Luton Town (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

35 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I’ve noticed that he’s started quite a few games this season but has frequently been subbed around 65th minute. I know he’ll be very motivated today and suspect he’ll be popping in some shots. When he is “on his game” he is a potential match-winner so we must keep a tight watch on him. Thing is, most of our midfield are incapable of marshalling the opposition hence our very porous midfield. 

He sits in front of the back four according to their forum, pure defensive midfielder, which I find staggering.

I was a huge fan of his when here but I never envisaged he’d be a competent defender. Suppose we’ll find out today assuming he plays.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

He sits in front of the back four according to their forum, pure defensive midfielder, which I find staggering.

I was a huge fan of his when here but I never envisaged he’d be a competent defender. Suppose we’ll find out today assuming he plays.

I’m amazed at that too. He’s far better deployed as an advanced midfielder. 

14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He was Huddersfield POTY before we signed him - really didn't work out for him here (or Wednesday, Hull or Bradford) but if he's got his mojo back he did have some talent.

He got “Clement”ed. His strength was bursting forwards with the ball, or running on to through balls, both of which being anathema to Clement, and he managed to school it out of Butterfield and it appears that it has taken this long for him to rehabilitate.

Clement has a lot to answer for, as does Pearson re Chris Martin.

Marriott again doubtful. I love him as a player, but I've got to say I'm absolutely fed up with all the mysterious niggles he seems to pick up.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

This will probably be 3-3. 

We will concede from 3 corners as every single one that goes into the box it’s a case of either a bad delivery, a miss or a goal. We don’t defend them. 

Major positive today is Huddlestone will be out. Let’s see what we can do without the Glacier in midfield for the first time. 

We'll seriously miss Huddlestone today, the recent games I've seen he's by far our best player at the moment.

Jesus talk about Ranieri tinkering when things aren’t that broke.... why do we need two CDMS against Luton? What’s Holmes done wrong? What’s Lowe done wrong? I know waghorn wasn’t great, but Josefzoon and lawerence together?! Don’t get it man, I really don’t. Team was starting to play half decent.

2 minutes ago, blackNwhites said:

We'll seriously miss Huddlestone today, the recent games I've seen he's by far our best player at the moment.

There’s elements of his game we will miss. Other things that won’t be missed eg having the turning circle of an oil tanker. 

Im interested to see Bielik, Holmes & Paterson get a run of games, to see what they can do.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Jesus talk about Ranieri tinkering when things aren’t that broke.... why do we need two CDMS against Luton? What’s Holmes done wrong? What’s Lowe done wrong? I know waghorn wasn’t great, but Josefzoon and lawerence together?! Don’t get it man, I really don’t. Team was starting to play half decent.

Maybe they’re carrying knocks. Doesn’t mean they’ve done owt wrong. 

Archived