Jordon Ibe

David

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Sounds like this link is baalocks then, no surprise from Nixon. Two signings to come in yet by the sounds of things, RW and CM

Do you think we need another central midfielder? I think between Evans and shinies and bielek etc along with huddlestone and others we would be ok there? Surely a gk is higher priority ?‍♂️

10 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Do you think we need another central midfielder? I think between Evans and shinies and bielek etc along with huddlestone and others we would be ok there? Surely a gk is higher priority ?‍♂️

After naming those players you have, I'd say we definitely need another central midfielder. Those 3 are more defensive minded players. I think we will be crying out for another attack minded player during games this season along side dowell.  

4 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

After naming those players you have, I'd say we definitely need another central midfielder. Those 3 are more defensive minded players. I think we will be crying out for another attack minded player during games this season along side dowell.  

I think rooney will play the attacking role with dowell,  and I think Duane Holmes will play there too? 

23 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Most of the players you’ve listed there are CDM not CM. We’re sorted there with bielik and Huddlestone (Evans is more CB now I’d say), and that’s not even mentioning Thorne and bird but in the more advanced two positions we only really have Shinnie, Holmes and Dowell. That’s one short for me, we need someone to compete with Holmes to play alongside dowell for me. 

Must say that I still think we need a new first choice GK as well mind. I’d say we need 3 signings not two

9 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I think rooney will play the attacking role with dowell,  and I think Duane Holmes will play there too? 

Yep Duane Holmes is brilliant and i did forget about him. However, still feel like we could do with another, unless Sibley is ready

7 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Yep Duane Holmes is brilliant and i did forget about him. However, still feel like we could do with another, unless Sibley is ready

I think we're ok for CM, especially if we can make it to Jan without any significant injury problems. Dowell and Holmes both provide creativity and Shinnie looks like he might be utilised as a box to box type player. Sibley and Knight are highly rated and we have good cover for the DM role as mentioned in previous posts.

If the Huddersfield line-up is anything to go by then I think we need more wide options as Lawrence looked good in that free role in behind Waghorn. I think Cocu might even like to have a front 4 that could interchange through the game.

1 hour ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Thought Jozefzoon did ok tbh. Wasn’t outstanding but wasn’t terrible. Occasionally sloppy in possession but so was Evans and malone. He’s never really had a proper run of games in the team to get going. No reason why he couldn’t settle and improve given the opportunity. 

FloJo has a case of the "Kenny Millers", where it looks like he's running his fastest, but he actually isn't moving. I was surprised just how slow his sprint is. Wouldn't be surprised if Huddlestone can beat him over 20yds!

36 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Yeah in an ideal world we could do with another , if we couldn't only have the rumoured 2 more transfers I'd personally go with a 1st choice GK and a winger ?‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

FloJo has a case of the "Kenny Millers", where it looks like he's running his fastest, but he actually isn't moving. I was surprised just how slow his sprint is. Wouldn't be surprised if Huddlestone can beat him over 20yds!

That's a bit disingenuous about one of our existing players Mostyn....bordering on the disloyal me thinks.....

21 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I was thinking similarly: "Wasn't he faster?" For such a low level of strength, you should be at least fast and agile... 

Maybe it's the start of the season as all the players looked knackered at the end. Fitness issues should get better over time.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

That's a bit disingenuous about one of our existing players Mostyn....bordering on the disloyal me thinks.....

sadly not. This isn't an easily improved attribute, like "marking", "passing", "ball control", or "dribbling". I assume you're trying to cleverly refer back to my comments about people willing to write Max Lowe off (based upon playing for Aberdeen)?

Nice try, but very different indeed, at FloJo's age, he's not going to get faster at sprinting. His crossing can improve, as can his all-round game, and I hope it does.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No I said A N Other could do as good a job, and yes I think even Blackman could have stood wide, drifted about a bit and contributed a bit could have done as much. We need better than FloJo, tbh I'd rather Bennett played there.

Lol the irony is I thought Bennett was pretty dreadful when he came on, don’t think he got the ball under control once 

still love him but wasnt his finest cameo 

51 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

sadly not. This isn't an easily improved attribute, like "marking", "passing", "ball control", or "dribbling". I assume you're trying to cleverly refer back to my comments about people willing to write Max Lowe off (based upon playing for Aberdeen)?

Nice try, but very different indeed, at FloJo's age, he's not going to get faster at sprinting. His crossing can improve, as can his all-round game, and I hope it does.

Oh, I think that hit the back of the net just like Lawrence on Monday Mostyn......

51 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Lol the irony is I thought Bennett was pretty dreadful when he came on, don’t think he got the ball under control once 

Still showed more intent than FloJo even if it wasn't his finest cameo. FloJo would not be missed even if Anya replaced him!

53 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

We hardly had the ball after he came on, he did was what needed of him in a defensive role.

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still showed more intent than FloJo even if it wasn't his finest cameo. FloJo would not be missed even if Anya replaced him!

Not really, due to how the game was when he came on I don’t think mason got over the halfway line, where as joflo was an outlet ...involved in one of the goals 

mase ran around a lot usually after his first touch or had given it away 

theres no way mase has more influence on that game than joflo, not a cat in hells ... it was about as poor a cameo as he could have given in terms of ball retention ... when we needed it most 

love him ... but that wasn’t him at his best

if ur talking about AN other body to run around chasing after their first touch then someone other than Bennett could have done that 

as for anya, what’s he on about 2 assists in 2/3 seasons ???

Have to agree to disagree I think 

I’m not saying flojo was anything special but am recognising the job he did.

We do need AN other though as I’m not convinced we have anywhere near enough magic in the wide areas to unpick a well drilled back line 

Archived