Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

14 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Its just an idea, i know, but I would hate it if we did that, highly unethical and would damage our reputation.  If we don't deal fairly with other clubs why would they want to do business with us in future? Could come back to haunt us. Imagine if Spurs did this with the rumoured Will Hughes deal? 

Imagine trying to negotiate sell ons for Bogle and Lowe, while simultaneously asking Sheff Utd to help cheat another club out of their dues, not going to happen.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We came into this season with 4 left backs AND Shinnie as a 5th option, its no surprise we have moved Malone out and now Lowe

I have always rated Lowe, but it seems like Cocu doesn't and Lampard clearly didn't so perhaps no great loss?

Hopefully Buchanan can step up this season, but cant say I'm 100% convinced so far

15 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

We came into this season with 4 left backs AND Shinnie as a 5th option, its no surprise we have moved Malone out and now Lowe

I have always rated Lowe, but it seems like Cocu doesn't and Lampard clearly didn't so perhaps no great loss?

Hopefully Buchanan can step up this season, but cant say I'm 100% convinced so far

Lampard rated him so lowe [sic] he got his 57 year old mate to play instead

The main reason Lowe didn't make more appearances last season was simply that in some games we needed the extra height and strength of Forsyth against certain opposition.

For all Lowe's strengths (as backed up by the statistics) he's susceptible in the air and not the best at tracking players running behind him (similar to Evans in that regard)

With Bogle being our first choice for RB and them both having the same aerial weakness it could be a risk playing them together - as best evidenced in that awful 3-2 defeat away to Bristol City (compounded by having Wisdom at CB who's also not even close to being dominant in the air) - so it was Lowe who usually dropped out.

9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The main reason Lowe didn't make more appearances last season was simply that in some games we needed the extra height and strength of Forsyth against certain opposition.

For all Lowe's strengths (as backed up by the statistics) he's susceptible in the air and not the best at tracking players running behind him (similar to Evans in that regard)

With Bogle being our first choice for RB and them both having the same aerial weakness it could be a risk playing them together - as best evidenced in that awful 3-2 defeat away to Bristol City (compounded by having Wisdom at CB who's also not even close to being dominant in the air) - so it was Lowe who usually dropped out.

Agree with the height thing totally 

I think another contributing factor was that both bogle and lowe are still raw and at times during a game for all their good things would also have moments where they were a bit brash with the ball.

For me full backs are ur out ball, if ur in midfield and there’s nothing on your full back is ur safety ball.

they in turn in my book should be a wall pass ... consistency with it in terms of usage 

there are players in better higher up positions to try and Meg an opposition player or try a slide rule pass through the lines ... together they were good and bad in equal measure with the ball. 

I think for a position that is considered an out ball cocu will be happy to have a little better retention from There 

I remember admiring how well Brighton’s Bruno played the role 

was the epitome of an out ball option.

always available and always used it intelligently and carefully 

I must be missing something because I’ve never really rated Lowe much more than a bang average squad player. On the pitch at least I put him and Bennett (until he left) in the same bracket i.e. seemed to have been around for ages but never managed to make the step up to the point neither made a position in the first XI their own. Flattered to deceive I’m afraid IMO. 

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Can we not sell them on to whoever to release the funds required for further investment in the squad, with the caveat within the agreed sale that both are loaned straight back ???‍♂️??‍♂️

Doubtful - Wilder wants to bring players in to provide more competition in their current squad

25 minutes ago, Gisby said:

I must be missing something because I’ve never really rated Lowe much more than a bang average squad player. On the pitch at least I put him and Bennett (until he left) in the same bracket i.e. seemed to have been around for ages but never managed to make the step up to the point neither made a position in the first XI their own. Flattered to deceive I’m afraid IMO. 

Think that's a bit harsh. Bennett came into the squad as a raw talent - his problem is he's still that. Lowe has progressed, especially since the time he spent at Aberdeen - I think he'll end up being a backup player for the Blades LB/LBW position.

1 hour ago, Andrew3000 said:

Its just an idea, i know, but I would hate it if we did that, highly unethical and would damage our reputation.  If we don't deal fairly with other clubs why would they want to do business with us in future? Could come back to haunt us. Imagine if Spurs did this with the rumoured Will Hughes deal? 

It wouldn’t be Spurs screwing us in this situation, it’d be Watford and they’ve never had our pants down over anything have they?

31 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think that's a bit harsh. Bennett came into the squad as a raw talent - his problem is he's still that. Lowe has progressed, especially since the time he spent at Aberdeen - I think he'll end up being a backup player for the Blades LB/LBW position.

Probs but it’s borne out of frustration and disappointment in them & for them, that neither have managed to fulfil what was expected of them. I am surprised a prem club is interested in taking Lowe but good luck to him if it sets him up financially, it still doesn’t stop me believing he isn’t that standard and agree a backup squad member Is the best he can hope for. If he’s happy with that fair enough. 

Archived