v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Too many thinking about getting stick from Forest fans (who cares really?) rather than giving young players a shot at first team action. Those moaning about Cocu's team selection would also be the same whingeing if we'd put out the first team and got one or two serious injuries, saying why did he take the risk in a cup match.

The guy can't win.

Top post ???

8 minutes ago, Derbados said:

This is poor from Cocu, no matter how you spin it. 

A battering at Forest isn’t going to do anything for our young players confidence.

We’ve only registered 1 win in the league so far and needed to try and gain some momentum, beating your local rivals can kickstart a season. 

All tonight will do is deflate the squad even further, losing to your bitter rivals hurts no Matter the occasion, should have played 80-90% our strongest side. 

Cant wait to go to work in the middle of Nottingham city centre tomorrow, nice one Phil

Yep.  Agree with all the above . 

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

“Play Sibley over Dowell”

”Why not play the kids, anyone is better than Jozefzoon”

”Buchanan is better than Malone”

*Cocu plays youth players for relatively unimportant cup tie*

”ducking hell Cocu that line up is a disgrace. This is Forest and we should be wanting to win. We’d better win on Saturday now”

Well which is it? We can’t have it both ways can we? Tonight will be a big and valuable lesson for our young players and will tell Cocu lots about them. Perhaps they’re showing they aren’t quite good enough yet and perhaps it will mean our much maligned first team will be cut a little more slack. Probably not though.

We can expect our strongest side to be put out against our biggest rivals. If it was Exeter City away i’d get it, but not tonight. It does nothing for the squad or the fans confidence.

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

“Play Sibley over Dowell”

”Why not play the kids, anyone is better than Jozefzoon”

”Buchanan is better than Malone”

*Cocu plays youth players for relatively unimportant cup tie*

”ducking hell Cocu that line up is a disgrace. This is Forest and we should be wanting to win. We’d better win on Saturday now”

Well which is it? We can’t have it both ways can we? Tonight will be a big and valuable lesson for our young players and will tell Cocu lots about them. Perhaps they’re showing they aren’t quite good enough yet and perhaps it will mean our much maligned first team will be cut a little more slack. Probably not though.

Beautifully put. 

Several good points rolled together.

We will learn more about the young players in a 'backs against the wall' situation and we can see who is ready to step up.

Both ourselves and the dogs have put out “weakened” sides. Anyone thinking that we are playing our youngsters against their first team is deluded. Both clubs are using this competition to assess their teams for the long season ahead. Our squad is thinner and has more youngsters in it. But we also have a few experienced players playing tonight..

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Too many thinking about getting stick from Forest fans (who cares really?) rather than giving young players a shot at first team action. Those moaning about Cocu's team selection would also be the same whingeing if we'd put out the first team and got one or two serious injuries, saying why did he take the risk in a cup match.

The guy can't win.

Agree. Would you find yourself ripping into Forest fans if our first team knocked their kids out of the cup? I can't say I'd be too bothered by the "banter"

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Honestly get a ducking grip some of you. Some of you last year were blaming Lampard for playing his first team in the line ups and claimed it ultimately cost us. Cocu comes in and plays a second string team and next thing you know he should be playing his first team. There is no winning with our fans. 

I’m more than happy to stick by Cocu but I’m not so sure about people who seem perfectly ok to be 2-0 down against Forest ! 

I’m no wrist slasher but surely people can voice there concerns here ? Better than doing it at the game...

Cocu is learning about English football as well ...just chill and give the man the time ....we will not go up or down this season but next season we’ll be much better ....if you don’t expect too much this season it’s easier to accept ....there will be some bumps along the way get used to it ...Lampard left us very late in pre season and Cocu needs time ...please get behind what he is trying to do....and judge us next season ...we will still play well this season but don’t expect too much 

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The guy can't win.

Exactly

1 minute ago, Rample said:

Smartish decision by Cocu.

Depends on the result on Saturday doesn't it? Win and all is okay. Lose and people will rightly question if throwing a cup game to your local rivals was the right strategy. I'm not that bothered tonight personally but the facts are it only increases the need for a positive result/performance vs. Brentford ...or it looks abit wasteful otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Jayram said:

We can expect our strongest side to be put out against our biggest rivals. If it was Exeter City away i’d get it, but not tonight. It does nothing for the squad or the fans confidence.

The point is I have seen lots of posts saying that these lads are supposedly better than what we have.

So when it comes to playing them there’s still moans and groans. Pathetic, entitled nonsense.

3 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Yes and if i was one of them i would be at PP in the morning asking for a refund

So you're having a hissy fit on behalf of those who have actually gone to a game when you haven't? Perhaps you could rock up in the morning with pom poms and a rara skirt and be their cheerleader. 

2-4-6-8, Cocu is the one we hate...

PMSL

4 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

Stop being a prima donna and accept that the world does not revolve on Derby beating the idiots.

Cocu needs to get a fix on what our squad is capable of, not false dawns on beating our local clowns.

You may have quoted the wrong person

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Do us a favour and get behind a manager for once ! You'd be the first crying out for youth to be given a chance .

Give youth a chance. Yes. But play them in a team with experience to help them out. I can't think that Hughes and Hendrick played because they were youth, but because they were good.

Archived