Jordon Ibe

Day

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would take Ibe back 100%, good player last time he was here, serious quality in the final third- tho he did have a tendency to clock off tracking back, certainly at the start last time if I remember rightly. Could probably do with shifting out a winger (flojo?) too if were gonna sign him, but we deffo need an upgrade on the wing. Be surprised if Bournemouth were to loan Ibe out tho, at 23 he’s probably not gonna make it there, would have thought they’d want a perm deal.

Would think the slightly too bizzare to not be true ayew link suggests this won’t happen, even if we looked at him before Cocu thought of going in for ayew. He’ll be decent for boro tho if they decide to move for him

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Ibe played about 25 games and scored about 5 goals. Ince came in and scored double in less games.

The season didn't derail cos of Ibe going, it derailed cos the spine of the team was out injured!

shakira yes GIF

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Ibe played about 25 games and scored about 5 goals. Ince came in and scored double in less games.

The season didn't derail cos of Ibe going, it derailed cos the spine of the team was out injured!

Ince was coming in anyway I thought? Lingard was the Ibe ‘replacement’. Goals don’t tell the whole story, oppositon teams were terrified of Ibe so they tried to double mark him, meaning there was more space for the likes of Martin and Russell to operate in. Birmingham away being the perfect example

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I seem to remember there being 'rumours' that his attitude was poor, no idea if that was true.  I would be happy to have him back.

Yes I believe that to be true. I think Lee Grant was given the task of ensuring his attitude was a little bit better, if I remember correctly. Started off poor for me but was just getting going when he was recalled, inconveniently before the forest game as well. 

28 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

without wanting to argue for the sake of it, I've seen opposition double up on the likes of Teale and Croft, doesn't mean they're good players

I'd managed to completely repress the memory of Lee Croft playing for us, thanks for making me remember ?

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Why would sorting out the Rooney deal stop us moving for Ibe? 

Silly, Alan. 

Because absolutely everybody who is involved with bringing players to Derby is tied up with the Rooney deal.

We’ve currently got Richard Keogh sat in Nando’s with Ibe, who can’t work out if his killer stare is his normal look, or because Jordon’s just ordered lemon & herb.

2 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

If Middlesbrough are interested all the more reason to get him in

Mel to Gobson on the phone: Hi Steve, I know we've not been best of friends recently but I need a bit of advice. Do loan salaries count towards FFP?

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ibe is out of contract at the end of the season, so I'd imagine a loan is off the cards? I don't know what Bournemouth would want for him, but I'd imagine we would need to buy him. 

Maybe it would be a loan til Jan with the option to buy then? Bournemouth probably would hope Ibe shines out on loan so they can recoup as much of their transfer fee back as possoble.

Cant believe he is still only 23

39 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ibe is out of contract at the end of the season, so I'd imagine a loan is off the cards? I don't know what Bournemouth would want for him, but I'd imagine we would need to buy him. 

There a bit stuck there, if no one wants to buy then they will be forced to loan out similar to Derby with Butterfield  

These deals all usually take some time so I’d be very surprised if we lost out on Ibe because we’re too busy with Rooney. More likely we don’t have the dosh to spend on Ibe now. ‘Nowt wrong with that. Gotta keep them plates spinning. 

I’d take Ibe, obvs. Decent player and a decent lad I’ve heard. 

Ibe was taken back by Liverpool because he was really playing well for us after a slow start hence why they recalled him but since then he's looked quite poor at Bournemouth...not sure about this one 

Archived