Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rammy03 said:

That's obviously not want I meant. We don't want to be producing these players just to constantly sell them on. People admire Brentford for doing the same thing yet where are they? Still in the championship.

How do YOU know which is which?

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

That's obviously not want I meant. We don't want to be producing these players just to constantly sell them on. People admire Brentford for doing the same thing yet where are they? Still in the championship.

Every club is a selling club at this level (and higher up the food chain too). It's far, far better to have a conveyor belt of quality coming from our own system where we can cash in on an asset every so often to fund squad improvement than be lumbered with an aging squad of no marks with no real value (Sheff Weds).

Until we reach the Prem this will always be the reality.

Wish Max all the best, he was our best full back option for me.  Far more technically proficient than many on here give him credit for but suffered because Derby have been a short team collectively for a while.  That has meant that as a team we've been far too susceptible aerially.

I'm 6'5" and have stood next to Fwank and the team in the tunnel two years ago.  I towered over the lot of them.  When you look down the tunnel it's bleeding obvious, the opposition have three or four at my height, we had at that point Keogh who was 6'2" on his tip toes and Fik above 6'0".  Yes Lowe went to Aberdeen that year but the same problem remained last year.

Anyway I digress, Sheff Utd don't have the same deficiencies and I can see Lowe flourishing.  I hope he does.

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Wish Max all the best, he was our best full back option for me.  Far more technically proficient than many on here give him credit for but suffered because Derby have been a short team collectively for a while.  That has meant that as a team we've been far too susceptible aerially.

I'm 6'5" and have stood next to Fwank and the team in the tunnel two years ago.  I towered over the lot of them.  When you look down the tunnel it's bleeding obvious, the opposition have three or four at my height, we had at that point Keogh who was 6'2" on his tip toes and Fik above 6'0".  Yes Lowe went to Aberdeen that year but the same problem remained last year.

Anyway I digress, Sheff Utd don't have the same deficiencies and I can see Lowe flourishing.  I hope he does.

I loved Bogle when attacking but saw nothing special defensively. Max on the other had was a lovely mover with the ball and sharp without it.  I think he will do very well, they got a bargain if the prices quoted are real. He just looked “right” in some way that I can’t define. ?

43 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Is it? We want to be producing players from the academy to bring them into our first team and be successful. We don't want to become a selling club. 

If you are a championship club you need to sell to survive. You can’t make a profit selling tickets and sponsorship to football games with the wages paid to players at this level. It’s a simple fact. ... so you have to sell .. or have a rich owner who enjoys his hobby .. but even that is limited by ffp .. the academy is the business, our team is a shop window. The Prem are the punters. 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

If you are a championship club you need to sell to survive. You can’t make a profit selling tickets and sponsorship to football games with the wages paid to players at this level. It’s a simple fact. ... so you have to sell .. or have a rich owner who enjoys his hobby .. but even that is limited by ffp .. the academy is the business, our team is a shop window. The Prem are the punters. 

Much of the problem stems from the fact that Chamionship clubs, in a desperate attempt to climb onboard the gravy train that is the Premier League, they have allowed themselves to be dictated to by agents and players into paying ridiculous wages to bang average players. A Championship player anywhere near £30k a week is obscene.

2 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Sounds like Max is having a slight dig in his new interview saying training quality was levels above

I didn’t see it that way at all.

The way it came across to me was the intensity being a higher level due to a higher quality of player/standard, which you’d expect at a PL club. Nothing against the quality coaching at Derby.

16 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

The way it came across to me was the intensity being a higher level due to a higher quality of player/standard, which you’d expect at a PL club. Nothing against the quality coaching at Derby.

Except I thought Cocu was wanting us to up our rate after last season?

53 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Sheffield United are probably one of the highest intensity teams in the country, as well. It's one of Wilder's hallmarks that his style demands consistent high level physical performance and work rate. Don't think it's a dig, just a reflection of that.

Archived