Luton Town (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Or should that be licence? Just wondering, you know. ?

Both are correct, but as this is an English forum, that would've been the appropriate way to spell it. 

Lived in the States too long, that's my only defense.

Darn, did it again

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Shouldn't the word "wrong" be in quotation marks?  In your post that is, not the original.

Poetic licence... Done.

Americanism... Done. 

Hmmm... 

?

It is a matter of choice, it suffices that the sentence is clearly understood.

This is fun.

Shouldn't that be - in your post, that is, not the original post?

Hmmm...

?

34 minutes ago, ramit said:

It is a matter of choice, it suffices that the sentence is clearly understood.

This is fun.

Shouldn't that be - in your post, that is, not the original post?

Hmmm...

?

I've no idea... I haven't got a clue what the rules are, but yes, you're right... it is indeed great fun!  ?

If there is a time not to give Butterfield any stick it’s right now as these things have a habit of nibbling your behind. 

Butterfield isn’t a bad footballer, Huddersfield fans didn’t want to lose him at the time and Barnsley fans will tell you how good he was for them.

Didn’t work out here, or Wednesday, but if he’s found his place at Luton he could be a key player for them tomorrow, hopefully not, but I’m sure he will be motivated more then ever to put a performance in. 

17 minutes ago, David said:

If there is a time not to give Butterfield any stick it’s right now as these things have a habit of nibbling your behind. 

Butterfield isn’t a bad footballer, Huddersfield fans didn’t want to lose him at the time and Barnsley fans will tell you how good he was for them.

Didn’t work out here, or Wednesday, but if he’s found his place at Luton he could be a key player for them tomorrow, hopefully not, but I’m sure he will be motivated more then ever to put a performance in. 

It was TOES!  

Did you not read the papers!  

I'm praying Lawrence doesn't start but he obviously will, I hated him as a player before the incident and that has just compounded it for me,  someone like  Paterson or Holmes on the wing or even Mitchell-Lawson would be much more effective and then with the moral reasons as well I would be very happy to see him not play for us again.  Watch him play and score a screamer now.    I would also like to see Hamer play as Roos is awful from crosses,  and play Bielik as a midfielder, and Knight to come in for Lawrence.

I would go:

Hamer

Bogle Davies Clarke Lowe

Bielik

Holmes  Knight 

Waghorn Martin Paterson 

14 hours ago, desirelines said:

What kind of reception do we think Lawrence will get if he starts? I anticipate a lot of booing, but I really hope that isn't the case. I don't expect (or want) him to be cheered and wildly applauded, but I can't see how booing him will help him (or the team as a whole) put in a good performance when we're in urgent need of a win. 

Duck him , I won't be booing but I couldn't care less if people boo he shouldn't be playing for both on and off field reasons, and it is disrpectful to the more professional players in the squad like Shinnie that he is even in the squad never mind playing. 

On 04/10/2019 at 09:34, desirelines said:

What kind of reception do we think Lawrence will get if he starts? I anticipate a lot of booing, but I really hope that isn't the case. I don't expect (or want) him to be cheered and wildly applauded, but I can't see how booing him will help him (or the team as a whole) put in a good performance when we're in urgent need of a win. 

I’m going to play devil’s advocate, so I’ll be vocal in my support for Lawerence & Bennett if only to offset the negativity. 

Luton are a team with supporters that believe Butterfield is their best player, so that’s who we’re up against this afternoon. Butterfield to score the winner and go full Adebayor? I wouldn’t blame him, in fact I’d respect him for it. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Luton are a team with supporters that believe Butterfield is their best player, so that’s who we’re up against this afternoon. Butterfield to score the winner and go full Adebayor? I wouldn’t blame him, in fact I’d respect him for it. 

He was our best player for a good couple of months in 15/16. If he’s rediscovered his confidence and ability, he’ll be a tough opponent.

12 hours ago, David said:

I’ve noticed that he’s started quite a few games this season but has frequently been subbed around 65th minute. I know he’ll be very motivated today and suspect he’ll be popping in some shots. When he is “on his game” he is a potential match-winner so we must keep a tight watch on him. Thing is, most of our midfield are incapable of marshalling the opposition hence our very porous midfield. 

This will probably be 3-3. 

We will concede from 3 corners as every single one that goes into the box it’s a case of either a bad delivery, a miss or a goal. We don’t defend them. 

Major positive today is Huddlestone will be out. Let’s see what we can do without the Glacier in midfield for the first time. 

Archived