v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

Just now, LazloW said:

Why is it that people seem quite happy to talk about patience, transition, blooding youth, so on and so forth before the season starts and then completely lose their **** when we lose a game or two.

We’d all be chuffed to bits if we’d won the first 5 games, but I think it’s a bit soon to be losing faith with the manager.  

Because people are happy to sign up for a 'Transition Season' on paper, but not in reality. 

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I agree with you, but sending out the kids, some of whom have hardly any first team experience straight into a Forest away game isn’t developing anything, could possibly regress some of our players psychologically if we end up on the end of 5-0

Sure but those kids are part of the best u18s side in the country. If they're psychologically strong enough to win the league and play for the various England youth sides then I'm sure they'll be fine after this.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And literally no other manager has got us promoted or won us a cup, so that argument doesnt hold much weight does it?

Not sure what your point is. Like I say, no other Rams manager would have put this team out. Every game against the red dogs means something to a Rams fan - it’s not a game to give the youth or the second string a run out in. Piss poor decision making by Cocu.

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Really, were there 25,000 Forest fans screaming at them during that game?

Okay so when is a good time for our youth players to play an adult away game then? I would suggest an away game in the cup has less pressure on it than any away league game regardless of whether it is Forest or not. 

Personally I think players like Sibley would absolutely relish something like this. A Derby fan, making his debut at the City Ground? He’ll be loving it.

4 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

We made 8 changes and our average age is younger than yours.

So you should care ? 

Long way to go yet though. 

We might as well have played our ladies team ?

Anyway........er......er.......oh baalocks.......i can't even think of a clever riposte

16 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Hope you’re right mate, because so far his decision making seems to me to leave a lot to be desired. Literally no other Derby manager of recent times would have played a reserve team like this in a game like this. Exceptionally naive at best.

Why is it naive?? His remit was to promote youngsters and how can Cocu judge youngsters? by watching under23 games ?? He will have a good young Derby side but it will take time 

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

My main disappointment is that Martin isnt in the squad again, much prefer him to be our 3rd choice striker over Bennett

Martin is finished as a Derby player ,as been for over two years now its as boring as is were in Transition for the last 4 years

Archived