v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's true..

Very Clement like up to now.

I think that we are in for a difficult season where cocu tries to fit square pegs into round holes instead of just using the round ones.

Come next year,then he will be in a position to bring in his own players that fit his system and how he wants to play.

From that point there can be no excuses.

Question is whether the fans and Mel give him the time if we are scrabbling around at the bottom of the league...that will be a hard call if it comes to that.

good post.  Frank had the charisma to get most people on his side.  Cocu is a different character and I'm not being critical.  I think this puts more pressure on him and the fans.  I sense that this site has not been so polarized in a long time and it covers most topics football and non football related and I think this relates to how unlovable (not sure that is the right word) Cocu is.

I also worry a bit about the Turkey experience so currently I am concerned.  We have experienced many false starts that have ended badly and I can't shake the feeling of 'here we go again'. 

However, he has been given a 4 year contract and I really hope it works out as I don't want another managerial team walking away with x years compo.  So it is buckle up time hope we can pull enough results together pre Rooney and hope Rooney invigorates the second half and provides some excitement.  That is all I expect this year; midtable with a bit of excitement

Morning chaps. Whilst I would, and should, be gloating massively about the mighty Nottingham Forest's superb 3-0 thrashing of your lads the other night, I've actually just popped over to say a big thanks to all those who respected and joined in with the minutes applause for Junior Agogo.

Very comendable stuff, gave me a shiver down the spine seeing both sets of fans doing so.

Thanks again to all who participated.

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

good post.  Frank had the charisma to get most people on his side.  Cocu is a different character and I'm not being critical.  I think this puts more pressure on him and the fans.  I sense that this site has not been so polarized in a long time and it covers most topics football and non football related and I think this relates to how unlovable (not sure that is the right word) Cocu is.

I also worry a bit about the Turkey experience so currently I am concerned.  We have experienced many false starts that have ended badly and I can't shake the feeling of 'here we go again'. 

However, he has been given a 4 year contract and I really hope it works out as I don't want another managerial team walking away with x years compo.  So it is buckle up time hope we can pull enough results together pre Rooney and hope Rooney invigorates the second half and provides some excitement.  That is all I expect this year; midtable with a bit of excitement

As ever,if I can see progression and a pleasing style of football,I'll be largely happy.

We were definitely spoilt last year and infected by Frank and his team's passion and I suppose it's a case of getting used to a very different personality.

Cocu has summed it up quite well I think

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-press-conference-live-3261305

Of course, you’re sad, because we’re out of the cup and have lost against Forest.

But we’ve got a really important game in the league on Saturday.

We will face Forest twice more in the league and will have to make sure we get the result we want.

You always look at the players available, and also the fitness of the players in the team.

We need all the players for a long season. We don’t want to stretch it too much.

You also want to give confidence to the players who did well in the previous round.

Lesson taken and we know what we have to improve the next time we play Forest.

On 29 August 2019 at 09:12, Alf said:

Morning chaps. Whilst I would, and should, be gloating massively about the mighty Nottingham Forest's superb 3-0 thrashing of your lads the other night, I've actually just popped over to say a big thanks to all those who respected and joined in with the minutes applause for Junior Agogo.

Very comendable stuff, gave me a shiver down the spine seeing both sets of fans doing so.

Thanks again to all who participated.

Yes mate I agree, the atmosphere was red hot an till you got the second, then we became very quite, but when something serious came along we all stood as one and shown our respect for a footballer who had passed away, which every team should do, for me the passion at the Derby Forest games are second to none, but 99 percent of both sets of fans still respect the footballing family, only Millwall. And Leeds seem to have little or no respect at times, looking forward to getting some revenge in November at the city ground, next time it will be the Forest fans who are walking out with 10 minutes left. Once A Ram Always A Ram.

• 1 month later...

Archived