Boro (H) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, DRBee said:

There's no way Bielik would understand the word 'mardy'  and though well used to the word I am struggling to understand how it applies.

It is quite a negative thing to say as he doesn't whine, complain from what I have seen. He did react to the tackle but the way he came back on

and got on with it was wholly admirable. His passing  and tackling were great on Saturday.

I’m not taking to Bielik so I’m not worried if he understands it or not! ?

It was tongue in cheek but he did roll around like a big girl. And he didn’t want to play when he first came because he was ‘tired’...

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

spacer.png

Monk’s signings - £10m net spend in summer 2017

Lewis Wing - free. Decent squad player. 
Marvin Johnson - £2.5m. Loaned to Sheff Utd last season with the occasional appearance. and is a regular this season. 
Cyrus Christie - £2.5m. Sold 6 months later for £3m. 
Ryan Shotton - £2.9m. A regular when fit since joining. 
Darren Randolph - £5m. An ever present and one of the best keepers in the league over the past couple of seasons. 
Jonny Howson - £5m. An ever present since joining and consistently one of their best players. 
Ashley Fletcher - £6.5m. A lot of money spent on an awful signing. 
Martin Braithewaite - £10m. Sold for £8.8m
Britt Assombalonga - £15.4m. Consistently their top scorer (or there abouts)

Made a loss of just £700k on the (two) players they’ve sold. But it could be interesting at the end of the next couple of seasons when a number of big fee signings are out of contract (Gestede, Howson, Shotton at the end of this season; Randolph, Clayton, Assombalonga, Fletcher in 2021)

Found this rather bizarre post on one of the Middlesbrough forums:

27k in a 33500 capacity stadium.

The point being that Derby is an economic oasis in the east midlands - locals generally have cash to spare - and are not spending it on their mid-table average team.

Its not just the Boro. There were swathes of bottomless plastics yesterday. mmmmmm

I know Boro are having an awful season but, we're not exactly pulling up any trees (well, hopefully a few on Saturday). I don't think they've had a crowd above 22,000 in a stadium (12,000+ empty seats). How does this clown know how much money the locals have spare?

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

WhoScored team of the week is good news again for us Rams.

Shinnie and Lawrence make the cut.

Bogle missed out by a whisker.  Like Cash also scored 8.5 for the match.

image.thumb.png.681fe30c3464fa12c51672c5302cb449.png

Bogle got an 8.7 originally but they lowered it to an 8.4 yesterday. Don't know why, being as he's got better stats than Cash in pretty much all areas but tackles, which isn't a surprise when he didn't need to make any.

4 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

WhoScored team of the week is good news again for us Rams.

Shinnie and Lawrence make the cut.

Bogle missed out by a whisker.  Like Cash also scored 8.5 for the match.

image.thumb.png.681fe30c3464fa12c51672c5302cb449.png

That the Boro keeper made team of the week when they lost 2-0 is just a further testament to how good we were against them.

23 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Found this rather bizarre post on one of the Middlesbrough forums:

27k in a 33500 capacity stadium.

The point being that Derby is an economic oasis in the east midlands - locals generally have cash to spare - and are not spending it on their mid-table average team.

Its not just the Boro. There were swathes of bottomless plastics yesterday. mmmmmm

I know Boro are having an awful season but, we're not exactly pulling up any trees (well, hopefully a few on Saturday). I don't think they've had a crowd above 22,000 in a stadium (12,000+ empty seats). How does this clown know how much money the locals have spare?

In England we have the highest average weekly salary of any city outside of the SouthEast, but I wouldn't exactly say we are an economic oasis - the average salary is only 28k - doesn't go very far for family, mortgage, car, etc to then be able to buy a very expensive season ticket as well. The average salary is higher than most cities, but vast areas of the city are still very poor.

They couldn't even break 18k against Preston, so they can't really say much. In all the years we've been in the Championship (since the rebrand) we've never averaged below 20k and only got close to it in 03/04 where the average was still 22k.

55 minutes ago, GenBr said:

In England we have the highest average weekly salary of any city outside of the SouthEast, but I wouldn't exactly say we are an economic oasis - the average salary is only 28k - doesn't go very far for family, mortgage, car, etc to then be able to buy a very expensive season ticket as well. The average salary is higher than most cities, but vast areas of the city are still very poor.

They couldn't even break 18k against Preston, so they can't really say much. In all the years we've been in the Championship (since the rebrand) we've never averaged below 20k and only got close to it in 03/04 where the average was still 22k.

Funny how they all found the cash when they were in the premier League ?

Archived