Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

As I’ve said before, all our full backs have been criticised in the last 12 months. I believe it’s largely to do with the system they play in, i.e. narrow starting position with little defensive support, which allowed teams to double up on the outside and put crosses in. When you’re also asking them to support the inside forwards to offer width. It’s the most demanding role in our team by an absolute stretch. 

I think it’s a bit of both tbh 

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why wasn’t he first name on the team sheet at left back under Cocu then or is that irrelevant too??

My god how many times , he played more games at LB than ANY OTHER PLAYER THIS SEASON  what is so hard to understand? If someone plays the most in that position then he is the first name on the team sheet? Come on now this is getting boring , take your forsyth personalised glasses off for crying out loud ??

24 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My gran would do ok playing in the Soggie Pants League ??? Also Lowe isn’t a wing back as he cannot cross the ball. You might argue Lowe is better defensively but Fozzy, Buchanan and Malone are all better offensively. Is it April Fools day ???

if lowe is better defensively then in what way is fozzy ahead of him? Because he's slower than my gran and crosses like my grandpa so ??

Similar to Malone, it was clear we were prepared to sell Lowe to raise funds as soon as Forsyth extended his contract. We'd played Buchanan at the end of last season so Cocu was comfortable using him and we can't afford 3 left backs when we could sell one to generate funds for elsewhere.

I like Lowe but not sure he's that much better than Forsyth and if it allows is to strengthen further forward - great.

As for the fee for Lowe/Bogle. Fair play to Forest getting that amount. If only Villa were in for these two then we'd get overpaid too. How sick must Wolves fans feel seeing how much they got for Doherty in comparison to Cash. Natural for fans to overvalued their own players when it comes to selling them but many of us will have cursed both Lowe and Bogle to the moon and back over the last couple of years.

17 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why wasn’t he first name on the team sheet at left back under Cocu then or is that irrelevant too??

Because he was too busy playing right back!!

Lowe is a good player, could improve a lot given steady playing time in his Actual position. 

The fact our fans are largely disappointed in his sale and that Sheff united want him seems to suggest your opinions are in the minority. 

I wanted to see Lowe make the left back position his but he hasn’t been able to hold it down. He has always been a bit lightweight and I’ll never forget that Leeds game at Elland Road where that winger Clarke ran rings around him. However he did well on loan at Aberdeen so may be a move away will be good for him.

9 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

My god how many times , he played more games at LB than ANY OTHER PLAYER THIS SEASON  what is so hard to understand? If someone plays the most in that position then he is the first name on the team sheet? Come on now this is getting boring , take your forsyth personalised glasses off for crying out loud ??

You mean last season? Lowe made 24 starts and was sub 5 times in the league ? Hardly cemented first choice at left back, bearing in mind Fozzy was still working his way back from a major injury. Final question on the matter from me, why do you think all of our last 3 Managers didn’t play Lowe as our left back every game when fit and also how didn’t he get a regular game out on loan at Shrewsbury, couldn’t oust their first choice left back? Then I think it is a case of just having to agree to disagree ?

2 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

I wanted to see Lowe make the left back position his but he hasn’t been able to hold it down. He has always been a bit lightweight and I’ll never forget that Leeds game at Elland Road where that winger Clarke ran rings around him. However he did well on loan at Aberdeen so may be a move away will be good for him.

SPL is a different kettle of fish than the Championship. But agree, good luck to him. I would be very surprised if he gets much game time there this season. If he does it will be interesting to see how he copes....

That's Lampard and Cocu who he's played under now and neither of them have really taken to him and have him a run.

Who were linked with him last time? Was it Preston? I think it was about £1.5-£2 million?

Right now I don't think he's worth much more than that. Clearly not as good as Bogle (3 years older and played half the games) last year of his contract.

So if we do get £11-£12 million for the pair it's not that bad. Would have liked slightly more for Bogle. But in the current climate it could have been worse.

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

That's Lampard and Cocu who he's played under now and neither of them have really taken to him and have him a run.

Who were linked with him last time? Was it Preston? I think it was about £1.5-£2 million?

Right now I don't think he's worth much more than that. Clearly not as good as Bogle (3 years older and played half the games) last year of his contract.

So if we do get £11-£12 million for the pair it's not that bad. Would have liked slightly more for Bogle. But in the current climate it could have been worse.

I’m starting to think that this deal is structured to get out of paying Swindon. 

Bogle for £10m with a ‘significant’ sell on clause of let’s say 30% (although it could be more) would leave us with £7m. Lowe for £2m would give us £9m profit. 

In a combination deal, you could structure it £10m for Lowe and £2m for Bogle. It gives us £11.4m profit. 

It makes sense. We will probably be back in court with Swindon in a few months. 

If we are only getting 1-2 million for Lowe we should keep him. We won’t be able to replace him for that amount of money and Forsyth as ‘master of the misplaced pass’ isn’t a good replacement.

Bogle on the other hand will generate enough profit to start spending money further up the field.

31 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’m starting to think that this deal is structured to get out of paying Swindon. 

Bogle for £10m with a ‘significant’ sell on clause of let’s say 30% (although it could be more) would leave us with £7m. Lowe for £2m would give us £9m profit. 

In a combination deal, you could structure it £10m for Lowe and £2m for Bogle. It gives us £11.4m profit. 

Its just an idea, i know, but I would hate it if we did that, highly unethical and would damage our reputation.  If we don't deal fairly with other clubs why would they want to do business with us in future? Could come back to haunt us. Imagine if Spurs did this with the rumoured Will Hughes deal? 

12 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

If we are only getting 1-2 million for Lowe we should keep him. We won’t be able to replace him for that amount of money and Forsyth as ‘master of the misplaced pass’ isn’t a good replacement.

Bogle on the other hand will generate enough profit to start spending money further up the field.

Thats a sensible position to take.  Might just be that Buchanan is seen as able to step uo this year. Certainly got a good cross on him judging by yesterdays highlights.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I agree Bogle is better, but I have a feeling they will peak at different ages.

Don’t know why, I just think in 5 years time Lowe will be the better player.

40 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I would be supporting Swindon in that court case if we acted so shabbily.

39 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've seen this a few times now, but I just don't think it would happen. 

Let's say Max is really worth £2m, and probably won't realise that value if sold in future. You'd be asking Sheff Utd to commit to at least £8m P&S losses on Max, to help save us a few quid. On the flip side, they'd make more than expected should they then sell Bogle in future, but it would need to be for more than £12m quid just to wash their face.

No way they'll take that risk, why would they?

Archived