Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

8 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

But losing both fullbacks in the process? Being stuck with forsyth and buchanan can be the difference between winning and losing just like a forward and winger lol , we all know we desperately need attackers but not at the expense of the defenders , it defeats the object 

I agree but for that sort of money I don't think we can argue with 10 million that will get us a new right back a winger and have money spare towards a striker and as left back goes I think it's covered with fizzy buc and shinnie if need be 

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I agree but for that sort of money I don't think we can argue with 10 million that will get us a new right back a winger and have money spare towards a striker and as left back goes I think it's covered with fizzy buc and shinnie if need be 

Our new back four?

BF919CAE-7EB1-405A-A656-80571D0C4B82.jpeg

I don’t actually mind this transfer if it happens but obviously for a decent enough amount of money with a nice sell on.

lowe hasn’t exactly been first choice at left back or left wing back and I think Buchanan looks better at the attacking aspect whilst needing to improve defensively and Forsyth is still the best defensive left back we have whilst also being being pitched in as cover at central defence and if they are both out of the side Shinnie has played half of his career at left back so we are well stocked even with the expensive Malone now gone.

10 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Is this an early aprils fools joke for next year lol In what way is it debatable if lowe is our first LB? No one in there right mind would put forsyth as our main LB hes been declining for years and buchanan is still young and inexperienced? Wisdom indeed is better defensively but we don't play with defencive right backs we play with wing backs , cocu has even expressed in this week's interview about trying 3-5-2 and 5-3-2 because we have played with wing backs for god knows how long , and wisdom and forsyth are terrible going forward , like I said before yes we are crying out for creativity in the final third but if we have wisdom and forsyth as our wing backs we will then be crying out for creativity from the back as you know cocus way is to play out from the back? I literally feel like some people are just seeing money for attacking players and getting excited completing disregarding what it will do to the fundamental way cocu likes the team to play, im not sure if we are watching the same team ? 

Both Lampard and Cocu played Forsyth over Lowe for periods of their seasons in charge. Lampard even felt the need to sign another left back... 

3 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I dont think he would get another right back though I think he will stay with wisdom and the youngster , wisdom has only played more than 20 games once in his whole time here so im also not sure he can complete a full season so if he gets injured which based on his whole career here is inevitable we will be left with one youngster having to step up and play against the likes of brentford , doesn't fill me with confidence for a 46 game season plus cups etc

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Both Lampard and Cocu played Forsyth over Lowe for periods of their seasons in charge. Lampard even felt the need to sign another left back... 

That was before he had a full season at Aberdeen and has since came back and become a good quality wing back , hence why a prem team are in for him 

3 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I don’t think Cocu will buy a new right back.

14 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

15 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Exactly. If I could give your post multiple likes I would. Hit the nail on the head ??????????????????

I’m not too sure why Lowe is thrown in with Bogle by those saying that he’s a suspect defender, but a good attacker. As the numbers pointed out, he won the most duals of any full back in the championship with players running at him - 82%. A good ratio is around 70%. Luke Ayling, Antonee Robinson and Nathan Byrne were all closer to 60%. 

Max Lowe doesn’t have much attacking flair, he’s a half decent footballer and tidy, but he is a good defender. 

9 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

That was before he had a full season at Aberdeen and has since came back and become a good quality wing back , hence why a prem team are in for him 

My gran would do ok playing in the Soggie Pants League ??? Also Lowe isn’t a wing back as he cannot cross the ball. You might argue Lowe is better defensively but Fozzy, Buchanan and Malone are all better offensively. Is it April Fools day ???

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’m not too sure why Lowe is thrown in with Bogle by those saying that he’s a suspect defender, but a good attacker. As the numbers pointed out, he won the most duals of any full back in the championship with players running at him - 82%. A good ratio is around 70%. Luke Ayling, Antonee Robinson and Nathan Byrne were all closer to 60%. 

Max Lowe doesn’t have much attacking flair, he’s a half decent footballer and tidy, but he is a good defender. 

Isn’t it strange how perceptions and stats don’t match up. 

Roos was one of the stronger keepers in the division statistically but because he’s got crisp packet wrists when punching crosses fans don’t rate him. 

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Real shame to see Max leave. For me he's our best left back. Just got to hope Buchanan is ready to play 30-40 games because I don't think I can cope with Forsyth being any more than a bit part player.

Be careful saying that mate the forsyth fan boys are saying all sorts of cabbage through their rose tinted glasses about lowe to put forsyth on a golden pedestal lol ? 

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Exactly. If I could give your post multiple likes I would. Hit the nail on the head ??????????????????

this is so irrelevant its painful,  lowe was loaned out under lampard hence why he didn't play he can't be at 2 clubs at the same time so he got malone as cover because he didn't trust forsyth as his main LB even with lowe not being here , then he came back under cocu and became better than forsyth by a mile? So how often he played under lampard is just a weak argument for the fact people want money for attackers 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Isn’t it strange how perceptions and stats don’t match up. 

Roos was one of the stronger keepers in the division statistically but because he’s got crisp packet wrists when punching crosses fans don’t rate him. 

As I’ve said before, all our full backs have been criticised in the last 12 months. I believe it’s largely to do with the system they play in, i.e. narrow starting position with little defensive support, which allowed teams to double up on the outside and put crosses in. When you’re also asking them to support the inside forwards to offer width. It’s the most demanding role in our team by an absolute stretch. 

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

this is so irrelevant its painful,  lowe was loaned out under lampard hence why he didn't play he can't be at 2 clubs at the same time so he got malone as cover because he didn't trust forsyth as his main LB even with lowe not being here , then he came back under cocu and became better than forsyth by a mile? So how often he played under lampard is just a weak argument for the fact people want money for attackers 

Why wasn’t he first name on the team sheet at left back under Cocu then or is that irrelevant too??

Archived