Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Cocu would be an exciting appointment wouldn't he ? ?

Bit of research plays an attacking 4-3-3 using the wide areas to attack from( bit Mac 1 esque) like a zonal marking system . 

For anyone fancying a bit if f light Sunday afternoon reading 

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/07/30/tactical-philosophy-philip-cocu/

The way I read this it suggests he is not really aligned to Lampard’s preferred style of pressing high up the pitch to win the ball back quickly.  It seems he sets his team up with more defensive structure with less emphasis on pressing & breaks quickly to counter attack when the ball is won.  Seems more aligned to the way Rowett set up than Frank.  Hope I’m wrong as I certainly prefer the aggressive pressing style of football.  

1 hour ago, Donnyram said:

The way I read this it suggests he is not really aligned to Lampard’s preferred style of pressing high up the pitch to win the ball back quickly.  It seems he sets his team up with more defensive structure with less emphasis on pressing & breaks quickly to counter attack when the ball is won.  Seems more aligned to the way Rowett set up than Frank.  Hope I’m wrong as I certainly prefer the aggressive pressing style of football.  

I would say closer to Mac I

I for one would be happy with Cocu... especially if he can attract a ton of young Dutch talent, whilst Frank and Jody send us some cracking loan players up from Chelsea.

Do PSV have any young starlets who would love a season of being kicked by Championship defenders? #CharacterBuilding

9 minutes ago, MarchesRam said:

I for one would be happy with Cocu... especially if he can attract a ton of young Dutch talent, whilst Frank and Jody send us some cracking loan players up from Chelsea.

Do PSV have any young starlets who would love a season of being kicked by Championship defenders? #CharacterBuilding

Want nothing from that club.  Being the nursery club for one season was enough.  If that's cutting your nose of to spite your face pass the scalpel .

Taken from Sport Witness... ??‍♂️

Phillip Cocu is believed to be the chosen one.

In their Monday edition, De Telegraaf look at the situation and make it very clear the 48 year old is uncertain about whether it’s the right opportunity for him.

After a tough time at Fenerbahce, which damaged the reputation he’d built whist with PSV, the Dutch newspaper explains Cocu doesn’t want to gamble and needs assurances he’d have the backing to be successful.

He ‘doesn’t yet know’ if he’ll take the Derby job, and De Telegraaf believes it’s uncertain whether the Championship club will be able to convince him.

A major worry is how much of the squad last season was made up of loan players, and how that hole is going to be filled this summer.

Finances are also thought to be an issue, with it being stated Derby ‘doesn’t have much money’.

Nevertheless, talks have already taken place and the club want to continue them this week.

1 hour ago, REDCAR said:

Taken from Sport Witness... ??‍♂️

Phillip Cocu is believed to be the chosen one.

In their Monday edition, De Telegraaf look at the situation and make it very clear the 48 year old is uncertain about whether it’s the right opportunity for him.

After a tough time at Fenerbahce, which damaged the reputation he’d built whist with PSV, the Dutch newspaper explains Cocu doesn’t want to gamble and needs assurances he’d have the backing to be successful.

He ‘doesn’t yet know’ if he’ll take the Derby job, and De Telegraaf believes it’s uncertain whether the Championship club will be able to convince him.

A major worry is how much of the squad last season was made up of loan players, and how that hole is going to be filled this summer.

Finances are also thought to be an issue, with it being stated Derby ‘doesn’t have much money’.

Nevertheless, talks have already taken place and the club want to continue them this week.

If Mel Morris said to Philip Cocu, we want you to come in, work on a tight budget, sell our best players, work with youth, I don't think Cocu would even entertain a second chat.

The only way this would get any sort of traction (and Mel showing such ambition), is if there is something in the pipeline finance wise.

I can still see Stevie Mac having something to do with all this.

32 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Mel Morris said to Philip Cocu, we want you to come in, work on a tight budget, sell our best players, work with youth, I don't think Cocu would even entertain a second chat.

The only way this would get any sort of traction (and Mel showing such ambition), is if there is something in the pipeline finance wise.

I can still see Stevie Mac having something to do with all this.

He's interpreter, using his great Dutch accent.

Zo, zere iss no euro.

You eff to use ze kids..

Philip?

Allo? Allo?

27 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Let's get Alan Curbishley.

Then we could be Alan Curbishley's Derby County, or

ACDC, for short.

That’d put us on a Highway to Hell but at least we’d Shoot to Thrill 

Archived