Jordon Ibe

David

20 minutes ago, Saity said:

Ibe was taken back by Liverpool because he was really playing well for us after a slow start hence why they recalled him but since then he's looked quite poor at Bournemouth...not sure about this one 

Ince has been complete tosh every time he's been in the prem, but I'd still take him every day while we're in the Championship - he constantly pulls up numbers down here.

The gap between the PL and the Championship is big enough now that its unfair to judge a player based on their lack of production in the former. I'd take Ibe back, I think.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Ince has been complete tosh every time he's been in the prem, but I'd still take him every day while we're in the Championship - he constantly pulls up numbers down here.

The gap between the PL and the Championship is big enough now that its unfair to judge a player based on their lack of production in the former. I'd take Ibe back, I think.

Find it completely bonkers when people say they don’t want a player because they struggled in the premier league, whilst we are in the championship.

15 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Find it completely bonkers when people say they don’t want a player because they struggled in the premier league, whilst we are in the championship.

Its not that bonkers ...Ibe's control has been quite poor when I've seen him play and your ball control should be the same whatever division you're in ....he has pace and could do well in the championship but seems to have gone downhill you might be right and maybe a good season in a lower division may help get his confidence back but all i was saying is he's looked quite poor regarding the  basics side to his game ....maybe confidence ? I wouldn't pay a lot of money for him

15 minutes ago, Saity said:

Its not that bonkers ...Ibe's control has been quite poor when I've seen him play and your ball control should be the same whatever division you're in ....he has pace and could do well in the championship but seems to have gone downhill you might be right and maybe a good season in a lower division may help get his confidence back but all i was saying is he's looked quite poor regarding the  basics side to his game ....maybe confidence ? I wouldn't pay a lot of money for him

You’ve backed your point up which is fair enough ? a lot that say things like that don’t. 

I can only remember  seeing Ibe maybe a couple of times in highlights for Bournemouth. One time he looked fairly bright, the other he didn’t really do anything.

just his pace would be an asset though, as we really don’t have any.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Ibe would get a lot of love here, so I think it would be a good deal for all parties. I think it would still be quite expensive though. 

Yes, covering the wages he was on as a kid at Liverpool will be very different from covering the wages of a £15m premiership player.

There must be an Ibe equivalent in Holland available for a fraction of the wage cost

Did really well at the end of his loan here, I remember having a slow start but Liverpool recalled him just as he hit top gear. Seems to have stalled in his progress but think he’d be a better option than zoon. Has anyone watched him a lot or understand what’s happened to him? What are Bournemouth fans saying?

1 minute ago, LERam said:

Did really well at the end of his loan here, I remember having a slow start but Liverpool recalled him just as he hit top gear. Seems to have stalled in his progress but think he’d be a better option than zoon. Has anyone watched him a lot or understand what’s happened to him? What are Bournemouth fans saying?

Inconsistent seems to be the theme. 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Inconsistent seems to be the theme. 

Yeah just been reading through the comments since posting. Still think he’d be better than what we have, a reunion could be good for both parties

16 minutes ago, LERam said:

Zoon without being outstanding was intricle to the result 

he gave us a constant outlet and for those that paid attention would see that he constantly took two players out,one going to face him and another one doubling up on him and because he reccylcled the ball generally well and quickly it gave Lawrence (effectively) and Dowell (less effectively) the space to exploit 

he gave it away a few times cheaply .. as they all did at times but he was just as important in that win as anyone else 

Not sure why he’s seems to be singled out for so much Criticism tbh ... he did a job 

I was far more disappointed with mase when he came on, we all love him and rightly so but I don’t think he got the ball under once 

8 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

he gave us a constant outlet and for those that paid attention would see that he constantly took two players out,one going to face him and another one doubling up on him and because he reccylcled the ball generally well and quickly it gave Lawrence (effectively) and Dowell (less effectively) the space to exploit 

he gave it away a few times cheaply .. as they all did at times but he was just as important in that win as anyone else 

Not sure why he’s seems to be singled out for so much Criticism tbh ... he did a job 

I was far more disappointed with mase when he came on, we all love him and rightly so but I don’t think he got the ball under once 

Maybe, I’d have to watch it back. To be honest when I’m watching Derby with my stresshead on it’s difficult to analyse the game as well. 

Either way I still think we are short a winger. I do like Mason but I don’t think he’s top level quality, if he was to leave tomorrow on a free I think it would be the lower champ clubs looking to take him on. 

He did that, but then A N Other body stood out on the wing would have too. He didn't go past a player, put one cross over and how many forward passes? Not many I bet.

He needs to start scoring and assisting then, attacking players will be judges on how well they attack and at the minute he isn't pulling up any trees

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He did that, but then A N Other body stood out on the wing would have too. He didn't go past a player, put one cross over and how many forward passes? Not many I bet.

If it’s jist AN body we need then let’s just get nick Blackman back shall we lol

His pace scared them, hence they had double up on them and pull people out 

He was involved in the second goal... but the pass went backwards so does that not count ? ? 

as in keep with the rest of his game in that instance he moved the ball quickly, granted it was just a little lay off, I thought he was efficient without being outstanding. 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

If it’s jist AN body we need then let’s just get nick Blackman back shall we lol

His pace scared them, hence they had double up on them and pull people out 

He was involved in the second goal... but the pass went backwards so does that not count ? ? 

as in keep with the rest of his game in that instance he moved the ball quickly, granted it was just a little lay off, I thought he was efficient without being outstanding. 

No I said A N Other could do as good a job, and yes I think even Blackman could have stood wide, drifted about a bit and contributed a bit could have done as much. We need better than FloJo, tbh I'd rather Bennett played there.

Archived