggesting.

Our current approach appears to be a few wise old heads, promoting youth and maybe a few loans, dont see much wrong with that as a strategy.

I hope we get a lucid and strongly worded statement from the club tomorrow. If we are conifident about our position, we should make it clear.

Of course, the EFL may have a case, we have to wait and see, but their past performance of running this league is not inspiring and suggests they are not to be relied on. They could end up with a lot of egg on their face, especially if this action is found to be under pressure from a few other Championship clubs with their own agendas or because they are now trying to pull back on previous decisions.   .  

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Valuations of assets/land/properties change over time so how can their valuation 18 months after ours be comparable anyway?

If this was a house sale you wouldnt be able to go back 18months later & ask for some money back because the house is worth less

Dont say that, I was hoping that given the new EFL rulings we could go back to Norwich, Huddersfield, Reading and Watford to revisit the fees paid for Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman and Anya.

Based on the EFL findings we may actually even make an FFP profit!

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I don’t know, I’m not a professional scout. All I’m saying is there’s evidence from other clubs business that they’re out there. I’ve said before my strategy would be to look at the big club academy cast offs. Players who haven’t quite made it at the top but could still make it at this level, and at their age wouldn’t demand huge wages. Preston have done well with players like Ben Pearson and Ryan Ledson that we’re of this ilk. It’s a much better strategy than whatever our current approach is imo. FWIW Bielik looked like a positive step in that direction, but his fee was quite large tbf.

Perhaps along the lines of the lad we’ve just sent back to Everton 

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nope ,, you’ve not done a good enough swerve there mate ,, clue ,when a hole stop digging?

It's quite funny when you ask the people who say our recruitment is rubbish, and they could do a better job, who they would sign!

The answer is often 'someone cheap, on low wages, who turns out to be good'.

Archived