The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Johnson and C*mmings relationship will be interesting after this.

If your boss had been bragging about shaking hands with Covid sufferers in hospital, you'd be a bit fed up that you and the wife both caught it.

Or if C*mmings had told Johnson to shake people's hands, then he might be a bit fed up seen as he had a pregnant wife at the time.

They are clearly using Hancock as the whipping boy after infecting him too. I'm guessing the Chancellor had more sense than jumping in the same team bath/playing the biscuit game/whatever they were actually doing.

Then you have one of the chief medical experts meeting up for some fun with a women who had a family to go back too.

And to think many of these people were behind Brexit, a huge selling point been that the elites had lost touch with normal people outside of the Westminster/London bubble!

Completely your prerogative but I tend to forget the rest of the points in a post when you try and do some completely irrelevant tentative link to Brexit.

Don’t really know much about Cummings but have just seen the clip of him leaving his home and commenting,,,,,,what an arrogant twxt , and now the gov ministers coming out to defend him just shows what arrogant hypocritical twxts they are too and please please don’t try telling me that this was some emergency that put his child at risk and the only / right way to deal with it was what he did, we have people who are dying alone who’s relatives can’t even go to funerals let alone be with them as they pass from this world afraid and alone 

lose his job ?            Just like speeding , drink driving ?none of us perfect ?  again please don’t give me that , it’s a world of difference from the man/ people at the heart of making policies they impose on ALL the country not abiding by them themselves within a mere matter of days/ weeks of imposing them.

bloody cesspit of a government I’m afraid

11 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Cabinet coming out to defend him now. 

The actual defence of the parents not being well enough to look after the children is fair enough in my opinion, but it's not good enough for Hancock to just leave that there. He must go on and explain:-

(a) why the official guidance was not updated to tell parents with symptoms to find alternative childcare arrangements where possible and;

(b) how this could possibly run alongside their goal of stopping the virus being transmitted between households

If these 2 things cannot be answered then it is clear this defence is being used to try and get Cummings off the hook.

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Don’t really know much about Cummings but have just seen the clip of him leaving his home and commenting,,,,,,what an arrogant twxt , and now the gov ministers coming out to defend him just shows what arrogant hypocritical twxts they are too and please please don’t try telling me that this was some emergency that put his child at risk and the only / right way to deal with it was what he did, we have people who are dying alone who’s relatives can’t even go to funerals let alone be with them as they pass from this world afraid and alone 

lose his job ?            Just like speeding , drink driving ?none of us perfect ?  again please don’t give me that , it’s a world of difference from the man/ people at the heart of making policies they impose on ALL the country not abiding by them themselves within a mere matter of days/ weeks of imposing them.

bloody cesspit of a government I’m afraid

Some parts I agree with, its clearly hypocritical and some people will feel aggrieved if they have lost loved ones. 

I would add though, government policy has been labelled as too slow to lockdown and criticised for trying to keep schools open (herd immunity or not). So they flouted laws /rules almost involuntarily forced on them too. Minor point, but they were hardly evangelical about the rules in the first place so the hypocrisy personally doesn't grate as much as it could. 

46 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Completely your prerogative but I tend to forget the rest of the points in a post when you try and do some completely irrelevant tentative link to Brexit.

Fair enough, but the people vs the elite narrative they loved throughout Brexit looks rather fake now. Take back control, and give to this mob?

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Fair enough, but the people vs the elite narrative they loved throughout Brexit looks rather fake now. Take back control, and give to this mob?

Yeah but 'this mob' is just a snapshot in time.

I think people voted to bring back control to the UK forever, not just for this Conservative Government.

33 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Cabinet coming out to defend him now. 

Not the Cabinet, but the Health Secretary. The Secretary of State whose job is to establish the guidelines, which at the time was that anyone with COVID-19 should not leave the house, and self isolate.  He has made himself look an absolute tool posting this defence, most probably at his boss’s behest. I wonder which poor smuchk is being schooled at the moment for the 4 o’clock briefing.  

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

She looks like she is ahead in the poles already.

BJ could well be on the cards.

Very poor. 

Are we not above schoolboy titillations, just cruel when she has apparently already been brought to her knees. I mean, I don't even remember her name, but recall it was a bit of a mouthful... 

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Well no problem you will be there to tell them all of this. 

For what it’s worth I don’t like arch remainer Starmer either 

It will be interesting to see what happens at the next PMQs when Boris gets cross-examined by Sir Keir Starmer , especially as he will not have many Hooray Henrys in the background to do the usual cheering, whooping and making noises.

Which poor toady will he send out to tell Parliament all of this. 

4 hours ago, maxjam said:

I'm not trying to justify what has happened but when the coronavirus scare begin my wife and I did wonder what would happen to our 2 kids, dog and 8 chickens if we developed a bad case at the same time.  Not only would we potentially be fearing for our lives but we'd also be frantically trying to make arrangements to ensure our family and pets were looked after in our absence.

Exactly - and you're not even a very highly-paid political adviser at the heart of the British government. He must have been utterly petrified when he realised that his only option was to drive 260 miles to Durham. Literally no other course of action open to him? Shocking

Today's coronavirus briefing appears to now include  the government's transport policy. I hope the BBC don't ask any unrelated questions. Wouldn't want to see certain posters getting irate with them.

Archived