• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos

Wisdom   Davies   Buchanan

Bogle         Bielik     Shinnie          Lowe

Lawrence

Martin   Marriott

I fear another defeat just because we always struggle against Boro. We'll, on the pitch we do.

In other news, to wind up boro's owner, I think we should have a feature in the match day programme about how pride Park compares to Riverside stadium.... "despite its similar engineering concept, Riverside is architecturally inferior, sited in less desirable location, and, is home to a team with significantly lower attendances and no scope to develop in and out of season non-football related spectator events. "

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I fear another defeat just because we always struggle against Boro. We'll, on the pitch we do.

In other news, to wind up boro's owner, I think we should have a feature in the match day programme about how pride Park compares to Riverside stadium.... "despite its similar engineering concept, Riverside is architecturally inferior, sited in less desirable location, and, is home to a team with significantly lower attendances and no scope to develop in and out of season non-football related spectator events. "

It would be a great the day before for Mel to announce new investment.

The priority would be vast improvement works on the ground:

Extra tier around the ground perimeter, the long mooted roof, a deal with the NFL, a hotel, shopping mall and tram system to and from the new HS2 hub.

All extra profits going the football club because of the major draw it is.

Oh and a peppercorn rent of £1 per annum.

I'll get the ambulance ready for Gibson now.

Oh McLaren and Southgate to perform ground breaking and the opening ceremonies.

That should finish him off.

5 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

Would like to see Wisdom playing centre back in this one especially as we are determined to play out from the back.

Him and Davies would be a good partnership... Then when Davies moves on maybe Evans and Wisdom?

Roos

Wisdom             Davies           Clarke

Bogle            Bielik                       Shinnie                       Lowe

Lawrence

Marriott               Martin

8 minutes ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Roos

Wisdom             Davies           Clarke

Bogle            Bielik                       Shinnie                       Lowe

Lawrence

Marriott               Martin

I'm edging closer to 352.

Maybe Bielik, Evans or Forsyth as options at the back - could be in place of any of the three you have.

If Bielik drops back, then maybe Evans or Knight in midfield.

At Hull, I thought Dowell and Holmes played quite well.....whether that's well enough to get in the team...dunno.

I also like Paterson, think he's quite creative.....so if Lawrence was having a bad day.....

The main point is - I think this is becoming clearer - the players at our disposal fit 352 far better than they do in a 433 with wingers.

Thats a big ask however, since (until recently) Boro’s defence has been leakier than Julian Assange’s website, while for the last 3 games, our forwards seem to have forgotten you’re meant to aim for that big white rectangular thing with a net on the back.

Above is a quote from their own match thread. We usually do badly against them, but I think this will probably be a draw - we might have increased our shot total of late, but we still lack a cutting edge. Our defences sound like they are the same and neither of us can score, so boring 0-0 draw it is.

image.png.3615688ad253db65859b8e268be7001a.png

Sounds like they are turning against Gibson - can't say I'm upset. 

one of us GIF

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Him and Davies would be a good partnership... Then when Davies moves on maybe Evans and Wisdom?

When Evan's is 100% fit I would like to see that sooner rather than later I dont think Davies can keep up with the demands of the championship and needs a rest here and there

I had a mooch on that forum earlier.  It was almost as if they'd copied and pasted from here.  All of your dcfcfans favourites were there, including complaints about... 

• A turgid style of play....check
  • The clueless manager....check
  • A static forward line....check
  • World's worst recruitment team....check
  • All the owners fault....check
  • Just play all the youngsters....check
  • No scope for improvement...check
  • Random statements about FFP presented as fact...check
  • Calls from a lunatic fringe for Pulis...check

But yet they manage to do it all with a level of commitment to misery and an absence of humour that puts us to shame.  I blame the smog.

Archived