v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

Young Buchanan is having a nightmare and booked ..changes at HT ...Cocu will see who’s ready to step up and it’s game experience for these youngsters but expect better from the more experienced players 2 crosses 2 goals 

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

duck a duck.

Cocu clearly didn't know what this game means to many people and the stick many are going to get tomorrow.

Let's hope the kids can turn this around for him.

I’ll be at work in Nottingham tomorrow, any forest fans getting excited because they beat our kids and reserves will be laughed at.

I didnt have any usual nerves before a normal game vs Forest, just wasnt  interested in it tonight, almost felt like a friendly then the line up confirmed that.

I dont have any issue's with the line up either, giving much needed minutes to players who wont get them anywhere else.

Im 100% behind our manager thats delivering on his word of promoting the youngsters & giving them a go. 

I still think in the long run he'll develop this mixture of youth into a quality side given time. It was never going to be easy & we'll take a few unfavourable results along the way but im behind him. At least he is trying to do something 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How did you expect it to go?

I don’t know what Kash thinks but I didn’t really expect much from this season. I think some people thought that just because we got Cocu as manager, he’d transform our club and a similar effect to that of Bielsa on Leeds and we’d be fighting for the top 2. Dutch managers outside of Holland are really hard to assess. Cocu might be a complete flop outside of Holland as a manager like Frank De Boer and his time at Fenerbache was a disaster. Alternatively he could be a Ronald Koeman standard manager. I guess the coming months we will see

There is a difference between giving youth players a chance and chucking them out like lambs to the slaughter.

Bit confused what we’re trying to do here, in a local Derby you’re best off to just go for a win. It’s very rarely a game you can use as a learning opportunity, it’s a poo game where only the result matters. You’re either a hero or a villain, it’s pretty intense for players just starting off their professional careers. You can chuck a youth player in there but not half the ducking U23’s.

Just an ill judged lineup but let’s see what we can do in the second half.

If things don't improve, Cuco will need a win on Saturday. Most fans will accept a cup defeat from a weakened side, as long as it helps the league form. Dropping to about 20th won't help things, but a win to take us back into the top half and tonight will be forgotten.

1 minute ago, Saity said:

Young Buchanan is having a nightmare and booked ..changes at HT ...Cocu will see who’s ready to step up and it’s game experience for these youngsters but expect better from the more experienced players 2 crosses 2 goals 

Exactly and sometimes as a player you learn more when it goes wrong rather than right 

Well done Phillip - a real tactical master stroke playing a reserve team against our biggest rivals. That’s really going to boost our youngsters confidence going forward isn’t it? 

I don’t expect much from what is now a bang average squad in transition, but I expect our strongest side to be put out against the red scum. 

I hope Cocu starts getting a grip because so far I’ve seen literally nothing to suggest he knows what the duck he is doing.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

If things don't improve, Cuco will need a win on Saturday. Most fans will accept a cup defeat from a weakened side, as long as it helps the league form. Dropping to about 20th won't help things, but a win to take us back into the top half and tonight will be forgotten.

It's August

This is poor from Cocu, no matter how you spin it. 

A battering at Forest isn’t going to do anything for our young players confidence.

We’ve only registered 1 win in the league so far and needed to try and gain some momentum, beating your local rivals can kickstart a season. 

All tonight will do is deflate the squad even further, losing to your bitter rivals hurts no Matter the occasion, should have played 80-90% our strongest side. 

Cant wait to go to work in the middle of Nottingham city centre tomorrow, nice one Phil

2 minutes ago, Davide said:

doesn't matter. Play to win the match. Hate fielding weakened teams. Do well in cups. Like Lampard did last year. 

I agree, play a strong team and get some momentum going for the league. A spanking tonight by Forest will do nothing for confidence or morale at the club. I've always disliked this idea of fielding a second XI

Just now, Derbados said:

This is poor from Cocu, no matter how you spin it. 

A battering at Forest isn’t going to do anything for our young players confidence.

We’ve only registered 1 win in the league so far and needed to try and gain some momentum, beating your local rivals can kickstart a season. 

All tonight will do is deflate the squad even further, losing to your bitter rivals hurts no Matter the occasion, should have played 80-90% our strongest side. 

Cant wait to go to work in the middle of Nottingham city centre tomorrow, nice one Phil

I'd try getting a job in Derby mate?

Archived