Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

I'd love Gio but Labbadia is the only realistic one of those three options I feel.

Jokanovic would have been my first choice, Oscar Garcia would be my second. His football at Brighton was some of the most exciting I've seen in this league and it was only because of an unreal Rams performance they didn't go up in my opinion. 

I also wouldn't be totally opposed to Poyet, Bowyer or even Moore.

I know quite a few Brighton fans who couldn't be happier when Hughton was pushed. His brand of football made Rowett's look like total football by the end. Same goes for the Cowley brothers

I remember hughtons Brighton teams playing great football with the likes of Knockaert March Hemed Kayal to name a few. His Norwich and Newcastle sides didn’t play badly either. I think Brighton need to be careful what they wish for. He went more defensive as he thought it was their best chance of staying up. Seem to recall Jim Smith going in the same direction in his 5th season with us.

I would prefer a young manager that will play attractive football and will stick around for at least 2 or 3 years. We can't go back to the older Manager such as Hughton, Pulis or Allardyce playing dull football.

Mikel Arteta would be my choice. I think Guardiola will be at Man City for another 2 or 3 years and he will not stand in his way. if Arteta was approached by Derby. He is familiar with English football and will be aware of our great history and more importantly, our potential with so many promising young players.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

I do wonder if some of the posters suggesting Hughton have watched his teams play, they played brands of Rowettball. 

I really have to disagree; he’s produced some excellent teams at this level and won automatic promotion twice in the last decade - plus another top three finish and another fourth placed finish. He’s also consistently had his teams amongst the highest in terms of goals in the division. 

After promotion, he’s had to adopt a more adaptable approach, but he’s kept promoted teams up. I don’t think we can knock his achievements and to compare him to Rowett is unfair. 

Good manager and a genuinely good guy. The more I think about it, the more I’d want him should Lampard leave. 

I notice Bowyer still hasn't signed a new deal at Charlton.

I suspect that there are a couple of 'done deals' in the pipeline but the formalities have to be followed.

So Frank to Chelski Monday or Tuesday.

Bowyer to Derby Wednesday or Thursday.

Not my first choice, second or third for that matter but...

"The king is dead, long live the king."

Has this already been mentioned? Slavisa Jokanovic has rocked up at Qatar side Al Gharafa. 

The search for Derby’s replacement manager who doesn’t need replacing yet as he’s not left yet as the club haven’t been approached yet and they haven’t started looking for a replacement yet, continues.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

What about that bloke at Leeds - he did well with a load of average players and he knows everything about our players as well 

Thinking about it seriously- why not ask - at least it will upset the natives 

Wouldnt rule out John Terry as a surprise candidate. As was the case with Frank a year ago , he is wanting a move into management and actively looking, similar playing background at the highest level , is a fantastic leader and organiser and has the capabilities to carry on the good work that Frank leaves in progress i.e the younger players, style of play etc. plus the inspiration to lure new players, permanent or young loanees, especially maintaining the relationship with (Frank Lampards) Chelsea. The advantage is he has experienced the Championship for the last 2 years and what it takes to be succesful.

Obviousely would need a good team around him akin to Jody Morris,as he will be Chelsea bound, but no doubt he will have this already in mind. Who knows.......Ashley Cole is a big mate and has indicated his next move is into coaching.

Also Mel would probably be open to Frank suggesting a replacement before he departs.

Archived