Suggestions for the next Derby manager

Howe, Dyche, Hughton, Wilder, Neil, Monk, Bowyer, Scholes, Terry, Phil Neville, Adkins, El Tel, Keegan, Giggs, Spirit of Santo, Ranieri, Mourinho, Barton, Hasselbaink, Gibson, Colin, Bergkamp, Batistuta, Buffoon, Boothroyd, Karanka, Krankee. 

It’ll be one of these, although Mel has a track record of not appointing a manager who is managing at another club. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he’s going and by some miracle a DCFC media member is reading this, can you PLEASE delay this news until Tuesday?

Waking up to bad Monday morning headlines like the aforementioned situation will get me in a mood - especially the first week back at work after being on holiday.

Tuesday 11am? Works for me.

Ps - if you announce a new contract for Frank Lampard, feel free to smash my phone with app push notifications long into the night for as long as you wish. I’ll buy a new shirt, I promise.

39 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Perhaps not, but he has a pretty good win per game ratio at Pride Park.

Yes he has,  However I always think of this quote of his after Ipswich beat us 2013.

"We burgled it. I thought I heard the sirens and I said 'shut the doors, the police are coming!'

"'Did we deserve the three points? Not on that performance because they were better than us.

"We saved a penalty and had to stick at it because we've not played particularly well.

You good use that every time he has got something from us

11 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Howe, Dyche, Hughton, Wilder, Neil, Monk, Bowyer, Scholes, Terry, Phil Neville, Adkins, El Tel, Keegan, Giggs, Spirit of Santo, Ranieri, Mourinho, Barton, Hasselbaink, Gibson, Colin, Bergkamp, Batistuta, Buffoon, Boothroyd, Karanka, Krankee. 

It’ll be one of these, although Mel has a track record of not appointing a manager who is managing at another club. 

Hmm actually Adkins plays good football - seems to be a nice chap and has a promotion under his CV and he knows the championship and he is cheap and he is instantly available

decent shout that one 

14 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Nah we’ve had enough of those

17 minutes ago, Jonesy90 said:

If he’s going and by some miracle a DCFC media member is reading this, can you PLEASE delay this news until Tuesday?

Waking up to bad Monday morning headlines like the aforementioned situation will get me in a mood - especially the first week back at work after being on holiday.

Tuesday 11am? Works for me.

Ps - if you announce a new contract for Frank Lampard, feel free to smash my phone with app push notifications long into the night for as long as you wish. I’ll buy a new shirt, I promise.

Please no. I'm not sure I can face the extra 100 pages a days delay would generate on the Lampard and the Chelsea job thread.

What did people think when Jim Smith replaced McFarland??? Look how that one turned out.

Given whoever comes in won’t have long to sign players it’s important we get someone with a track record of maximising what they have. Hughton fits the bill from that perspective.

Alex Neil is my number 1 choice, might be tricky to get but we’ll have lots of Lampard compo at our disposal!!

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Is that THE Colin Gibson?

1 hour ago, Slim charles said:

Name to keep an eye on - Paul Warne the Rotherham manager 

Rather have Shane Warne.

Archived