Boro (H) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just when you thought our squad moral was too low to avoid defeat:

Middlesbrough warn senior players to take PAY CUT to remain at the club with boss Jonathan Woodgate tasked with reducing wage bill

Middlesbrough have warned senior stars they must take a significant pay cut if they want to remain at the club. Sportsmail understands some of those players with expiring contracts are unhappy at the prospect of 'significantly reduced terms'. Sources have warned that the situation could affect dressing-room morale, especially if players become distracted by their own future away from the Riverside.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7636959/Middlesbrough-warn-senior-players-pay-cut-remain-club.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Middlesbrough warn senior players to take PAY CUT to remain at the club with boss Jonathan Woodgate tasked with reducing wage bill

Middlesbrough have warned senior stars they must take a significant pay cut if they want to remain at the club. Sportsmail understands some of those players with expiring contracts are unhappy at the prospect of 'significantly reduced terms'. Sources have warned that the situation could affect dressing-room morale, especially if players become distracted by their own future away from the Riverside.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7636959/Middlesbrough-warn-senior-players-pay-cut-remain-club.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

A choice between taking a pay cut or being allowed to le- I mean, being forced to leave Middlesbrough? That's a tough one.

27 minutes ago, cosmic said:

There was a guy on their forums who said Shotton and another player were on a combined £60k per week. I have trouble believing thats true unless the other guy is on £59k per week and Shotton on £1k. They did employ Pulis though, so I suppose anythings possible.

29 minutes ago, GenBr said:

There was a guy on their forums who said Shotton and another player were on a combined £60k per week. I have trouble believing thats true unless the other guy is on £59k per week and Shotton on £1k. They did employ Pulis though, so I suppose anythings possible.

In the modern championship with a recently parachute payment club, Itsnot even remotely surprising.

I coukd well imagine Shotton on between £20-30k per week. Him being worth that, I struggle, but the game has made a lot of very average players very rich men.

42 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

In the modern championship with a recently parachute payment club, Itsnot even remotely surprising.

I coukd well imagine Shotton on between £20-30k per week. Him being worth that, I struggle, but the game has made a lot of very average players very rich men.

Reckon Assombolongaandlongaandlonga will be up there with a decent cash wedge anorl.....?

Wasn't he on our wish list one year? Think of the cash we could have spunked.......

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Pulis would have told them to pay whatever it takes to get The Shottmeister & his long throws.

Roos

Bogle    Bielik    Davies    Lowe

Holmes     Knight     Shinnie

Waghorn    Marriott    Lawrence

On paper and on form these boys and girls can beat anyone. I'd love to see this line up on Saturday.

18 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Roos

Bogle    Bielik    Davies    Lowe

Holmes     Knight     Shinnie

Waghorn    Marriott    Lawrence

On paper and on form these boys and girls can beat anyone. I'd love to see this line up on Saturday.

Knight played the full 90 today so you’ll only see that team in your dreams tonight. 

Let's go for it. COYR ?

Roos

Bogle.   Bielik.     Davies.      Lowe

Shinnie

Holmes.        Lawrence.    Paterson

Marriott.    Martin

Maybe Waggy for Paterson. But let's have creativity in there and Marriott and Martin together.

The more I look at this line up, the more I like it. Anyone got Cocu's phone number? Point him at this post ?

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Knight played the full 90 today so you’ll only see that team in your dreams tonight. 

So? When I was 18 i could easily play 90 mins on a Friday, straight down the rec for 8 bottles of 20/20, bag of fish bits on the way home and be up fresh as a daisy for 90 mins on a Saturday. 

I couldn't do that now though. I'm no Richard Keogh.

On 30/10/2019 at 14:06, Squid said:

Lawrence has been one of our best players in these past couple of games, since the incident hes been a different player.

Can only guess that you'd drop him due to your agenda against him? If so, fair enough, everyone has the right to an opinion, however he's been a lot better than most in the past couple of games.

Evans is still injured too if i remember correctly...

Also dropping Lowe? Come on!

Dowell was good on saturday and when he came off the team fell apart, Holmes hasn't been himself recently either.

Don’t see that myself , for me his time is up ,he never seems to have the ball under control and just looks for dead ends to run at with little or no chance of getting past the congested areas he runs at , whenever the ball goes to him I’m 90 percent certain he is going to lose possession and  put us in trouble ,the odd flash of something every 10 games that your not sure if it’s luck or skill just doesn’t cut it if your aiming top championship ,

sell sell sell if we can get anything for him

15 hours ago, cosmic said:

Gibson should think about selling the stadium to raise some funds.

Game day at last, let's know talk football, let's get behind our team Dcfc, it's been a poo week off the pitch, but it want happens on the pitch which really matters, Rooney and Davis will get the changing room back together, and a few wins will deffo help starting with today and the red dogs next week let's support Cocu and the boys today. 

Archived