Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But it is debatable whether Lowe is our first, second or third best left back and Wisdom is certainly better at defending than Bogle currently is. We need the funds for some creativity and cutting edge further up the field. We are crying out for that. These funds will enable that and not really weaken us defensively ?

Is this an early aprils fools joke for next year lol In what way is it debatable if lowe is our first LB? No one in there right mind would put forsyth as our main LB hes been declining for years and buchanan is still young and inexperienced? Wisdom indeed is better defensively but we don't play with defencive right backs we play with wing backs , cocu has even expressed in this week's interview about trying 3-5-2 and 5-3-2 because we have played with wing backs for god knows how long , and wisdom and forsyth are terrible going forward , like I said before yes we are crying out for creativity in the final third but if we have wisdom and forsyth as our wing backs we will then be crying out for creativity from the back as you know cocus way is to play out from the back? I literally feel like some people are just seeing money for attacking players and getting excited completing disregarding what it will do to the fundamental way cocu likes the team to play, im not sure if we are watching the same team ? 

8 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Is this an early aprils fools joke for next year lol In what way is it debatable if lowe is our first LB? No one in there right mind would put forsyth as our main LB hes been declining for years and buchanan is still young and inexperienced? Wisdom indeed is better defensively but we don't play with defencive right backs we play with wing backs , cocu has even expressed in this week's interview about trying 3-5-2 and 5-3-2 because we have played with wing backs for god knows how long , and wisdom and forsyth are terrible going forward , like I said before yes we are crying out for creativity in the final third but if we have wisdom and forsyth as our wing backs we will then be crying out for creativity from the back as you know cocus way is to play out from the back? I literally feel like some people are just seeing money for attacking players and getting excited completing disregarding what it will do to the fundamental way cocu likes the team to play, im not sure if we are watching the same team ? 

Bizarre post. Are you saying 100% of Rams fans think Lowe is our best left back ? Don’t think so. Cocu obviously doesn’t otherwise he would have picked him more often ?

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bizarre post. Are you saying 100% of Rams fans think Lowe is our best left back ? Don’t think so. Cocu obviously doesn’t otherwise he would have picked him more often ?

Whats bizarre about it? I didn't once say 100% of rams think it , but I would love to hear someone's opinion that thinks forsyth or buchanan belong ahead of him in the line up, he also did play the most games at LB this season 

35 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

We’ve played with wingbacks for 1 x friendly and 1 x League cup match.

We’ve been awful in both games.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We’ve played with wingbacks for 1 x friendly and 1 x League cup match.

We’ve been awful in both games.

but conceded little goals , offensively we have been a lot worse , but also the team has had quite a few youngsters in, so I wouldn't take too much notice into the recent games 

20 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Whats bizarre about it? I didn't once say 100% of rams think it , but I would love to hear someone's opinion that thinks forsyth or buchanan belong ahead of him in the line up, he also did play the most games at LB this season 

I do, quite a few others do on here and Cocu does ?

4 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

but conceded little goals , offensively we have been a lot worse , but also the team has had quite a few youngsters in, so I wouldn't take too much notice into the recent games 

If we don’t score many goals, we’ll be bottom half of the table. That’s for sure. 

3 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

But losing both fullbacks in the process? Being stuck with forsyth and buchanan can be the difference between winning and losing just like a forward and winger lol , we all know we desperately need attackers but not at the expense of the defenders , it defeats the object 

Totally agree. I’d give that multiple likes if I could ???????

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I do, quite a few others do on here and Cocu does ?

I look forward to seeing your opinion when he gets run Ragged on the first day of the season lol , he is clearly past it he looks lost whenever he plays now,  last season lowe was ahead of him in cocu's plans as he was playing way more in the LB role while forsyth was playing cb 

6 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I look forward to seeing your opinion when he gets run Ragged on the first day of the season lol , he is clearly past it he looks lost whenever he plays now,  last season lowe was ahead of him in cocu's plans as he was playing way more in the LB role while forsyth was playing cb 

I've said this a few times - Lowe and Forsyth have different qualities and different strengths - But neither established themselves as the obvious first choice last season - In fact Lowe ended up playing a few games at RB when we needed extra cover

Losing Lowe leaves us with 1 senior LB and one junior LB - Losing Bogle will leave us with one senior RB and one junior RB

Neither Forsyth or Wisdom are dreadful fullbacks - In fact they would get into most teams in the championship - So if we can get enough money for Bogle and Lowe to be able to buy a couple of wingers and a forward it's a no brainer

I like Forsyth, but he is certainly not a permanent answer. Plus he’s cover for centre back which leaves us exposed. Buchanan it’s too early to judge. Perhaps the management rate him highly??? Either way, he’s ok as a back up and as someone who could grow into the role in a couple of years time. Lowe, for me needs another couple of years to grow into the player he could be. He’s not quite done it at Derby as he did at Aberdeen. 

I can’t see why a premier league club would pay even one million plus for him. Maybe a progressive championship club with money would pay that much (eg Watford - once the sell Hughes?)

For me, without Lowe we are much weaker in this position. He’s therefore worth more to us than any potential suitor. I wouldn’t sell. 

6 minutes ago, Malty said:

For me, without Lowe we are much weaker in this position. He’s therefore worth more to us than any potential suitor. I wouldn’t sell. 

If you were invested to the tune of £150m, had no free cash or desire to put in more, you had just borrowed £15/£30m short term secured against assets, you had no certainty of gate income for many months ahead, and were under pressure to comply with draconian profitability regulations and a ruling body who would like nothing better than to hit you with a hefty points deduction, do you not think you might take the best you could get for Lowe and see if Forsyth, Buchanan or indeed Shinnie could do a passable impression of a left back most Saturday afternoons?

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If you were invested to the tune of £150m, had no free cash or desire to put in more, you had just borrowed £15/£30m short term secured against assets, you had no certainty of gate income for many months ahead, and were under pressure to comply with draconian profitability regulations and a ruling body who would like nothing better than to hit you with a hefty points deduction, do you not think you might take the best you could get for Lowe and see if Forsyth, Buchanan or indeed Shinnie could do a passable impression of a left back most Saturday afternoons?

Then don’t let’s pish the money raised up a wall on more Clement-type signings that will just exacerbate our Ffp problems.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I’m afraid I don’t know Derby’s P and L as well as you do. At the end of the day all of that is sunk cash. So you can’t do a lot to get it back. If you’re a championship chairman you should expect to be funding the club, sadly, as all clubs make a loss at our level.

What Mel appears to have done in the past seasons is to break even as best as he can on transfers (I haven’t done the math but I’d imagine that all the transfer fees in would broadly match the fees out). He’s then left in the position of funding our losses on player wages. Which would have dropped significantly over the past two or three years.

I completely take your point on gate money though. That’s a huge blow for Mel and leaves him having to fund the clubs wages for another year as a substitution for gate receipts.

I think your point on FFP Hanging over us (made worse by lower gate income next year) is a better one. Lower income means even with our lower wage bill we could well suffer from these rules in future years (surely the elf needs to give all clubs some respite from this in these times). So we need to substitute our gate receipts for transfer money. 

Our main problem is that behind Bogle we don’t have a saleable asset that will fetch much in this market.

Archived