Jordon Ibe

David

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

He was put on to help Bogle defend, which he did admirably. 

Yes I agree defensively he did v well 

my discussion with Roy mac was around who gave more to the team in an attacking Sense and my point was that joflo contributed to the result and isn’t interchangeable with AN other non discript player .... in that game at least 

Unspectacularly effective I’d say 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Mason came on with 10 mins to go. Hardly received the ball so physically couldn’t do much. FloJo was awful and if you think he’s our answer to RW then you’re deluded mate. Bennett all day over him

I never said he was the answer mate

what i said  was that he gave us an important outlet as his pace meant they kept having to double up on him meaning there was space created for the likes of Lawrence and Dowell to exploit 

people that understand the game would notice this 

That space that Lawrence kept finding himself in Didn’t just make itself u know 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

what i said  was that he gave us an important outlet as his pace meant they kept having to double up on him meaning there was space created for the likes of Lawrence and Dowell to exploit 

We had lots of space and time because we did ok and mainly because Huddersfield had no idea what they were doing 

Anyway, i’d Be happy to Ibe in the squad.

ran in to traffic, late decision making, not bright, but it was what, 3 years ago ?

Thing is he had that change of pace that can change games and leave defences trailing in a wake, he was terrifying, looked like he was flat out and fast and then he had a turbo that kicked in it was afterburners time .... it’s a rare thing and if he’s learned a bit of football over the last few years he could be deadly on the wing 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Josefzoon didn’t create the space for Lawrence ?. If you’ve actually watched him play you’d be able to see that he can’t get past defenders. Whether that be skill wise or pace wise, he’s not quite there. I’d argue the space was created my Huddlestone who frequently had a couple players around him to prevent creativity, allowing Dowell and Lawrence to get into open spaces where those players should’ve been. 

But what do I know? I don’t understand the game 

2 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

You'd have got better odds of this happening rather than Rooney 2 days ago, mind you may be not with 32Red...

A week ago you could have pretty much got any odds you wanted on Rooney coming here. Can Rooney put the cones out at U23 matches from October to Jan 1st? He would strictly be unemployed but could surely do something eg an interview every five minutes, Guest on RamsTV. Watch all the training. Sign autographs. Give him a three month contract as a coach for five quid a week. It is only playing that he cannot do. Can he train with our players as a trialist? Which team game would potentially be his debut?

24 minutes ago, Rampage said:

A week ago you could have pretty much got any odds you wanted on Rooney coming here. Can Rooney put the cones out at U23 matches from October to Jan 1st? He would strictly be unemployed but could surely do something eg an interview every five minutes, Guest on RamsTV. Watch all the training. Sign autographs. Give him a three month contract as a coach for five quid a week. It is only playing that he cannot do. Can he train with our players as a trialist? Which team game would potentially be his debut?

Don’t get it. He’s going to be playing for DC Utd until jan. It’s a lot of travelling for him to be putting out cones and signing autographs for 5 quid a week 

23 minutes ago, Rampage said:

No wonder Trialist scored so many for the u23s!  It was Wayne 'chuffing' Rooney.  And it was one hell of a disguise too, hats off!

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

Don’t get it. He’s going to be playing for DC Utd until jan. It’s a lot of travelling for him to be putting out cones and signing autographs for 5 quid a week 

DC season ends in October, I thought. Maybe still employed until Jan. Never thought of that.

33 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Five no can do, 32 is ok. You should know by now! ?

34 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Thought he was going back to DC to see the season out which finishes Oct/Nov depending if they reach the play-offs then he has finished with them. He can't sign for us until January, He will need time in the U.S to get personal matters sorted and settled back over here but there is nothing to stop him training with us until January

5 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Thought he was going back to DC to see the season out which finishes Oct/Nov depending if they reach the play-offs then he has finished with them. He can't sign for us until January, He will need time in the U.S to get personal matters sorted and settled back over here but there is nothing to stop him training with us until January

I thought he was seeing out his coaching badge in the States?

