Boro (H) Match Thread

Bubbles

For me, I’d go with the same team as last time out:

Roos

Bogle Davies Clarke Lowe

Bielik Shinnie

Holmes Dowell Lawrence 

Martin

Thought we put in a good performance and we’re unlucky to lose like we did, so it’s worth another try and home imo. Really is a game I’d hope we can battle a win out of this one, even if it’s not pretty- boro have been one of the worst teams in the league this year and have looked pretty bank at times. That said, we always struggle against them, so I guess a point wouldn’t be disaster. What we really want to see is that energy and fight though, to get in the boro players faces and battle for every ball. Need to show the rest of the squad is still up for the fight after this weeks events. Would be nice to see some defensive improvement as well in terms of actually closing players down rather than letting them do how they please, and ffs learning how to clear a cross properly! Need more support from the wingers in that respect than we got against hull, bogle and Lowe we’re often hung out to dry. Just hope we’ve got the pace at the back to deal with the opposition forwards as well, Davies and Clarke worry me but I don’t see many other options. 

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Need to play 2 up front for a home game (not how we lined up at start vs Wigan).

Personnel preference . You and I might think we need to go a 4-4-2 but it's not Cocu's philosophy . He's got a style and philosophy and I'm pleased he's sticking to it . Keep sticking to it , keep with Cocu and we'll reap the rewards . 

47 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

For me, I’d go with the same team as last time out:

Roos

Bogle Davies Clarke Lowe

Bielik Shinnie

Holmes Dowell Lawrence 

Martin

Thought we put in a good performance and we’re unlucky to lose like we did, so it’s worth another try and home imo. Really is a game I’d hope we can battle a win out of this one, even if it’s not pretty- boro have been one of the worst teams in the league this year and have looked pretty bank at times. That said, we always struggle against them, so I guess a point wouldn’t be disaster. What we really want to see is that energy and fight though, to get in the boro players faces and battle for every ball. Need to show the rest of the squad is still up for the fight after this weeks events. Would be nice to see some defensive improvement as well in terms of actually closing players down rather than letting them do how they please, and ffs learning how to clear a cross properly! Need more support from the wingers in that respect than we got against hull, bogle and Lowe we’re often hung out to dry. Just hope we’ve got the pace at the back to deal with the opposition forwards as well, Davies and Clarke worry me but I don’t see many other options. 

Totally agree with this . 

2 hours ago, David said:

Gibson should think about selling the stadium to raise some funds.

Mel Morris announces new venture "we buy any football ground dot com"

"we aim to offer competitively economical solutions to embittered, impoverished championship football chairmen, by offering 20-40% of our expected auction price of the stadium and offer a rent back option substancially more favorable than the west hom-london stadium one (to me, lolz, obvs, not them)

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'm feeling a  1-0 loss today , hope I'm wrong as if we loose today we will edge closer to the bottom 3 with hard fixtures coming up we could soon be in big trouble.

This as 0-0 written all over it,two poor sides IMO

With the weather the way it is I am actually not looking forward to any aspect of this game which is totally unlike me as I look for the positives in everything - yes 0-0 looks highly likely but hopefully Derby can actually perform well with a nice 3-0 win but I think what may spark my enthusiasm is Chris Martin starting with jack Marriott in a front two and see how it goes but it won’t happen will it?

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Chris Martin starting with jack Marriott in a front two and see how it goes but it won’t happen will it?

It seems like such a no brainer. Especially seeing as we're at home, especially seeing as we failed to score in the last game, especially seeing as the fans could so with a boost of excitement...

So no it probably won't happen.

Here's what Ian Holloway has to say about Derby and Boro:

“Some of these players are absolutely stealing a living in my opinion. They’re shirking responsibility, and they’ve got to stand up and be counted.

“I would suggest the players pull their fingers out because they’re not wearing that shirt with enough pride.”

https://the72.co.uk/147880/stealing-a-living-ian-holloway-takes-aim-at-middlesbrough-and-Derby-players/

i think he probably has a point.

5 minutes ago, ramit said:

Here's what Ian Holloway has to say about Derby and Boro:

“Some of these players are absolutely stealing a living in my opinion. They’re shirking responsibility, and they’ve got to stand up and be counted.

“I would suggest the players pull their fingers out because they’re not wearing that shirt with enough pride.”

https://the72.co.uk/147880/stealing-a-living-ian-holloway-takes-aim-at-middlesbrough-and-Derby-players/

i think he probably has a point.

Possibly one more than we will get today ?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Been at the rugby club since 08:30 so unusually beveragiode for a home game.

I read that and thought "What a beautiful word.  I must google it, and subsequently use it myself".

... Now, I just feel like I've been had!  Would now be an appropriate time to call you an absolute nob, for conning me so!  

*Still looks good though... I may still steal it, once the dust has settled!  

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Personnel preference . You and I might think we need to go a 4-4-2 but it's not Cocu's philosophy . He's got a style and philosophy and I'm pleased he's sticking to it . Keep sticking to it , keep with Cocu and we'll reap the rewards . 

I stand corrected ?

Archived