v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Can't believe it, on my hols, thought would pop in see how we are doing only to discover that losing at half time in the cup means our season is over.

Bugger.

8 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

There is a difference between giving youth players a chance and chucking them out like lambs to the slaughter.

Bit confused what we’re trying to do here, in a local Derby you’re best off to just go for a win. It’s very rarely a game you can use as a learning opportunity, it’s a poo game where only the result matters. You’re either a hero or a villain, it’s pretty intense for players just starting off their professional careers. You can chuck a youth player in there but not half the ducking U23’s.

Just an ill judged lineup but let’s see what we can do in the second half.

This. I thought Cocu wanted to win every game. Hoped the Fenerbache debacle would have wised him up.

Great we are playing the youth and we were never going to win this cup.  We are being out muscled, and there is a lack of midfield to keep the ball.  Remain committed to developing our youth but this is not enjoyable to watch.  I am at the game and can’t see us scoring.....Am sure Cocu will change it at half time - he has done when we have underperformed and we nearly pulled off a miracle v Brizzle City.  Come on you rams (and Cocu).

Just now, GenBr said:

Jesus Christ - I am firmly in the play your strongest side regardless of competition camp, but those of you about to jump off a bridge or calling for Cocus head need to relax a bit. Who cares if we go out of this cup - we don't even get any prize money unless we get to the semi finals. Its Forest yes, but I will take them knocking us out of both cup competitions if it means we can finally get promoted.

I think there is a difference between expressing slight concern over how things are going and calling for his head ?

7 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Well done Phillip - a real tactical master stroke playing a reserve team against our biggest rivals. That’s really going to boost our youngsters confidence going forward isn’t it? 

I don’t expect much from what is now a bang average squad in transition, but I expect our strongest side to be put out against the red scum. 

I hope Cocu starts getting a grip because so far I’ve seen literally nothing to suggest he knows what the duck he is doing.

Get s grip mate Cocu has been here a couple of months ...he’s giving youngsters game time judge him next season because I think we’ll have a good young team ...stop panicking !!! 

Honestly get a ducking grip some of you. Some of you last year were blaming Lampard for playing his first team in the line ups and claimed it ultimately cost us. Cocu comes in and plays a second string team and next thing you know he should be playing his first team. There is no winning with our fans. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Too many thinking about getting stick from Forest fans (who cares really?) rather than giving young players a shot at first team action. Those moaning about Cocu's team selection would also be the same whingeing if we'd put out the first team and got one or two serious injuries, saying why did he take the risk in a cup match.

The guy can't win.

This!

you beat me to it mate

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Yes and if i was one of them i would be at PP in the morning asking for a refund

On what grounds?

Smartish decision by Cocu. If we put our first xi out tonight and lost, then alarm bells would start ringing and the pressure would be ramped up on everyone.

But if we put a b team out and lose, then whatever the fall out, the match gets discounted in the broader picture and we move on to Saturday with our last result being a draw against WBA.

What I'm sure we we would expect is a brave performance by a young side, which might end in defeat, but in essence would be an acceptable result all things considered.

I do get the issue of playing a weakened side in a local Derby and not trying to get a decent cup run, but I'll go with Cocu on this. Let's focus on getting into the top 6 rather than one off games that don't carry much weight. 

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

spacer.png

Stop being a prima donna and accept that the world does not revolve on Derby beating the idiots.

Cocu needs to get a fix on what our squad is capable of, not false dawns on beating our local clowns.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

spacer.png

Archived