v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

4 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

People realise there’s a massive difference between Forest away on Sky and a game like Reading/Cardiff at home right? 

It’s possible to want the youth to get a chance and not want them chucked out in one of the most hostile, high pressured games you can play in.

If they are going to play for our first team then Forest away is a game they’ll have to play. 

The cup final they played against Arsenal was a bigger game than this.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Justa said:

I think there is a difference between expressing slight concern over how things are going and calling for his head ?

Sure is, but there are idiots on here saying our next game is a must win game and there are numerous people throwing tantrums because we've played a weakened team in the Carabao cup. There is at least one poster on here who has suggested he will be out the door soon.

4 minutes ago, Saity said:

Get s grip mate Cocu has been here a couple of months ...he’s giving youngsters game time judge him next season because I think we’ll have a good young team ...stop panicking !!! 

Hope you’re right mate, because so far his decision making seems to me to leave a lot to be desired. Literally no other Derby manager of recent times would have played a reserve team like this in a game like this. Exceptionally naive at best.

Promoting the best youngsters is one thing, picking an entire reserve side is just wierd.

what is he going to learn from that?

he'll need something stronger than Diet Coke tonight.

Just now, Jayram said:

Hope you’re right mate, because so far his decision making seems to me to leave a lot to be desired. Literally no other Derby manager of recent times would have played a reserve team like this in a game like this. Exceptionally naive at best.

And literally no other manager has got us promoted or won us a cup, so that argument doesnt hold much weight does it?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Give youth a chance. Yes. But play them in a team with experience to help them out. I can't think that Hughes and Hendrick played because they were youth, but because they were good.

Into a team with experience? We have 8 first team squad members starting & 3 youth, pretty well balanced in terms of youth to experienced there

'But it's Forest!'

So what? There will always be another game to rectify the ever changing balance (because we play them ALL THE ducking TIME). Most people can't remember the scores from the previous few seasons anyway.

Cocu has barely had any time with this squad, has been tasked with introducing Academy players and does not have Wilson's free kicks to make him look better than he is.

Also, and this is going to be controversial, I've never even understood why Forest and Derby are rivals. Because we've all been told they are since birth? *runs for cover*

Just now, RamNut said:

Promoting the best youngsters is one thing, just picking an entire reserve side is just wierd.

Giving them a chance to play their way into the first team and also keep fit. Evans, Bennett, Clarke, Paterson at a minimum are players who are on the verge and at the very least will need game time to stay fresh. 

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Into a team with experience? We have 8 first team squad members starting & 3 youth, pretty well balanced in terms of youth to experienced there

Squad players. Seriously you'd be happy with this team on Saturday. I wouldn't.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Sure is, but there are idiots on here saying our next game is a must win game and there are numerous people throwing tantrums because we've played a weakened team in the Carabao cup. There is at least one poster on here who has suggested he will be out the door soon.

Fair enough - that’s going a bit far !

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

People realise there’s a massive difference between Forest away on Sky and a game like Reading/Cardiff at home right? 

It’s possible to want the youth to get a chance and not want them chucked out in one of the most hostile, high pressured games you can play in.

A sensible comment in sea of absolute dross (although the match isn't on Sky).

I don't see the benefit in playing a team that hasn't played as a team; we should have played the team that played Saturday with 2-3 changes at most.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Promoting the best youngsters is one thing, just picking an entire reserve side is just wierd.

Yup, it’s bizarre. 

Feel sorry for the fans that spent hard earned money to sit there and watch a weakened team get mullered. 

Has to be a positive result on Saturday 

The thing that worries me is that these players are trying to get in the first team. And none of them appear to be taking that chance.

We also seem to have a serious lack of goalscorers at the club. Its worrying but not yet time to slash wrists.

12 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

But he is employed to pick a team capable of winning the game. Forest are not Scunthorpe

He's been employed to get us out of the Championship (eventually) and develop our youth. No way has he been employed to lift the prestigious Carabao Cup.

Also just to point out to the absolute wet lettuces who are throwing a wobbly, Forest have sent their reserves out too. It just so happens that their squad is a lot deeper than ours.

Archived