Luton Town (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be an interesting weekend in midfield with no TH playing, a few have disagreed with him starting all the time, so lets see how we get on without him, however personally I think our biggest problem is consistency, or lack off it. It seems to me as if we are still in experimental mode still, and IMO after 10 games we shouldn't be, and , yes before I get slated, I am aware of injury's.

What kind of reception do we think Lawrence will get if he starts? I anticipate a lot of booing, but I really hope that isn't the case. I don't expect (or want) him to be cheered and wildly applauded, but I can't see how booing him will help him (or the team as a whole) put in a good performance when we're in urgent need of a win. 

17 minutes ago, desirelines said:

What kind of reception do we think Lawrence will get if he starts? I anticipate a lot of booing, but I really hope that isn't the case. I don't expect (or want) him to be cheered and wildly applauded, but I can't see how booing him will help him (or the team as a whole) put in a good performance when we're in urgent need of a win. 

Lawrence and Bennett have obviously been very stupid and, in due course, will no doubt feel the full force of the legal system. I would also anticipate that, given their public and privileged position as "role models", they will be punished more severely than you or I would, which I fully understand and agree with. The club will also apply its own disciplinary procedures like any responsible employer and, like any responsible employer will keep the matter confidential between themselves and the individuals concerned.

However, the sanctimonious attitude and "lynch mob mentality" of some on here I find very irritating. It is not our place to apply punishment and I share your hope that booing is not the case. I also cannot see how booing any Derby player can support the team.

My car is going to be full of Luton-supporting family members for this one, so for me personally this is a "must win" game.

12 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

I reckon Shinnie will be a definite starter this Saturday

If he couldn't even get in the squad over dumb and dumber at Barnsley I doubt he will be in the starting 11 for Luton. Maybe he will make the bench if Hudds is injured.

I would love to see him getting any kind of chance though.

Looking forward to this one. It’s a big family gathering with the Luton haof of the gang all coming up for the weekend.

they’ll be sitting in the away end while I have moved my seat to get two together and sit with Mrs Jono attending her first professional football game. 

Luton nephew reports that Andrew Shinnie ( Graham’s brother it seems) is probably their best player but has been ill. He may make a comeback on Saturday. Their front man has just scored his 50th  goal for Luton in around 85 appearances. Izzy Brown has started well and looks exciting but only when he can be bothered. Some love him some think he’s a show pony.

Sister in law has dodgy knees so may forgo the walk up the river and park near the ground. Is the Yard open after the game. Thinking we might meet and have a post match beer while the traffic clears ? 

Hamer

Bogle.      Davies.       Clark.    Lowe

Shinnie. Bielik. 

Holmes.                             Pato

Martin.      Waghorn 

Archived