Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gisby said:

I must be missing something because I’ve never really rated Lowe much more than a bang average squad player. On the pitch at least I put him and Bennett (until he left) in the same bracket i.e. seemed to have been around for ages but never managed to make the step up to the point neither made a position in the first XI their own. Flattered to deceive I’m afraid IMO. 

This.

Completely agree. Only played so many games this year due to injuries to other players.

Anything more than £1m is great business.

Wish we’d seen more of him in a Derby shirt but a hell of a move for Max. Him and Bogle at Sheff Utd will be class, I’m sure they’ll move in together and will fare a lot better going through the same experience together.

Excited to see how they get on but even more excited to see how we spend the incoming money. Don’t know about anyone else but I don’t have a clue who we’ll spend it on.

Best for Lowe would probably be the exact opposite of what he's done. Get a couple of seasons playing week in week out in the championship or SPL and develop himself. It can't really be any footballers dream to sit on the bench and turn out for the under 23s. 

As it is I can't see him making more than 5 appearances for them. Expect him to spend most of his contract bouncing around on loan. I wish him the best, but I can't help feeling he was from that previous era where we took talented youngsters and somehow halted their development, and as such he will never be more than a mid-table championship player.

Bogle on the other hand may well flourish in cameos. As long as he isn't asked to do too much defending, he will definitely catch some attention. Can see a continental move for him at some point. 

Archived