6 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Josefzoon didn’t create the space for Lawrence ?. If you’ve actually watched him play you’d be able to see that he can’t get past defenders. Whether that be skill wise or pace wise, he’s not quite there. I’d argue the space was created my Huddlestone who frequently had a couple players around him to prevent creativity, allowing Dowell and Lawrence to get into open spaces where those players should’ve been. 

But what do I know? I don’t understand the game 

And why was Huddlestone more effective (first half) and getting on the ball .... because he had space ..... why did he have space ... because we had a wideman who actually stayed wide giving him and others space in the middle and not condensing the play, it was a deliberate tactic and I thought joflo played it in a disciplined If unspectacular way 

Just Have to agree to disagree mate 

7 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We had lots of space and time because we did ok and mainly because Huddersfield had no idea what they were doing 

We made the pitch wide by having a wideman on the pitch who actually stayed wide 

last season Wilson and Lawrence would more often than not constantly drop inside and our width came from our full backs, but that meant having control of the ball in midfield 

Monday night, this was a very deliberate tactic by cocu as they highlighted on sky 

but hey it’s all about opinions isn’t it 

And why was Huddlestone more effective (first half) and getting on the ball .... because he had space ..... why did he have space ... because we had a wideman who actually stayed wide giving him and others space in the middle and not condensing the play, it was a deliberate tactic and I thought joflo played it in a disciplined If unspectacular way 

Just Have to agree to disagree mate 

I don't think Josefzoon had a good game personally but I do agree that the one good aspect of his game was his running off the ball. I noticed him make  a great run in the second half which wasn't seen at all. There was also one time when he was caught off-side and IMO shouldn't have been because he was widest right and had a clear view across the back-line.

I think there's a good attacking player in him but he's badly lacking confidence going forward. I keep willing him to 'have a go' at the last man when he receives it wide. I'm hoping he can score a goal or two to raise his confidence levels - his mojoflo!

It's also important to remember that, in good teams, not everyone has a great game every match. Monday night was a great team performance and Josefzoon played his part - he didn't have the best of games but he worked his socks off. Cocu would have taken him off far earlier if he hadn't been happy with him.

9 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yes I agree defensively he did v well 

my discussion with Roy mac was around who gave more to the team in an attacking Sense and my point was that joflo contributed to the result and isn’t interchangeable with AN other non discript player .... in that game at least 

Unspectacularly effective I’d say 

My opinion is that Bennett has a lot going for him and needs a good solid run in the team to master how to put his qualities into effect, a bit like Dean Sturridge did under Smith/McClaren. I'm not convinced by Josefzoon, but still hold hope that he has something there, technically however, he looks quite average, his control isn't that good and his kicking/striking/passing technique looks quite weak to me. Bennett on the other hand looks technically excellent with the ball at his feet, although the other night, he did have one bounce off both ankles and to an opponent! He very rarely misplaces a pass, and has power running with the ball. His striking technique is very good too. 

I think had it been switched, Bennett starting, he'd have done a lot more offensively than Josefzoon, he's a very positive player.

We made the pitch wide by having a wideman on the pitch who actually stayed wide 

last season Wilson and Lawrence would more often than not constantly drop inside and our width came from our full backs, but that meant having control of the ball in midfield 

Monday night, this was a very deliberate tactic by cocu as they highlighted on sky 

but hey it’s all about opinions isn’t it 

Yes I agree but Huddersfield were fairly clueless unlike most normal championship sides

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

My opinion is that Bennett has a lot going for him and needs a good solid run in the team to master how to put his qualities into effect, a bit like Dean Sturridge did under Smith/McClaren. I'm not convinced by Josefzoon, but still hold hope that he has something there, technically however, he looks quite average, his control isn't that good and his kicking/striking/passing technique looks quite weak to me. Bennett on the other hand looks technically excellent with the ball at his feet, although the other night, he did have one bounce off both ankles and to an opponent! He very rarely misplaces a pass, and has power running with the ball. His striking technique is very good too. 

I think had it been switched, Bennett starting, he'd have done a lot more offensively than Josefzoon, he's a very positive player.

I agree and Bennett Andy Bogle link up very well together 

Archived