v Middlesbrough (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Two changes: one through injury and the other is bringing probably our most valuable player back into the team. It's hardly a massive number of changes. 

My comment was about the constant changes. We have rarely, if ever, put the same team out for two or more games in a row. Injuries aside it just smacks of meddling for no good reason.

Just now, Uptherams said:

Disappointed Sibley isn't in the squad and Lawrence is starting. How many more opportunities is Lawrence going to be given? 

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lawrence is probably in the top 5 or so wingers in this division for tackles and interceptions, and covers a lot of ground. Extremely harshly viewed upon with regards to his defensive effort.

Lawrence is joint top for most yellow cards in the Championship this season, so nobody can really argue that he doesn't try to put tackles in. He just isn't very good at it.

43 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I'm more concerned with Bogles inclusion...he is not a great defender and think Wisdom was pretty solid in two matches.....feel for him and he must be wondering what he has to do to get regular starts

Agree totally 

I think there must be a few in the squad sat there thinning what I have to do or how badly do others have to actually play before I get in 

I do question cocus man management at times I have to say 

hay ho 

COYR!! 

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Never mind the line-up. Where the hell is @SaintRam?

Injured his hand punching the table in frustration when he saw lawrence was in the team??

Just now, Paul71 said:

Injured his hand punching the table in frustration when he saw lawrence was in the team??

If football ever makes me punch anything in frustration I will stop following it ? 

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

How are we lining up?

Looks like a 4-4-1-1 sort of thing with Lawrence behind Waghorn.

Boro all over us so far. Our only possession has been in our third. 

27 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Did the subsequent two managers repeat what Pearson did as well then?

I mean I don’t think Lawrence is great but the last three managers have all been happy with what he contributes. That says to me he is doing pretty close to what is asked of him.

On top of that who on earth else would you bring in to replace Marriott? Waghorn and Martin would be horribly stodgy. 

It’s just whinging for whinging sake so that if we lose people can say I told you so, and if we win they can say well I’m just happy we won then repeat in 7 days time 

You suggested that it's wrong that football fans can think they know better than a manager. 

You say you don't think Lawrence is great. I think he's crap and always has been. A lot of fans don't rate him. But he's doing what's been asked of him? So the last managers have asked him to be not very good

I 100% get your frustration with moaning about a team sheet. I just judge the performances not the performances that might happen.

But the suggestion that you have to be in football to know football always winds me up. The mocking of fans opinions because they haven't got coaching badges gets under my skin. 

7 minutes ago, KCG said:

My comment was about the constant changes. We have rarely, if ever, put the same team out for two or more games in a row. Injuries aside it just smacks of meddling for no good reason.

I presume it's the 'set up the team' to oppose the opposition that Cocu prefers?

Archived