The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

It looks like there might be a job going as political adviser to Boris Johnson some time soon. Anybody fancy applying in these difficult times? I wouldn't hold my breath though.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-coronavirus-lockdown

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52779356

what a proper **** ***

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's spelt so badly and with such poor grammar I can't help but not trust it.

Almost like a Russian bot demanding bank sign in details.

??

Richard Murphy is quite good at explaining tax and financial stuff to factory fodder like me, first read his stuff in Private Eye and find him a good counterweight to the usual corporate stuff out there.

12 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

??

Richard Murphy is quite good at explaining tax and financial stuff to factory fodder like me, first read his stuff in Private Eye and find him a good counterweight to the usual corporate stuff out there.

I didn't see the author's name when posting, but are you sure you're not confusing him with Richard Brooks, whose authored several special reports in the Eye?

56 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

It looks like there might be a job going as political adviser to Boris Johnson some time soon. Anybody fancy applying in these difficult times? I wouldn't hold my breath though.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-coronavirus-lockdown

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020

Some half hearted apology will save him. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

He didn't just travel 200 odd miles, whilst having virus symptoms, but he went to stay at his parents house!

Are there no limits to what these people are capable of?

Turns out that the person who orchestrated Vote Leave and has being running Johnson for years is a totally selfish and breaks clear rules that he himself has helped impose. Who would have thought it?

Will we see another General Election with 12 months?

57 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I didn't see the author's name when posting, but are you sure you're not confusing him with Richard Brooks, whose authored several special reports in the Eye?

Your probably right. It could be Brooks I've read in the Eye although I'm sure I've read about Murphy there as well.

Never mind, the message is the important thing really. The national debt stuff is well worth researching to find your own conclusions rather than  listening to the usual media news.

2 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-coronavirus-and-lockdown-a-timeline

Oh, there will be some prepared to defend him.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

I don't actually think there will be this time @Eddie. It's pretty much indefensible.

If it turns out that Johnson knew what Cummings had done, should he walk too though?

Nothing will be done. Teflon Dom will just crack on doing Boris' job for him in private whilst Boris blusters around in public like a man sized toddler on a Haribo induced sugar rush.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

There will be people on here that will defend him then.

These people will be to busy scratching around trying to find some dirt on Starmer and the Labour Party. So they can do their usual whataboutery , when being unable to defend  the undefendable.

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

He didn't just travel 200 odd miles, whilst having virus symptoms, but he went to stay at his parents house!

Are there no limits to what these people are capable of?

Turns out that the person who orchestrated Vote Leave and has being running Johnson for years is a totally selfish and breaks clear rules that he himself has helped impose. Who would have thought it?

Will we see another General Election with 12 months?

Why the reference to vote leave? It just makes you look like you have a bias when the truth is he should be sacked on the spot for his behaviour regards ignoring lockdown 

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

How many days before the soon-to-resign Cummings gets a book deal chronicling the "chaos of Johnson's administration/personal life/behaviour?"

He should be able to fit it in nicely before his big bucks self promoting appearance on I’m a celebrity get me out of here when it can return, maybe him and boris on it together in a double whammy that the British public will lap up and send viewing figures through the roof ,

I know im boring on the subject of how poor our politicians On all sides have become but hey??‍♂️What can I say , do you want me to be the cat

The excuse appears to be that, because both he and his wife had it, they needed someone to look after their child.

So not only have they breached the rules regarding travel, they have also put their parents own health at risk if they were looking after the child.

Pure arrogance and stupidity.

In line with other high profile figures, the resignation should be forthcoming.

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Oh, there will be some prepared to defend him.

Not me, If advisors have advisors this would be my advice...resign and come back in a couple of months, This will not go away, He's not well liked by some in Government and media, If he stays on it will do damage to BJ that he could do well without.

Another high profile loon who thinks he's above Government rules.

20 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Nope..  Inexcusable and should face consequences.

Another bitter sad desperate post.

To be fair, a quick look on twitter and there are plenty of people performing some impressive mental gymnastics in his defense. 

It's not unique to Conservative supporters at all, but the lengths some folk will go to to defend their tribe is absolutely mental sometimes. 

Archived