EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

Got most of the rest of the article:

Derby are expecting to appear for their hearing at a similar time, after they were charged in January with exceeding "excess losses", which is understood to relate to the £80 million sale of Pride Park to a company owned by Mel Morris, the club's chairman.

Morris has always maintained that the sale of fixed assets was previously allowed in the rules and Derby will "strongly contest" the charge.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

If the season restarts as planned on June 6th, then the campaign will be nearly over by July. If we end up with a points deduction, I can’t see how it can be imposed this season. Whether it’s good news or not that it’ll be next season instead, I’m not sure to be honest. Let’s hope that it’s neither and we escape with just a fine, or even better, the independent panel finds us not guilty as they did for Birmingham.

Who says any football is being played on 6th June ? - why would we have any point deduction or fine as we have consistently said we have followed all the rules with the EFL accepting it ( previous chairman anyway) anyway this season may well be written out of history 

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Who says any football is being played on 6th June ? - why would we have any point deduction or fine as we have consistently said we have followed all the rules with the EFL accepting it ( previous chairman anyway) anyway this season may well be written out of history 

A number of reports in recent weeks have suggested that as a potential start date - even as far as having preliminary government approval. Obviously it’s very difficult to set a date with any degree of certainty at the moment, but there’s got to be some plan that clubs are working towards - and June 6th is that date at the moment (for EFL clubs) with a resumption to training I think 3 weeks before.

If what we’ve said is true about the FFP situation then hopefully we won’t get any punishment, you’re right. But that relies on two things. One, us telling the full story in our statement. The EFL’s statement gives a bit of a different slant on things - which one turns out to be the true way of looking at things we will find out in the independent hearing. There’s no guarantees at the moment, as much as I personally don’t see how the EFL can impose any punishments based on the information we currently have to hand. And secondly, we’re also relying on the EFL being fair - which as the current Birmingham situation evidences, they don’t seem to be.

In terms of the highly unlikely event this season is declared null and void, that wouldn’t have any impact on our FFP situation anyway as we are being charged for breaking the rules 2 seasons ago, not in the current campaign.

I can't help but think that with this disruption and the subsequent drop in values of players will mean FFP will have to abandon current 3 year records and start again with a Year Zero at the start of the next season.

46 minutes ago, sage said:

I can't help but think that with this disruption and the subsequent drop in values of players will mean FFP will have to abandon current 3 year records and start again with a Year Zero at the start of the next season.

There is going to have to be some kind of accomodation or relaxation of P&S/FFP after the Corona has totally buggered this season no matter how it's resolved. Unfortunately, we have to rely upon the football authorities to decide what that should be.

But if they don't relax the rules in the circumstances there's going to be a lot of very unfortunate and unintended breaches.

Giver the EFL they'll probably have everyone starting next season on -15 points.

• 4 months later...

Archived