EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've slept on it and woke up feeling less concerned.

Mel invited Steve Gibson to come and view our accounts, he declined. Mel was willing to bare all to a fellow chairman, who would do that if their house wasnt in order.

Make no mistake, the EFL are trying to drag our name through the mud, purely because Mel has made them and their rules look like fools. Unfortunately we all cop for it. 

Hopefully we get away with it, but it's the waiting, the finger pointing from fans etc that we have to endure in the meantime.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£55-60m would be more than enough... £50m is the maximum required figure based on what I know.

Ok so in terms of the charge it’s purely the value, which at 50m in theory means we’re still compliant if mel accepted that value 

it’s more this next 3 years where it would leave us in the mire... accounts wise 

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

@G STAR RAM

2016 = -£14,725,353
2017 = -£7,872,715
2018 = +£14,571,628
Profit on fixed assets (stadium) = £39,940,387

Total loss without sale = -£47,966,827
Overspend = £8,966,827

So that means no expenditure added back for FFP purposes and ground sold for no profit.

The EFL are going to end up with egg on their face here.

13 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

The EFL will take months to implement the punishment and so it’s next season we ought to be concerned about. Starting with a potential 12 point deduction and transfer ban would see us confined to the lower reaches for a considerable time.

Where's your 12 point deduction and transfer ban come from?

Birmingham reported losses of £48.8m during the same reporting period (£9.8m above the limit). As a result they were docked 9 points, with no fine, and no transfer ban. That means:
- 1 point deducted for every full £1m over the limit
- 1 point deducted for every part million over the limit (but reduced by 1 point for accepting the charge)

If there was ever a season for something like this to happen, I don't mind it being this one. It's the worst we've had in about a decade and we're not gonna make the playoffs anyways so -9 points won't make much of a difference. Don't see us going down as I believe we will have a better second half of the season. Its all gone tits up so lets just have all the crap this season and then build for a better season next time around where we'll be capable of fighting for promotion again.

11 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If you're following that logic, then *every* player is an ex-academy player. They don't just appear out of nowhere as fully-formed football players.

Did you even read the post i quoted? Millenium said we should target cast offs from the big clubs academys, which we already do.  We werent discussing every player or every club.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Where's your 12 point deduction and transfer ban come from?

Birmingham reported losses of £48.8m during the same reporting period (£9.8m above the limit). As a result they were docked 9 points, with no fine, and no transfer ban. That means:
- 1 point deducted for every full £1m over the limit
- 1 point deducted for every part million over the limit (but reduced by 1 point for accepting the charge)

They seem to be claiming that our losses are £15m+, and the penalties cap out at 12 point deductions.  There's up to an additional 9 points that can be added for deliberate deception etc. 

I'm sure the EFL will be desperate to tack those bonus points on, given how devious we've been.  I mean, informing the EFL of what we're doing and getting them to sign off on it twice (both the sale, and the accounts) and so on - how dodgy can you get?

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Aren't the academy accounts filed separately from the club's? Therefore, the figures given in the club's accounts will give us a pretty accurate FFP figure.

FYI, our acadamy costs seem to be £6m per year.

Just checked, first accounts Derby County Academy filed were June 2017, so costs for 15/16 would be in club accounts at a guess.

35 minutes ago, GenBr said:

George Evans is from Man Citys academy  Bielik is from Arsenals. Butterfield started at Man Utds academy and we had 3 of the best youth players in the country last year. Ex academy players are on of our main recruitment pools as it is.

But only Bielik is a young player who’s just been let go by a top team. The others were either not our players, or are older and left the top clubs a while back. That’s not the sort of player I’m on about. 

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Did you even read the post i quoted? Millenium said we should target cast offs from the big clubs academys, which we already do.  We werent discussing every player or every club.

Did you? The point was to sign players that have been released from big clubs, or can be picked up for nominal fees etc. Not players that have been picked up by other clubs first and we then have to pay a transfer fee for, or players that we have to potentially break our transfer record to sign.  

8 minutes ago, DerpyDane said:

If there was ever a season for something like this to happen, I don't mind it being this one. It's the worst we've had in about a decade and we're not gonna make the playoffs anyways so -9 points won't make much of a difference. Don't see us going down as I believe we will have a better second half of the season. Its all gone tits up so lets just have all the crap this season and then build for a better season next time around where we'll be capable of fighting for promotion again.

Peoples over confidence in this teams ability scares me 

we’ve had a slight improvement in results but performances have still been shocking, boro first half we were absolutely abysmal and looked every bit a side that could get sucked into a relegation scrap ... never mind having 9 points hacked off us 

with our away form as it is that’s helluva lot of pressure on our home form 

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Hopefully we get away with it, but it's the waiting, the finger pointing from fans etc that we have to endure in the meantime.

I also suspect we’ll get away with a warning for.... something not being right. 

Genuinely don’t care about the other fans moaning - they’d all love to be in a position where they had the potential to do what we’re doing. 

I hasten to add all this money been/being spent and no success is a bit poo but hey, it’s entertaining if nothing else!

8 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

This guy has been expecting it since 2016 and he's not been disappointed

Im assuming he is a Derby fan? If so surely he is disappointed regardless, although it isnt unusual for Derby fans on here to be happy for something negative to occur, like a bad player performance, manager getting sacked or us losing because they can happily say 'i told you so'.

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because it's the incompetent EFL and they have been bullied into it.

I hope Mel counter sues the EFL and gets them to investigate Boros sale of its tax losses to a connected company.

That's what it looks like. 

Looks to me like the efl didn't actually have a view on it originally and it's other clubs who are driving their agenda. 

steve bloomer

Derby are facing a potential 21-point deduction & collapse of proposed takeover after being charged by EFL for making excess losses under FFP regulations. Not good news to wake up to if you're a Derby fan!

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

But only Bielik is a young player who’s just been let go by a top team. The others were either not our players, or are older and left the top clubs a while back. That’s not the sort of player I’m on about. 

You suggested Ryan Ledson as the type of signing we should be after. He spent a couple seasons at Oxford before Preston bought him. Evans spent a couple years at Reading before we bought him.

Archived