Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

Just now, Rampage said:

Why are the Blades signing a player who cannot keep in our team. Always down to opinions. I think that both will be successful.

Tbf Brentford were interested in Max Lowe for a reason. He is statistically excellent, there is a great player in there, will take the right manager and formation to get the best from him.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheffield United’s current full backs are George Baldock and Enda Stevens.

Their best days were in League One and Two before Wilder got hold of them.

Now they don’t look out of place in the Premier League.

Sheffield United have a defined system, recruit to fit, and elevate the careers of unheralded players. So imagine what Wilder could do with good players like Bogle and Lowe...

£10-15 million for two young players with genuine potential - it could look like a steal in 12-18 months.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Sheffield United’s current full backs are George Baldock and Enda Stevens.

Their best days were in League One and Two before Wilder got hold of them.

Now they don’t look out of place in the Premier League.

Sheffield United have a defined system, recruit to fit, and elevate the careers of unheralded players. So imagine what Wilder could do with good players like Bogle and Lowe...

£10-15 million for two young players with genuine potential - it could look like a steal in 12-18 months.

He’s nobody’s fool Chris Wilder, he clearly knows how to get the best out of his players.

Lets hope we attached a healthy 15-20% sell on clause into the deal, then everyone’s a winner ????

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Football Insider site quoted the £8m for both at 4.07pm today after Lowe had his medical

I don’t believe there is any reliable transfer news to be found on that site.  The Fitsit Insider site is another pushing hard to swallow in/out activity. 

3 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I think they will prove to be bargains for Sheff utd when he plays both to their strengths

Exactly this. Sometimes we as fans we complain about our players but then they go on to be great for other clubs. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to Marriott because if you play to his strengths I truly believe he can be a top striker at this level

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Think we need a replacement as we now have Buchanan (promising) and Forsyth (waning) as main options.

Forsyth is still good enough, in fact when he’s fit he’s up there with the best in the league. Buchanan always looks like he has more about him than Lowe to me too. Seems like he has more natural ability to go by a man and cross it in. I think Lowe sometimes looked predictable. I don’t think we’ve lost anything in Lowe leaving, I’m more concerned about RB as Bogle really was first choice, Wisdom is very good too but can he stay fit all season? Can the academy player behind him play as well as Buchanan?  

3 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Forsyth is still good enough, in fact when he’s fit he’s up there with the best in the league. Buchanan always looks like he has more about him than Lowe to me too. Seems like he has more natural ability to go by a man and cross it in. I think Lowe sometimes looked predictable. I don’t think we’ve lost anything in Lowe leaving, I’m more concerned about RB as Bogle really was first choice, Wisdom is very good too but can he stay fit all season? Can the academy player behind him play as well as Buchanan?  

Wisdom is usually really fit. His circumstances are unique as to why he is not fully fit. We have other more pressing transfer priorities and limited wriggle room with which to work. Give Cocu time - Rome wasn't built in a day!

Buchanan and Fozzy have LB suitably covered. However, we need a new RB/RWB when Bogle leaves. Ebosele's a good 3rd choice, but needs to learn a lot defensively - similar role as Buchanan last season. Wisdom isn't good enough for the wingback role, and I'd be nervous about having him as our only senior RB for a whole season, especially as we'll need him at CB for a high number of games.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Buchanan and Fozzy have LB suitably covered. However, we need a new RB/RWB when Bogle leaves. Ebosele's a good 3rd choice, but needs to learn a lot defensively - similar role as Buchanan last season. Wisdom isn't good enough for the wingback role, and I'd be nervous about having him as our only senior RB for a whole season, especially as we'll need him at CB for a high number of games.

Hit the nail on the head regarding wisdom,  definitely don't feel great having him as out only senior RB in a 46 league season plus Cup games and potential play off games etc,  I really don't see us signing a replacement though when our need for attackers is overwhelming 

Buchanan looked to have beaten Lowe out during the preseason. He was the one getting the lion's share and made his first league start in the last game of last season. I thought he would've started against Reading regardless of whether Lowe was still here or not. I noted on a lot of occasions last season that Cocu's preference is a narrow back 4 - if you have Wisdom and Buchanan at full back then they're both CBs turned full backs. 

I would be surprised to see us sign anyone else as a fullback other than possibly a loan deal. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Buchanan looked to have beaten Lowe out during the preseason. He was the one getting the lion's share and made his first league start in the last game of last season. I thought he would've started against Reading regardless of whether Lowe was still here or not. I noted on a lot of occasions last season that Cocu's preference is a narrow back 4 - if you have Wisdom and Buchanan at full back then they're both CBs turned full backs. 

I would be surprised to see us sign anyone else as a fullback other than possibly a loan deal. 

Whilst you could be right, always worth noting another reason could be that he was angling for a move all pre-season or stalling on a new contract thus forcing our hands. Many possibilities without truly knowing.

Archived